It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
For 4 years MNMS had not beat Mike and Mike?

While they had been close at points, they finally did get better ratings book correct?

But the ratings war is still very close between the for 18-54 male demo?

Isn't the biggest factor how much money they bill? Which I know is driven to a point by ratings?

Then the gross would translate to a net number, which ESPN pays a guy to flip a swicth and the Score pays Mike and The Morning Crew $2 million plus combined?

So Mike needs to Gross at least $2M more then M&M? Does he?

Radio Experts please correct my mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
bigfan wrote:
For 4 years MNMS had not beat Mike and Mike?

While they had been close at points, they finally did get better ratings book correct?

But the ratings war is still very close between the for 18-54 male demo?

Isn't the biggest factor how much money they bill? Which I know is driven to a point by ratings?

Then the gross would translate to a net number, which ESPN pays a guy to flip a swicth and the Score pays Mike and The Morning Crew $2 million plus combined?

Beats me. North went into a diatribe this AM about how sales doesn't raise their rates, meaning that they have to run an overabundance of ads. If this station is bringing in better ratings, then why aren't their ad rates adjusting to match?

I still consider North's being there to be part of a "developmental contract". If they can find a general-interest audience for what he provides, he'll be off to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

North also brings in big bucks from all of his pals who pay him to do reads, his "GUYS". He's really the only one on that station who does so many reads which gives him a lot of leverage at the station and with management. When he's negotiating or renegotiating I be he has all these guys with his back that if Mike left the station, they'd pull their advertising. And the ones he's pitching run a LOT of ads on the Score.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I don't doubt Mike brings in money. He is the guy who helps sell his own show. it is basically what he does and I know that gives him leverage, but does he bill $2Mill more than the other morning show?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:38 am 

bigfan wrote:

You're not hugely off, BF, but with two caveats: 1) ESPN runs a couple minutes fewer ads an hour, so that cuts in a bit; 2) M&M are a national show and some of their spots are given over to national buys, while the MNMS has no such commitments. Still, you're basic point is right--I can't imagine that Disney isn't "clearing" more off M&M in Chicago than CBS is of MNMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
bigfan wrote:
I don't doubt Mike brings in money. He is the guy who helps sell his own show. it is basically what he does and I know that gives him leverage, but does he bill $2Mill more than the other morning show?

Of course not. Don't forget, most media buyers don't buy "per show".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:05 pm 

Mr. Beebo

I think a very large number of Norths sponsors by for his show, because he sells to them himself. I am sure he allows a sales person to make the commission, but I bet North sets up a large number of his deals.

he does it because he has the time, he wants total control over his show, so when he gets fired he takes these same sponsors to another station and these idiots would follow him in a second.