It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let’s Talk...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
doug - evergreen park wrote:
The posters who point fingers are usually the guilty.

Charles Schwab over here...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:00 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Remotes were fun!
A million percent yes. Some of those were awesome. Great memories hanging out with board members and radio people. Same with the Mac/Score tailgates at Cellular Rate Field. I do miss those.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
yeah, it's a bummer that these stopped happening.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Biting my lip from going in on this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
vitoscotti wrote:

He clearly is not listening to the feedback. He is more interested in defending what he and 670 do. This is almost 100% a waste of time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:29 am 
100000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
We are all waiting with bated breath for your keen thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:43 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
We are all waiting with bated breath for your keen thoughts.

No, I'll keep being "Mr. Nice" as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:46 am 

asking adult Danny about co-workers in the hopes that he might break bad in some fashion is an exercise in futility—and frankly stupid.

I would be curious how specifically he thinks the station can adapt in terms of format, show gimmicks, and content to not just “survive” the current lack of sports climate but also grow and excel given local, sports radio new role in 2020 compared to the change in listeners habits, podcasts, etc.

I’m sure Parkins has alot of ideas on how to modify what he and 670 do to not just stay relevant but differentiate itself in the immediate 1-3 years. What are those ideas? Again, I don’t anticipate he’d go into much detail about it, but those are the thoughts I’d find interesting. Not whether Julie was hated or if he’s disappointed about the chemistry between him and his radio father.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Maybe have a few bored luminaries that actually have personality on the show for segment or two? Doesn't cost anything. Worst case scenario ... you get to bury some fools live on the air. Best case, the whole segment gets over, people are talking about the best segment in years, and the bored gets some pub.

I nominate...DON TINY!!!!

I'm not particularly inneresting, intelligent, or informed. Plus, I don't think they need a Jackie Martling type feeding them jokes and is a risk for saying something off-color on accident.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Crick Ramp wrote:
asking adult Danny about co-workers in the hopes that he might break bad in some fashion is an exercise in futility—and frankly stupid.

I would be curious how specifically he thinks the station can adapt in terms of format, show gimmicks, and content to not just “survive” the current lack of sports climate but also grow and excel given local, sports radio new role in 2020 compared to the change in listeners habits, podcasts, etc.

I’m sure Parkins has alot of ideas on how to modify what he and 670 do to not just stay relevant but differentiate itself in the immediate 1-3 years. What are those ideas? Again, I don’t anticipate he’d go into much detail about it, but those are the thoughts I’d find interesting. Not whether Julie was hated or if he’s disappointed about the chemistry between him and his radio father.

Then it’s pretty fucking stupid ( or disingenuous ) to come here and say “ Hey guys , ask me questions, just not those questions !!”

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
One of the things I liked about Parkins is that he challenged people when he first arrived. Then Holmes threatened to meet him in the hallway or something like that. So it stopped.

It's kinda ridiculous that someone is considered so sacred that we can't get anything other than no comment. Gossip and taking shots at other hosts was a part of what made the early Score interesting. It was regular people talking. Now it's become very important people using their platforms to do something greater than talk sports.

I endorse Don Tiny idea of bringing on local "expert" fans. It would be more interesting than Eddie Jackson's weekly spot of "we are working things out" and "focused on the next game" spots.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 am 

Is it disingenuous on his part, or idiotic on the part of certain posters whose questions are merely designed to stir up shit and cause a potential rift for someone professionally?

As the greatest sports mind in Chicago Media History would say “Cmon Sparkles, you’re better than that!”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:

Zzzz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:01 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Gossip and taking shots at other hosts was a part of what made the early Score interesting.

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation. If you want my old shit, buy my old albums.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Zzzz

Lol I was about to type...

Yawn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:
Hi Danny, thanks for coming by.

Unless I missed it, if I can put my Beardown hat on, I haven't seen you answer any DiCaro-related questions as of yet.

Has there been a memo at the station not to talk about her in any way? Was it like walking on egg-shells with her being around and all of her faux-feminism?

I appreciated your honesty during a "Can't Do It" segment a few years back when someone asked why you brought in Siera Santos(?) to guest host with you instead of DiCaro and you simply said something the the effect of "I brought in who I like" and left it at that.

It is pretty clear he is not going to answer any questions of this nature. Really sad. If you are going to come here and initiate a question/answer thread then you should address the questions that you get. I know he is not going to go scorched earth, but you can at least give something to the people who listen to your shows.

Only a fool would think there is going to be any real response to a question of that nature.

hurr durr, let's see ... wife, child, home, job ...

OR ...

make plain, in writing, the obvious for the amusement of some internet dopes and put the care and comfort of the things from the first option in jeopardy ... I wonder which option is best for me?

Are you people that needy? Is this a board that so quickly turns into a bunch of kvetching wash-women when they don't get that 2.5 second endorphin rush of faux validation from someone telling you what you want to hear that you already basically know?

Ye gods.

You know the answer to this question.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:05 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Is it disingenuous on his part, or idiotic on the part of certain posters whose questions are merely designed to stir up shit and cause a potential rift for someone professionally?

As the greatest sports mind in Chicago Media History would say “Cmon Sparkles, you’re better than that!”

Asking your opinion of other hosts is taboo shit stirring? On the show they had no problem calling Jurko lazy or DeFalco boring. They take shots at Bernstein. And making fun of Les is an hour of programing everyday. But there is one person who even mentioning at all causes a professional rift?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Crick has elected himself the message board arbiter. please DM all thoughts to him for approval prior to posting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Gossip and taking shots at other hosts was a part of what made the early Score interesting.

