It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reinsdorf interview
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:44 am 

Even when he's buttered up he can't look like anything but a jagoff. I hate this guy. I hate it even more that he has 7 championships, because it proves that being an asshole and a historical cheapass wins you things in the end. He got lucky with having the most talented basketball player in history, and wound up with one of the most likeable winning baseball teams in the 21st century. I have to give him credit I guess but God I hate the guy, and I hate how smug he sounds all the time.

Sorry...[/rant]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z = bigfan?

Im pretty sure most people echo your sentiments. JR is not a very well liked person around here.

To rock my soul

Post subject: Re: Reinsdorf interview
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
W_Z wrote:
He got lucky with having the most talented basketball player in history...

Yeah, I miss Scottie Pippen too.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:06 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I think you guys mean he got lucky with Corey Benjamin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Jerry is just alright with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:10 am 
1000 CLUB

I thought the interview was fine. North likes to butter him up before asking the question, and Reinsdorf doesn't usually give out much information, but I think North was pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

:shock:

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:21 am 

A7X wrote:
Jerry is just alright with me.

sounds like a parody potential

Doobie Brothers - Jesus is just alright

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:43 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Similar to how Horace Grant got lucky with Joan Esposito?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:48 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Similar to how Horace Grant got lucky with Joan Esposito?

:lol:

......allegedly

Post subject: Criagslist
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:43 am 

Hilarious Comments By Jerry Reinsdorf Today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: pers-404891259@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-24, 10:45AM CDT

This pearl of wisdom was spoken by Jerry Reinsdorf (Yes, that Jerry Reinsdorf who made you Sox fans wait 11 years longer than you should have for a World Series championship because of his own personal agenda) on a radio interview this morning:

He was posed a question about the prediction made by Baseball Prospectus before the season started. Their computer projected the Sox to win 72 games this season, a total they may not even get to. He was asked what the publication knew that his hand puppet, Kenny Williams didn't. His response was "They got lucky."

He then pointed out that in '05 the same publication also projected them to finish no better than .500. So Jerry, who got lucky then? Just wondering. Can't have it both ways.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:44 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Sounds like Jerry will allow North to take a bite out of his apple in the future :wink:.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:45 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
W_Z wrote:
one of the most likeable winning baseball teams in the 21st century.

Yeah, man, Jon Garland and Carl Everett captured America's heart. So did Mark Buerhle when he called Greg Maddux a cheater and blamed a bad start on the magic pitch-tipping scoreboard in Arlington, or their manager who just unintelligibly swears at everyone, or their drunken racist closer. Those likable White Sox.

Post subject: Re: Criagslist
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

ScoreGuy wrote:
Hilarious Comments By Jerry Reinsdorf Today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: pers-404891259@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-24, 10:45AM CDT

This pearl of wisdom was spoken by Jerry Reinsdorf (Yes, that Jerry Reinsdorf who made you Sox fans wait 11 years longer than you should have for a World Series championship because of his own personal agenda) on a radio interview this morning:

He was posed a question about the prediction made by Baseball Prospectus before the season started. Their computer projected the Sox to win 72 games this season, a total they may not even get to. He was asked what the publication knew that his hand puppet, Kenny Williams didn't. His response was "They got lucky."

He then pointed out that in '05 the same publication also projected them to finish no better than .500. So Jerry, who got lucky then? Just wondering. Can't have it both ways.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Or...Baseball Prospectus did get lucky considering they were so wrong about 2005.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yeah, man, Jon Garland and Carl Everett captured America's heart. So did Mark Buerhle when he called Greg Maddux a cheater and blamed a bad start on the magic pitch-tipping scoreboard in Arlington, or their manager who just unintelligibly swears at everyone, or their drunken racist closer. Those likable White Sox.

Your obvious smear attempts will not work. That team was in fact praised by baseball fans around the country as playing pure baseball, the way it was meant to be played. The pitchers turned back the clock with all those complete games, and you had small ball, smart base running, great defense, and an occasional very exciting HR. That was a magnificent playoff run, and one that will be remembered for a long time by true baseball fans. It was similar to the Pistons dismantling of the Lakers in 2004, which if you watch NBA basketball, was very easy to predict. I made alot of money on that series.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:02 pm 

[/quote] their drunken racist closer. [/quote]

I must have missed this. Did they have John Rocker for a while in 05?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:07 pm 

hootmon wrote:
Quote:
their drunken racist closer.

Yeah, I was wondering who Curious was talking about. Dustin Hermanson? Shingo? Jenks?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kid Cairo wrote:
hootmon wrote:
Quote:
their drunken racist closer.

Yeah, I was wondering who Curious was talking about. Dustin Hermanson? Shingo? Jenks?

I think he was talking about Jenks. There was some sort of BS rumor about an issue with him before the Sox picked him up back when he was drinking. He admitted he had a drinking problem but whatever the racist thing was as far as I know was complete crap. He's obviously turned his life around and seems to be a damn good guy and very humble.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
FavreFan86 wrote:
That team was in fact praised by baseball fans around the country as playing pure baseball, the way it was meant to be played.

The Red Sox played baseball the way it wasn't meant to be played. They held their bats in the field and ran the bases clockwise.

All I remember about how the fans responded to the White Sox was that nobody cared.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
FavreFan86 wrote:
That team was in fact praised by baseball fans around the country as playing pure baseball, the way it was meant to be played.

