It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Only 2 more days until this board's version of the 72 Dolphins begins to pop the champagne once more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
The opening round of the NFL Draft was the most-watched in three years.

Thursday’s opening round NFL Draft coverage averaged a combined 6.1 rating and 11.63 million viewers across ESPN (2.8, 5.56M), ABC (2.55, 4.51M) and NFL Network (0.7, 1.56M), with viewership rising to 12.1 million including ESPN Deportes and digital platforms — the highest average since 2021.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Are you comparing Frank to the only undefeated team in NFL history as an insult?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:20 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Are you comparing Frank to the only undefeated team in NFL history as an insult?

Til Next Year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://youtu.be/TIy1RUfCiNw?si=lHPeDIC7Pdz5dAw9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

72 Dolphins also got higher TV ratings than the NBA

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

72 Dolphins also got higher TV ratings than the NBA

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... t%20wonder

One-hit wonder
noun
variants or less commonly one hit wonder or one-hit-wonder
pluralone-hit wonders also one hit wonders or one-hit-wonders
: a musical group that has achieved recognition on the basis of only one widely popular song

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 pm 

What was the genesis of this thread?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm 

That MANY would rather hear about in Season NBA as opposed to Off Season, Out of Town NFL Talk On A ChicagoTalk Radio Station. However Dangerous Dan McNeil for years felt otherwise. He hated to talk about the NBA and never missed a chance to let you know either.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm 

So it’s NFL roster moves v. out of town NBA talk - which is more interesting?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 pm 

So it’s NFL roster moves v. out of town NBA talk - which is more interesting?

It's about non stop discussion of the NFL during its Off Season as opposed to any discussion of the NBA during its in season. That's why it's in the Dan McNeil thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
NBA Appears to Be on Track to Double Media-Rights Fee Intake

Michael Laughlin-USA TODAY Sports

As more NBA teams continue sealing their places in the second round of the playoffs, the league appears to be getting closer to a win of its own—securing its next set of media deals and a substantial rights fee increase in the process.

Disney and Warner Bros. Discovery are currently paying the NBA rightly $2.7 billion combined annually to air games on ESPN and TNT, respectively. Nothing new has been officially agreed to or signed, but already, factoring in the reported values of potential deals on the table, the league can likely expect to at least double its intake. Disney is on track to renew for an average of roughly $2.6 billion per year, and NBC is prepared to bid $2.5 billion annually, according to The Wall Street Journal. WBD has the right to match a rival bid if it chooses, as does Disney.

Although no financial details of Amazon’s potential deal with the NBA have been reported, it’s safe to assume that the streamer would pay enough annually to get the league well over $5.4 billion, which would be double its current deals, and potentially closer to $6 billion, if not even more.

Trending Up
Such an increase for the NBA would be impressive, given the growing disruption in the current sports media landscape.

Earlier this year, the College Football Playoff struck an extension with ESPN that will be worth $1.3 billion a year beginning in the 2026–27 season. While that is more than double the $608 million that the network has been paying, the new deal is for 11 postseason games as part of an expanded 12-team playoff. That means four more game broadcasts than the seven (three playoff, four other New Year’s Six bowl games) that were included in ESPN’s CFP package.

Last fall, NASCAR struck new media-rights deals, expanding from two partners for its flagship Cup Series to four, similar to the NBA’s seemingly going from two to at least three. The $1.1 billion NASCAR will bring in annually, starting next year, is a 40% increase over its current deals.

With cord-cutting continuing to challenge the entire media industry, the profitability of streaming still something of an open question, and most major U.S. sports rights locked up for the next several years, the NBA rights negotiation has been widely seen as something of a litmus test on the health of the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

That's cool.

Disney/ESPN bid $2.6 billion for Monday Night Football. One game per week and one playoff game, no Super Bowms.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:27 pm 

Just as I suspected! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
The Friday telecast aired entirely on ESPN2 to accommodate the NBA Playoffs and was the least-watched second night of the Draft on ESPN’s cable networks since the three-day format began in 2010.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2024/0 ... l-network/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Just as I suspected! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
The Friday telecast aired entirely on ESPN2 to accommodate the NBA Playoffs and was the least-watched second night of the Draft on ESPN’s cable networks since the three-day format began in 2010.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2024/0 ... l-network/

I wonder how the ratings of the one night of the NBA draft will compare to the first night of the NFL draft? I'm sure you will update us.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
The second night of the NFL Draft was no match for last year, but still topped the day in sports viewing for Friday, April 26.

Friday’s second and third rounds of the NFL Draft averaged a combined 5.05 million viewers across ABC (2.69M), ESPN2 (1.57M) and NFL Network (793K), down 9% from last year (5.53M) but still the top sports audience of the day. Coverage averaged 5.06 million including ESPN Deportes (14K).

Despite competition from the NFL Draft, the NBA Playoffs benefited from a scheduling change that gave ESPN three standalone windows. Clippers-Mavericks Game 3 averaged 3.34 million viewers, up 47% from Celtics-Hawks a year ago (2.27M). Timberwolves-Suns followed with 2.70 million, up 20% from last year’s Nuggets-Timberwolves game (2.25M).

Just as we suspected :F
Draft Day 2 > NBA Playoffs

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:20 am 

Clippers-Mavs on tonight. Any "OffSeason Football" which you'd find to be more "compelling" instead? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 am 

Clippers-Mavs on tonight. Any "OffSeason Football" which you'd find to be more "compelling" instead? Just Asking A Question

I just mowed my lawn - I suppose I could watch the grass grow.

