It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:14 pm 

Thus unlistenable and I don't listen because of shit like this.

being Monday I am assuming Mike talked about his weekend, where he went, what he did, who he saw.

Anyone that listens want to tell me what him and knuckles did this weekend?

Maybe where Mike ate?

I could have sworn the first place Cubs played and the last place Sox played, so plenty to talk good and bad about. Maybe predict something he might see in the Bears game? Maybe something funny he saw in sports?

Post subject: Huh?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
JAWS wrote:
He even went to Fred for backup, and the (normally) yes man even agreed with Jen... said something to the effect Gold Coast went west to State Street. Mike said "Dat just stupid. If I'm on State Street, I can't see da coast". Some things he just doesn't get. Actually, many things. In the end he just calls everyone stupid and announces himself right.... which is usually wrong.

I was only half paying attention, but didn't Mike also state that Libertyville was actually a northwestern suburb - not a northern one? He really is an idiot sometimes. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
So why are you all listening?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:11 pm 

He gives his dog everyday, or he gives his dog jagbag, or Rock or Fred or Jen.

Thats what the guy is, the show is about MIKE, and MIKE NORTH only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Judging by the way he dotes on this new fucking dog's every bowel movement, I thank God he never had kids.

Try to be more self-absorbed numbnuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:01 pm 
I think the reason I listen is for the shockingly bad radio. That's all. A textbook example for all radio students that it's not necessarily how good your show is...but WILL advertisers buy time on it?

Waddle and Silvy for the same reason. Waddle must have been told to tone down his talking circles around Silvy. Nice guy, but not the brightest. It's funny when he doesn't get when Waddle provokes him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:

Thats one thing I dont get about Teelander. He posts things about North being a dumbass a few times a week in a new thread, yet he must continually listen to North to find such examples. If he sucks so much and makes you turn the dial........ Why dont you just turn the dial? I am not criticizing Teelander because, unlike KS, I agree with his posts every single time he posts in this thread, I am just curious as to why his radio would ever be tuned into the 670 AM frequency between 6 and 10 if he disliked North so much. For example, I hate Murph because the 3 or 4 times I have tried to listen to his show in the past, his voice and the content of that voice have made me chance back to espn1000 within minutes of putting him on. So now I very rarely have anything to add to a Murph thread because I never listen to the show so it is hard to come up with specific dumbass things he says, I just rely on my previous judgement and assume he is still being a dumbass by reading other posts in his section and realizing alot of people arent gonna change.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:56 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
So if Teelander continually listens - and posts separate threads about North being a dumbass - wouldn't that in actuality make Teelander a BIGGER DUMBASS?????

those are your words, I find him to be intelligent, but possibly suffering from a sports radio form of Stockholm Syndrome

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Darkside, thank you and FavreFan for posing a question that I've asked several times. This section sucks because of the daily bitching and moaning about a show that apparently no one likes.

Guys like Mr. Belvidere and Pastafajool can insult the "One Screen Name" thread, but really, who looks worse? KS? A guy who's just having a little fun on the board or all you guys who create thread after thread after thread whining like a bunch of toddlers who can't find their fucking sippy cup? "Mike's an idiot. Fred's a kiss-ass. Jen Jen is terrible." Please move on!

Here's a solution guys: stop listening and actually contribute some substance to the board - whether it's friendly debate, a humorous one-liner, ANYTHING but the bitching! It's gotta stop already! This section really sucks the life out of .

I hate Mike North's show but I don't listen. It's simplified things quite nicely for me.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:28 pm 

Kid Cairo wrote:

I hate Mike North's show but I don't listen. It's simplified things quite nicely for me.

Yeah I have always taken that approach to the Score in general and it seems like a good idea to me, although I gotta say I have started to give B&B more of a chance after a couple good moments I heard recently after flippin the dial because of commercial on MJH or H on MJH

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I only heard about 5 minutes this morning, and it was North making his case that Sox fans were hoodwinked by Rowand for Thome trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks for the reference Kid but you're doing the same thing. Why talk about us "haters" if we dont count and we repeat the same things? We shouldnt be worth a response.

I only listen 10-2 regularly but sometimes I start the car and I cant help but hear a few secs of North or Bernstien. And for sure I sometimes cant help but listen for a minute or two because it reminds me why I dont listen regulalry.

I dont hate anyone here. Even KS is "probably" a good guy (but I doubt it), I feel the Score could be so much better in a big market like Chicago with so many teams to talk about. I'm embarrassed that North somehow represents the Chicago fan ala "the Superfans" once did.

Like I've always said, I found 820AM back in 92 and I loved it. I want to love SCR again but the STARS of the station make me want to vomit.

Its that simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:23 pm 

Quote:
He gives his dog everyday, or he gives his dog jagbag

Actually I had his show on and for the first time in years, North made me laugh. He said he was playing tug of war with his pooch and decided to put the one end of the rope in his mouth and the dog took the other and kicked his ass and I guess the shook Norths head so hard it hurt his neck.

The vision of a dog giving a North a beatdown is just priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:36 am 

Darkside wrote:

Because it's radio! Good or bad! I don't believe people here HATE Mike (that's a strong work reserved for someone like bin Laden). We know he can be better than what he's putting out there right now. I've had the SCORE on my radio from day one and I have my radio on in my office all day long. I listen to The SCORE and Mike just happens to be on. If he says something idiotic, he should be called on it. Something racial that's out of line, he should be called on it. I don't sit on my hands......( or in my basement holding my wanker) I report to the FCC, no matter who's the host or radio station!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:17 am 

romante5 wrote:
i find myself listening more and more to spike, or if after 9am kathy and judy. :

Please tell me you are female! SPIKE? Is that the same spike from harry and spike?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:18 am 

Kid Cairo wrote:
This section sucks because of the daily bitching and moaning about a show that apparently no one likes.

I like it. It was detestable during the height of the general topics experiment, but it is pretty good now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:39 am 

JROCK1956 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Because it's radio! Good or bad! I don't believe people here HATE Mike (that's a strong work reserved for someone like bin Laden). We know he can be better than what he's putting out there right now. I've had the SCORE on my radio from day one and I have my radio on in my office all day long. I listen to The SCORE and Mike just happens to be on. If he says something idiotic, he should be called on it. Something racial that's out of line, he should be called on it. I don't sit on my hands......( or in my basement holding my wanker) I report to the FCC, no matter who's the host or radio station!

this post made me laugh out loud more than any post in this thread i think, and im not quite sure why. the last sentence was just too funny

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:33 am 

FavreFan86 wrote:
JROCK1956 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

this post made me laugh out loud more than any post in this thread i think, and im not quite sure why. the last sentence was just too funny

That's what my wife says about my wanker too! LOL!

Post subject: Why you ask?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Darkside wrote:

I listen because I generally prefer it to the alternatives. As JROCK noted - it is far from perfect but I have been a Scorehead from day 1 and will continue to be. When Pappy goes off the deepend (pretty much a daily occurance) it should be no surprise that it is discussed here.

I would agree that some posters offer only negative comments (toward any show) which can be tiresome. However, for the most part I think the thoughts expressed here are pretty well thought out which can lead some entertaining discussions. :D