It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike's thoughts on DJ
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
His ripping of Darrin Jackson for missing a week due to the birth of his child has got to be one of the dumbest points of view I have ever heard anyone have on any subject in my life. Today he stated that he knew of no man that has ever taken time off for the birth of his child?? WHAT!!?? I have 2 children and I took off 2+ weeks when both were born. All of my friends and family who are men have taken off time when their children were born. Mike is still talking about his dad bowling when he was born. Guess what Mike, just because your father did a dumbass thing doesnt make it right. DJ is a freakin baseball broadcaster, missing a week isnt that big a deal. I bet if Mike had a dog and the dog had puppies he would take some time off, but God forbid a man takes off to spend time with his newborn, and to help his wife who still needs about a week or two to get back to full strength. Blows me away how people who dont have kids are so freakin clueless when it comes to the subject of kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
I didn't hear this (since I don't listen to the MNMS) but if it's true, he deserves a nomination for the douchebag award.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
He's an idiot if he said that. I took a week off when my son was born. Any real man would. It's hard for a woman to deal with a newborn child when she's still trying to recover from the pregnancy and the birth itself. Nine months walking around carrying a child definitely takes a huge toll on a woman's body and her emotions.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Because Pappy doesn't have kids he likes to belittle people who do have kids. You're a pussy if you have kids and care about them. Or take off for a birth. Real men make the wife take care of the kids I guess. It's a way of Pappy to justify or make right the fact that he never had kids.

Meanwhile, Pappy dedicates time to saving dogs. Because that's his life style. That's important to him so it's cool to dedicate "adopt a pet" and talk about dogs all the time on the radio.

That's how stupid Pappy is that he doesn't even realize this contradiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:55 pm 

Human Beings > Dogs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Plus part of the reason DJ took off was because his wife decided to give birth in Arizona where his family is I guess.

I mean if she was in Chicago he wouldn't have taken a week off since the games were here anyway. That's what Pappy also doesn't get cuz he's stupid.

Yeah Pappy, maybe alot of people go to work still because most people can get back to the house at 5pm. DJ didn't have that option you stupid meat ball. HIS WIFE WASN'T HERE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

In this case, he can say whatever he wants, but not being a father, I think he would probably have a change of heart, and a different opinion. So, in summary, it really doesn't matter what he says.

As for Jackson leaving, getting Steve Stone in the booth has been a great addition. I say take another week off to celebrate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
North is truly clueless. My wife is due next week and plan on taking a week off when she delivers, which i have done with my other 2 kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Plus what the hell does Pappy care how people use their vacation time.

Jeez. They take one less trip to Vegas maybe to spend a week with their new born and that upsets this simpleton. Why?

Not in DJ's case cuz he's expected to work a half year straight but you guys said he was upset that every day people did this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:10 pm 

Mike is still holding a grudge against DJ because he got the white sox gig instead of him. North is your typical non-parent, thinks he knows everything about being a parent, but never had a kid because he is to selfish to commit to raising one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Maybe Mike's pistol is loaded with blanks.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Once again it's Mike show and a terrible topic, that he has driven into the ground for days.

Maybe the producer can think of something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:56 am 

bigfan wrote:
Once again it's Mike show and a terrible topic, that he has driven into the ground for days.

You mean other than calculating what her tip should have been on a bill at Gibsons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:02 pm 
Hard Core wrote:
Human Beings > Dogs

many times, not really!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
bigfan wrote:

He did.. He left!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
The sad thing is that I don't believe this is an act.
He's that uninformed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:45 pm 

And if DJ's wife, God forbid, had complications and he didn't take off, would North be blasting him for not being there?

I took off a week for my son's birth. Granted, he decided to stay in the NCIU for that whole week, so I only had a day or two home with him before heading back to work; but I was there for my wife and my son.

North is an asshat, all the way. Just when I think "ok, the guy is just opinionated and you don't agree with him" he goes and says something as moronic as this.

Go away North. You're proving you'd be a perfect replacment for Don Imus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm 

You can always look at Freds thought on this, he thinks because he has a niece or nephew stay overnight, that makes him a expert on being a parent. What Fred forgets, is those kids go home, more then likely feeling a bit dirty having to spend the weekend with Uncle Fred, but none the less they are gone.

Everyone can have a opinion and I am fine with it, but if a person without kids gives me a opinion on parenting, I will listen, but I dont give it much thought, because they dont know, its simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy seems to take offense at people with kids that they try to spend time with them and raise them properly.

Like I said, because he doesn't have one it's easy for him to take shots at parent raising. He doesn't have kids so raising kids is stupid to him. Makes no sense but that's Pappy's brain. Never mind that he was once a kid.

In the end we should all be happy that Fred and Pappy didn't procreate. The world is better off that the likes of these two aren't reproduced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:17 pm 

I dont really want to drag Norths parents into it, but they allowed him to drop out of High School at 16, if that was the type of parenting he was exposed to, I would say he did the right thing to not have kids.

Good parents dont allow that type of thing to happen and by the sounds of it, Norths pappy was to busy bowling and getting drunk to give a hoot, so I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

This topic is getting a bit too deep for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Maciano's
i missed this great topic when it was on the air friday, but i caught a few seconds of a replay today on the air.

i thought i heard mike and fred responding to a caller who said they couldn't get into it and wouldn't understand because neither of them are parents. pappy asks the caller if he's every played major league baseball and if not, then he couldn't have an opinion on baseball, etc.

i might be mistaken, but i thought i heard fred say "we might not be parents, but we were kids once too". someone please tell me that i misheard this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:58 pm 

Fred has said that in the past, he is a dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've never been a "fat ass yes man" so I really don't understand what it's like to be Fred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Pappy seems to take offense at people with kids that they try to spend time with them and raise them properly.

Like I said, because he doesn't have one it's easy for him to take shots at parent raising. He doesn't have kids so raising kids is stupid to him. Makes no sense but that's Pappy's brain. Never mind that he was once a kid.

In the end we should all be happy that Fred and Pappy didn't procreate. The world is better off that the likes of these two aren't reproduced.

Yet he'll complain that pro-sports don't have role models for young people in it?

Hey North, role models for kids?

Their freakin' parents.

And if they're smart parents, they play sports games like MLB the Show where their kid believes their old man is really in the game!

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
What a tool.

I'm not able to have children, but I know a lot of fathers who have taken off 2 weeks or more, or worked a flex schedule, to be home after the birth of a child.

How can he not understand this???

Oh nevermind...it's Mike North. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Houston Homer wrote:
I'm not able to have children..

Sorry to hear that HH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Houston Homer wrote:
I'm not able to have children

That's alright. I'm sure you still like practicing. 8)

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
Kid Cairo wrote:
Houston Homer wrote:
I'm not able to have children

That's alright. I'm sure you still like practicing. 8)

Indeed.

8)