It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Another dumb statement
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Although it would be difficult to pick the single dumbest comment uttered on the MNMS, his thoughts on the Mattel toy recall this morning would have to rank up there. Essentially Mike jag-bagged them for issuing a recall because the toys were found to contain lead paint. Why did North object to this you might ask? Because lots of stuff had lead paint in the past and people survived that just fine. Fred then chimed in with "maybe the parents shouldn't let their kids chew on the toys". The amazing thing is they think these are good points. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:51 pm 

You have got to be kidding me. Glad I missed it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:33 pm 

You have to wonder if his stance would have been different if the lead had been in dog products. Remember, it seems that in his world dogs>people, especially children

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
Regular Reader wrote:
You have to wonder if his stance would have been different if the lead had been in dog products. Remember, it seems that in his world dogs>people, especially children

if mike north had the choice to send either oj simpson or mike vick to jail for life, he would pick a dog fighter over a person who killed 2 humans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:55 pm 

That is a sad state of affairs....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:13 pm 

And here we were complaining that Fred and Mike comment on children's issues when not being parents. I for one am glad that neither are parents, after reading this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frontman wrote:
And here we were complaining that Fred and Mike comment on children's issues when not being parents. I for one am glad that neither are parents, after reading this.

I think both Mike and Fred chewed on a LOT of lead based paint when they were kids. That might explain a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pappy - When we'ze was kids we had led in everything. Dat never stopped us. I used to eat da led pencils as a kid. Look how I turned out.

Fred - You're right Pappy. Plus now the big thing is kids should eat healthy now. My Mom and Dad told me to eat whatever the hell I wanted. Sure I'm a fat ass today because of it. But I'll tell you what. I'm happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 pm 

Mike is just being a asswipe to draw atttention to himself, his 15 minutes is about up and he is deperate to do or say anything to fool someone into giving him a job.

Fred prove who he was when he teamed up with a sponser to lose weight and failed, that says it all about Fred a pthetic loser who has settled in to kissing the ass of a dope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
RodeoVann wrote:
Mike is just being a asswipe to draw atttention to himself, his 15 minutes is about up and he is deperate to do or say anything to fool someone into giving him a job.

Fred prove who he was when he teamed up with a sponser to lose weight and failed, that says it all about Fred a pthetic loser who has settled in to kissing the ass of a dope.

Yeah, probably because he was also a Dunkin' Donuts spokesman at the same time! That was a priceless crap on WYC several years ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

RodeoVann wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I've heard Mike say a lot of stuff that made me do a double take...on and off the air. My observation is that he does not say stuff like this to draw attention to himself. He truly believes this stuff. These comments are consistent with a lot of stuff he has said in the past comparing kids today to his day and the "pussification" of kids today. I've seen crowds of people at Mike's remotes nod their heads in agreement at stuff like this. You can question his opinions, but I wouldn't question his conviction in believing what he says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:30 pm 

C2C, I agree that he believes most of what he says, but sometimes it just seems to me, that he just blurts stuff out for reaction and thats my issue. If he sounded like he did some research or had some first hand knowledge of some of his topics, then I wouldnt have a issue.

EVeryone can have a opinion, I dont have a problem with that either, but to just say some of the stupid stuff he does and to just say and not go into detail why he feels that way, its weak and comes off as a reason to cause a stir, but since he doesnt take calls on his comments and has a lap dog for a co-host, thats why I feel the way I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Keeping Score wrote:
I created a new section / thread for all of Mike's dum statements.

Enjoy!!

That's more like it, KS. You may bet my vote yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Keeping Score wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Keeping Score wrote:
I created a new section / thread for all of Mike's dum statements.

Enjoy!!

That's more like it, KS. You may bet my vote yet.

I'm not a betting man Reason :wink:

I've had a couple cocktails.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:37 am 

Deacon Blues wrote:
if mike north had the choice to send either oj simpson or mike vick to jail for life, he would pick a dog fighter over a person who killed 2 humans

Well, at least they're both black, so that would make it easier for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
RodeoVann wrote:

I've noticed lately Mike is making fun of Fred being fat a lot more, both personally and by reading emails mocking Fred's weight, much like he would slip in emails mocking Annie. I guess since Annie's gone he has to direct his insults and put downs toward Fred now. Of course Fred offers no resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
SkippyTim37 wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:

Dat's exaccly rite.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
What if it wuz a couple two tree whites involved with da dog fightin ?

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:35 am 

Baku wrote:
RodeoVann wrote:

I've noticed lately Mike is making fun of Fred being fat a lot more, both personally and by reading emails mocking Fred's weight, much like he would slip in emails mocking Annie. I guess since Annie's gone he has to direct his insults and put downs toward Fred now. Of course Fred offers no resistance.

Like North is a physical specimen of greek godlike build. :roll:

Mike and Mike might a ton of Yanks/Sawks/Bonds crap, but at least I can't get pissed over stupid commentary on how I'm a bad parent for not letting my kid chew on a lead toy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:21 am 

SkippyTim37 wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:

OJ hasn't been Black since King died! LOL Actually I think all animal lovers feel the same way Mike does. They feel animals deserve the same rights as humans because they can't speak for themselves! Okey Dokey!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Mike's comparison this morning of dog killing to deer hunting is a little flawed...He said there are too many deer, so it's OK to kill them. I agree deer are overpopulated. But, by the same token there are too many dogs too. Shelters have to kill them all the time. That's why Bob Barker always says help control the pet population, because if your dog has 10 puppies no one is going to be able to care for all of them. The difference is the dogs are killed in humane manner, not tortured by hanging, electrocution and drowning.

At least he conceded that the people defending Vick, like marbury and roy jones, if they want to participate in dog fights do it somewhere where it isn't a felony. At the crux of the matter there is no argument there- if it's illegal and you do it you deserve to be punished, no matter what the moral stance is. As a weed smoker, I understand this. I don't think it should be illegal, but at the same time I understand the risk I'm taking by doing it and if I'm punished I can't cry foul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:26 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Did I hear Mike say that dog fighting is worse than rape or spousal abuse because "a lot of times women come back for more"? I know I heard him say that a lot of women "like to be urinated on". This is your guy, KS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Baku wrote:
Mike's comparison this morning of dog killing to deer hunting is a little flawed...He said there are too many deer, so it's OK to kill them. I agree deer are overpopulated. But, by the same token there are too many dogs too. Shelters have to kill them all the time. That's why Bob Barker always says help control the pet population, because if your dog has 10 puppies no one is going to be able to care for all of them. The difference is the dogs are killed in humane manner, not tortured by hanging, electrocution and drowning.

At least he conceded that the people defending Vick, like marbury and roy jones, if they want to participate in dog fights do it somewhere where it isn't a felony. At the crux of the matter there is no argument there- if it's illegal and you do it you deserve to be punished, no matter what the moral stance is. As a weed smoker, I understand this. I don't think it should be illegal, but at the same time I understand the risk I'm taking by doing it and if I'm punished I can't cry foul.

Yes, I've heard the deer hunting comparison, and it's doesn't fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
BD wrote:
Yes, I've heard the deer hunting comparison, and it's doesn't fly.

I agree. That dog don't hunt.