Remember when is the lowest form of conversation. If you want my old shit, buy my old albums.

It's not remember when. It was an environment that went away.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:08 am 

Crick has elected himself the message board arbiter. please DM all thoughts to him for approval prior to posting.

This guy gets it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

Crick Ramp wrote:

Remember when you were smart and insightful?

Me neither.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
badrogue17 wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Then it’s pretty fucking stupid ( or disingenuous ) to come here and say “ Hey guys , ask me questions, just not those questions !!”
The nice thing is you now know that you can skip reading this thread. You'll find it's quite easy to do. You can then use the free time gained to seek out other avenues to satiate your unending need for affirmation on how awful JD is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Already on it !!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Julie still moving meters despite not working for The Score. Julie wins again!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Don Tiny wrote:
RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:
Hi Danny, thanks for coming by.

Unless I missed it, if I can put my Beardown hat on, I haven't seen you answer any DiCaro-related questions as of yet.

Has there been a memo at the station not to talk about her in any way? Was it like walking on egg-shells with her being around and all of her faux-feminism?

I appreciated your honesty during a "Can't Do It" segment a few years back when someone asked why you brought in Siera Santos(?) to guest host with you instead of DiCaro and you simply said something the the effect of "I brought in who I like" and left it at that.

It is pretty clear he is not going to answer any questions of this nature. Really sad. If you are going to come here and initiate a question/answer thread then you should address the questions that you get. I know he is not going to go scorched earth, but you can at least give something to the people who listen to your shows.

Only a fool would think there is going to be any real response to a question of that nature.

hurr durr, let's see ... wife, child, home, job ...

OR ...

make plain, in writing, the obvious for the amusement of some internet dopes and put the care and comfort of the things from the first option in jeopardy ... I wonder which option is best for me?

Are you people that needy? Is this a board that so quickly turns into a bunch of kvetching wash-women when they don't get that 2.5 second endorphin rush of faux validation from someone telling you what you want to hear that you already basically know?

Ye gods.

:cheers:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Nunzio’s
Antarctica wrote:
I too wish someone from the station would repudiate DiCaro-ism.

I mean it should not be that difficult. She loathed her colleagues:

And her audience:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/JulieDiCaro/status/1164727189453058048

Who is that in reference to?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod’s
- Let’s go Vitscotti, don’t hold back. You’ve never posted one positive thing about me and now I’m here and you cower away anonymously? Let’s hear any valid, constructive criticisms you got and see if you can avoid lowest common denominator name calling bullshit. I’m dubious.

- As for commenting on my coworkers, we talk on the show how there’s a list of people who can take it and those who can’t. Not an actual written down list or a mandated list but in my head I know who can and can’t and I’ve figured that out through trial and error. I wish it wasn’t that way, but it is. Some of that is on them, some of that is on the culture of the station the last 10+ years. It’s a huge criticism of mine and a valid one of yours. Many people in my profession can criticize athletes and coaches but can’t take it themselves. So we joke and play malaprops and have fun with the people who can take it. The people who can’t shouldn’t be off limits but are... I don’t make the rules but I do abide by them.

- As for the idea of bits... I love them. I’ve done more in the 3 years I’ve been at The Score than the other shows combined. Can’t Do It, Pick a Player, Bears Voicemails, Score Stories, Celebrity football picks, Mock the Mold (gave out masks before Cubs/Nats when Dusty complained of mold), $3.5 million t shirt given to Jordan Bell, sign at Sox game saying Chicago Wants Machado in Cubs colors. Some have pissed off teams and cost us the chance of ever getting Rick Hahn on the air. Some have pissed off the Bulls. Some have pissed off teammates. Some ran their course. Some died when the new show started because those show mates (hosts/producers) weren’t on board. I’ll do them as long as I’m in radio but some shows will have more than others because in order for them to work you have to have the whole show on board. That’s not a criticism btw of my current show, it’s just a reality. And btw as many people who like those bits there’s an equal number who hate and complain about them. You realize when you’ve done this as long as I have you’ll never please everyone and every show, boss, timeslot, producer, cohost is different and as the straw that stirs the drink on the show I look at myself as a point guard who has to put people in position to be successful to make each show work to the best of its abilities.

- As for remotes, we want to do more. We try to do more. Beer companies have changed their marketing approach so it’s tougher. I know for a fact we were literally just about to do a bunch more with the opening of the rivers casino sports book account. It’s something Mac and I both believe in. We do a lot of shows from Gallagher Way before Cubs games. There’s no question there should be more opportunities but there are still some, we’d love to see ya there.

I hope you guys enjoyed Bill Walton yesterday, he was incredible. Keep the questions coming, sorry my responses aren’t and never will be enough for some.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FrankDrebin wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Nas wrote:
Parkins, thanks for stopping by! I don't have a problem with you talking about your son. I'll probably never call the show but I text enough. My biggest gripe is the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hate. Also, you occasionally dominate the mic too much. It's gotten better and you and Mac appear to have good chemistry.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep being you Nas...next J-Hood appearance?

Has to be before the football season starts

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Nas wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Nas wrote:
Parkins, thanks for stopping by! I don't have a problem with you talking about your son. I'll probably never call the show but I text enough. My biggest gripe is the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky hate. Also, you occasionally dominate the mic too much. It's gotten better and you and Mac appear to have good chemistry.

Has to be before the football season started.

I’m sorry Nas...

There won’t be any football.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jbi11s wrote:
Nas wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Nas wrote:

Has to be before the football season started.

I’m sorry Nas...

There won’t be any football.

Then Nas will be no more

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next