Seriously though, these playoffs have been fun to watch so far.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:51 am 

Franky T wrote:

I just mowed my lawn - I suppose I could watch the grass grow.

Seriously though, these playoffs have been fun to watch so far.

I think this will (and has been the last several years) the new normal. There is much more parity in the NBA currently. More than I have ever seen in my lifetime. Makes the 1st round series much more compelling as a result.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:53 am 

Denver LA was fun. Denver Minnesota should be awesome.

I’m having a hard time finding the eastern series all that enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 9:56 am 

Nothing more enjoyable than watching LeBron lose and the scramble to buttress his legacy

I watched nearly all the Knicks 76ers yesterday but I'm an old school 76er fan. It made it sweeter that Ewing and Starks had to sit there and watch the Knicks lose, just like they did when those guys were playing.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's

I think the original spark of the meme about people not wanting to hear out-of-town NBA basketball was when I complained about a segment dedicated to an expert talking about the Jazz-Clippers Conference Quarterfinals matchup in 2017 when Bernstein & Goff was just full-on imploding.

Actual quotes from the show the day before, or two days before, the NFL Draft where the Bears had a high-ish pick:

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
"Now I'm not saying that people who turn off NBA games are doing so because there's a bunch of brothas on the screen, I'm not saying that, but...you know, it's right there for ya'."

"Speaking of that, this Jazz-Clippers series is a THING, man. Coming up after an update, we'll talk to Tony Jones about this series going back to Utah, he covers the Jazz for the Salt Lake Tribune. Right here on 670 The Score."

CH later seized/pounced on the meme as a shorthand criticism of B&G being out of touch with listeners, and LTG no likey.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

Precisely the reason why a telecast that involves a rich white man reading names at a podium gets higher TV ratings than NBA playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:30 pm 

New York Philly has been the best series of the playoffs thus far.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:32 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Precisely the reason why a telecast that involves a rich white man reading names at a podium gets higher TV ratings than NBA playoffs.

Anything tonight on the "Off Season NFL" side that will garner higher ratings Phantom? Just Asking A Question

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Whenever the argument is obviously stupid, then just simply make an attempt to recalibrate the argument.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 pm 

I will watch that even if NFL OTA's are on TV.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 8:55 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Whenever the argument is obviously stupid, then just simply make an attempt to recalibrate the argument.

It appears as if the Phantom has a little Joe Biden in him if you know what I mean
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Because if they did, then the NFL Combine would never be televised on a station that draws fewer viewers than the IHSA Championship Basketball Game does.
Once again, the NFL combine not outdrawing live NBA games isn't the big win you think it is.

Yes it is if the topic pertains to "Off Season Football" And if Brick isn't "gaslighting" every issue then what exactly is that he actually does around here? Just Asking A QUESTION
So why is it a big win that actual live NBA games will draw a larger audience than people running in a straight line?

It's always been about interest in terms of discussing things outside the actual games.

Whenever the argument is obviously stupid, then just simply make an attempt to "recalibrate" the argument. Won't work. this rip dude. Accept your L and move on

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:25 pm 

Bagels wrote:

As more NBA teams continue sealing their places in the second round of the playoffs, the league appears to be getting closer to a win of its own—securing its next set of media deals and a substantial rights fee increase in the process.

Disney and Warner Bros. Discovery are currently paying the NBA rightly $2.7 billion combined annually to air games on ESPN and TNT, respectively. Nothing new has been officially agreed to or signed, but already, factoring in the reported values of potential deals on the table, the league can likely expect to at least double its intake. Disney is on track to renew for an average of roughly $2.6 billion per year, and NBC is prepared to bid $2.5 billion annually, according to The Wall Street Journal. WBD has the right to match a rival bid if it chooses, as does Disney.

Although no financial details of Amazon’s potential deal with the NBA have been reported, it’s safe to assume that the streamer would pay enough annually to get the league well over $5.4 billion, which would be double its current deals, and potentially closer to $6 billion, if not even more.

Trending Up
Such an increase for the NBA would be impressive, given the growing disruption in the current sports media landscape.

Earlier this year, the College Football Playoff struck an extension with ESPN that will be worth $1.3 billion a year beginning in the 2026–27 season. While that is more than double the $608 million that the network has been paying, the new deal is for 11 postseason games as part of an expanded 12-team playoff. That means four more game broadcasts than the seven (three playoff, four other New Year’s Six bowl games) that were included in ESPN’s CFP package.

Last fall, NASCAR struck new media-rights deals, expanding from two partners for its flagship Cup Series to four, similar to the NBA’s seemingly going from two to at least three. The $1.1 billion NASCAR will bring in annually, starting next year, is a 40% increase over its current deals.

With cord-cutting continuing to challenge the entire media industry, the profitability of streaming still something of an open question, and most major U.S. sports rights locked up for the next several years, the NBA rights negotiation has been widely seen as something of a litmus test on the health of the

I keep thinking the televised sports industry is going to implode, but these fees keep increasing dramatically every single time they're up for negotiation. This can't be sustainable forever.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Douchebag wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Trending Up

I keep thinking the televised sports industry is going to implode, but these fees keep increasing dramatically every single time they're up for negotiation. This can't be sustainable forever.

Just write it off.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 1:20 pm 

Any OffSeason NFL Ratings or interest information that doesn't pertain to the NFL Draft? Just Asking A Question

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next