The Red Sox played baseball the way it wasn't meant to be played. They held their bats in the field and ran the bases clockwise.

All I remember about how the fans responded to the White Sox was that nobody cared.

Im not at all surprised a Cub fan couldnt get my point. typical.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:41 pm 

Wait, back the truck up. Since Jenks had a drinking problem, that obviously makes him a racist? Or is it because he's a big dopey looking white guy we make that statement?

Sorry, The White Sox of 2005 were a pretty likeable team. And the few examples of behavior (like Mark's so-called accusing Maddux of possibly cheating) [for the record, Mark said, "I don't know how he can do it;' so obviously that's an accusation of cheating.]

Sorry, the Sox did fine. They won with more than the occassional home run (quite a bit, in fact) but to say they were an unliked team?

Yeah, that's why even die-hard Cubs fans I know gave them credit for winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:53 pm 

Curious Hair is an example of a bitter angry cubs fan who cant logically make an argument against the fact that this Sox team pretty much epitomized why the majority of people watch baseball. He makes stupid, completely inaccurate, assesments of their character based on pretty much nothing. You will be lucky if the Cubs ever field a team that could come close to that squad in your lifetime

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:34 pm 

Frontman wrote:
Wait, back the truck up. Since Jenks had a drinking problem, that obviously makes him a racist? Or is it because he's a big dopey looking white guy we make that statement?

I think it comes from him growing up in a remote part of Idaho or Montana very close to a major aryan nation compound. I don't think he was ever a part of the group though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Favre Fan or should I call you______, either one. You don't get it do you? I do not hate Jerry Reinsdorf in any way. I have said how much I admire the guy.

I do think he uses his political touch a bit too much for my liking under the think veil of doing the public good. None of his issues get voted on by the public, the elected (and paid for) officials just approve it.

Once again, I understand it as well as anyone here (Trust me), but when you keep going back to the well to almost supplement your business or to avoid competition (NO DOMES ALLOWED-KEEP BIG MUSIC SHOWS AT UC) yes, I have a problem with the public costs at which he gets things done.

yet, I admire how he does so, especially without hardly any criticism for real issues he controls. call it jealousy, it is still a major issue. All those stupid Tribune companies do is pay millions a year in property taxes and then upkeep, while Jerry pays his % of revenue if he draws 1.65 M and we pay for every light bulb changed in the place.

The signing of players to short term deals, is his choice, its how he decides to conduct business and he will tell you how right he has been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Frontman wrote:

I think it comes from him growing up in a remote part of Idaho or Montana very close to a major aryan nation compound. I don't think he was ever a part of the group though

Oh, I got it. So, since his neighbor was a racist, by proxy he becomes racist?

Ok, then I'll make sure I never live next to a pig farm........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:26 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Favre Fan or should I call you______, either one. You don't get it do you? I do not hate Jerry Reinsdorf in any way. I have said how much I admire the guy.

I do think he uses his political touch a bit too much for my liking under the think veil of doing the public good. None of his issues get voted on by the public, the elected (and paid for) officials just approve it.

Once again, I understand it as well as anyone here (Trust me), but when you keep going back to the well to almost supplement your business or to avoid competition (NO DOMES ALLOWED-KEEP BIG MUSIC SHOWS AT UC) yes, I have a problem with the public costs at which he gets things done.

yet, I admire how he does so, especially without hardly any criticism for real issues he controls. call it jealousy, it is still a major issue. All those stupid Tribune companies do is pay millions a year in property taxes and then upkeep, while Jerry pays his % of revenue if he draws 1.65 M and we pay for every light bulb changed in the place.

The signing of players to short term deals, is his choice, its how he decides to conduct business and he will tell you how right he has been.

Um, I not sure I understand your lashing out here. I said nothing about you in this thread, and furthermore I never defended JR to you or defended his actions. I defended the White Sox as a team and Kenny Williams. I stand by what I have said in previous threads regarding this topic, but in this thread I have brought this up at all, and I have criticized your views of JR, just your over the top hate for all things White Sox now that they are losing. You seem to give no credit at all to any players on the entire team, yet they were "lucky" enough in 2005 to win a WS despite no talent that anyone else in the league wanted, a mediocre manager, a below average general manager and greedy, cheap owner. Seems like quite an accomplishment. :roll:

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
You and Frank must have reading problems then.

I gave huge credit to the Players and the Manager in 2005. So thus I can't "HATE ALL THINGS WHITE SOX" as you keep claiming.

They outperformed the expectations of the general manager.

Simple, I am telling you that a number of players on that team are NOT who the GM wanted, starting with the manager, to the catcher.

"AJ just does not fit with this club' Said by Kenny Williams 3 weeks before they signed him. Kenny did not say it to bluff anyone out. Everyone had Catchers except the Sox, so either it was AJ or Ben Davis. Amazing it took Ozzie 3 weeks to battle Kenny on that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:30 am 

lol please do KS I would love to hear who you think I might be, besides yourself I mean

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:35 am 

as usual bigfan u did not address my questions as to how your post pertains to this thread, but it is your board so do as u wish i guess

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:40 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Who the fuck cares about Greg Maddux? The guy chews out his teammates and pisses on rookies in the shower, I'm sure America was heartbroken.

Curious Hair wrote:
FavreFan86 wrote:

Funny, this is the same way I feel about the Cubs this year. Who can finish above .500?!?! Wow, exciting stuff.