It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who is Shane?
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Turned in late in the day and Shane is not there today. Has anything been said about things? Maybe a suspension?

Guessing a suspension is all, no chance firing him. What he said was weird(he obviously probably didn't know the guys mom was dead), again have no idea why he went there. As I said, I have never heard of Proft before then, but do remember the Amy Jacobson thing with the pool.

I did listen to the podcast this weekend and why he felt the need to threaten her to not show her face seemed extreme.

Funny, when I made this post I didnt know who Shane was, but on social media and some I have listened to, seems like a pretty good kid(I think he is only 30 or so).

I hate all this firing over stupid stuff and hope the score didnt and dont think they would. Guy is probably making 70K a year and needs every penny.

Again would guess a 1 or 2 day suspension at most. At least would hope.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Does Shane mention a wife or girlfriend. I could only imagine what she would look like. He could be the ugliest guy in the Score's history which is no easy feat with the current group.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nobody beats Shane's meat. I guess thats a bummer for Shane.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
vitoscotti wrote:
Does Shane mention a wife or girlfriend. I could only imagine what she would look like. He could be the ugliest guy in the Score's history which is no easy feat with the current group.

Good point…as always.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
vitoscotti wrote:
Does Shane mention a wife or girlfriend. I could only imagine what she would look like. He could be the ugliest guy in the Score's history

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 8:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Goddamn that grill yo. I forgot how bad that grill was.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 10:40 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Shane looks like a youtuber who calls himself "The Whiskey Motherf*cker"

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Shane looks like a youtuber who calls himself "The Whiskey Motherf*cker"

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:20 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm glad I quit listening to sports radio.

Didn't used to be about boning somebody's Mom. Used to be I'd listen all the time and then I'd bone somebody's Mom. But it was my kids Mom.

And nobody felt good about that either. I mean...I did..but I'm not sure if anybody else did.

You weren't listening to Stern when he said he'd f the skull of Mancow's dead dad?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:26 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I have many thoughts on this show after spending my time at home with my newborn daughter to start the year. First word that comes to mind is trash. Shane has a lot to do with that. Parkins and Spiegel aren't leaders. They're followers always searching for acceptance. They, along with Mitch Rosen, enable Shane to act like he can do whatever he wants. In some ways, as much as I dislike Shane, you could argue the other three people should be held as accountable as Shane for what happened on air last week.

I'm pretty sure I would write 2,000 words on how much this show sucks and the funny thing is on paper, it shouldn't.

2,000 words? I didn't even read the above.

Welcome back

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:28 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

There's a lot of different ways that look could go.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:30 am 

cookie23 wrote:
[ Guy is probably making 70K a year and needs every penny..

more likely, half of that

I would think Parkins follows the Mac lead and gives his producers a taste of his show bonus.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 8:32 am 

also, Bernstein isn't left wing. He may imitate a few left talking points but ultimately he is as corporatist as the most rock ribbed righty.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
also, Bernstein isn't left wing. He may imitate a few left talking points but ultimately he is as corporatist as the most rock ribbed righty.

He is extremely far left. He doesn't hide it and lets his audience know pretty much every segment these days.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He is extremely far left. He doesn't hide it and lets his audience know pretty much every segment these days.

I am with Dolphin. He says all the things he feels he should in order to thrive. In his family and his pocketbook, nest egg portfolio he is pretty conservative I would imagine. I guess that is what you call a limousine liberal?

His requirements for his wife and the schooling and college of his kids give him away.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

McDude wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
Wow, I didn't know who Shane was.....I don't think a lot of people did, but they do now.

With twitter, I saw this and have time on my hands, so here goes my thoughts

Some guy on Colin Cowherd Show asked him to name 3 cities he would want to live in and one of those was Chicago(which is kinda weird, first time I heard a relevant person say that, usually costal cities). That said the other guy said some thing to affect, "Chicago, its a war zone, Afghanistan, etc."

So for whatever reason Shane was upset someone "dissed" his city, which is so weird how butthurt and second city complex people are in the city and burbs in Chicago. That said, he linked the clip on twitter and said take my city out of f-ing mouth, etc, some thing like that.

Personally I love the city in fall, spring, and summer, a big Chicago fan, some people are not, who cares.

So Dan Proft(who I just heard of) with the former local NBC Amy who got in trouble with the pool thing with some killer trying to get a story, I guess spoke on it on their show.

Then a twitter beef erupted(which is how I found out).

A few things can be true
Dan Proft sounds like an idiot and horrible at politics. Typical far right wing guy, blowhard, etc.
I would assume the Score will suspend a producer who says he wants to bang a guys dead mom.
Also Spiegal and Parkins were laughing like a bunch of barstool dudes.

I cannot stand hypocrites more than anything. The station personalities are mostly far left guys. Spiegs might be the worst. Yes, Bernstein is a crazy far left twitter retweeter, follower of all things, etc, but Spiegs tries to always claim he is "above all the bad stuff" or "good karma guy," yet dude is always instigating, on his __ marriage, guy is a mess, no moral compass.

His self righteousness is the worst. Parkins is the youngest and most mature. He admits he is bleeding heart liberal and rarely talks or tweets politics.

IMO, probably nothing will happen and hypocrites will be hypocrites, but imo Shane should be suspended and have to offer a forced apology about wanting to bang a dudes dead mom.

We live in cancel culture, looks at the Barstool idiot who was reading a rap lyric to a song and got canned.

A suspension would be light. Proft sounds like an idiot and go all out, but why would you utter that and I dont get why it was so funny? Esp since the score is "smart radio"

Barstool is the frat house and the score has always been revenge of the nerds.

Just all weird, but entertaining.

You're definitely right about Spiegel being a bigger offender of leftist ideology than Bernstein. Spiegs still believe covid came from a bat and Fauci is the GOAT of covid.

What is so irritating about everyone at 670 is they're all objective when it comes to sports. They all have their own opinions and can most of the time discuss it civilly. But when it comes to politics it's one narrative, all lockstep with the same leftist talking points. Any deviation from these talking points and you're met with fire and brimstone (and members of). It's all very bizarre too me. Like they have this program in them that can't be challenged and if it is they'll blow up. They're not much different from MAGA crowd. In fact I think they're worse.

Almost everything I have heard Bernstein or Holmes say is factually wrong and almost all of it very, very far left. It's a complete echo chamber and they have no shame or filter on what they say - they don't seem to realize how far left they are and they think their opinions are fact with no regard that any sane people would disagree with their opinions. It's also sad that we even know their political/social positions, but they insist of sharing them regularly now.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I am with Dolphin. He says all the things he feels he should in order to thrive. In his family and his pocketbook, nest egg portfolio he is pretty conservative I would imagine. I guess that is what you call a limousine liberal?

His requirements for his wife and the schooling and college of his kids give him away.

Correct. He is not left wing. He’s also a closet racist. Things he has said before cancel culture made the world changed public figures prove it. He fools Larry and Goff. Which is funny. Doesn’t fool me pitmike or good dolphin.

Last edited by Beardown on Tue May 16, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
my initial thought is that Bernstein is the type to just cut a check to a charity rather than do anything more impactful like volunteering, but I dont think i can really even believe that.

"What. Is. Their. Mission. Statement?"

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know how he could possibly believe any of the things he says, but he makes statements everyday that would make the far left even be uncomfortable and accuses anyone who doesn't agree with him of being a horrible person.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:40 am 

BD wrote:
pittmike wrote:
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know how he could possibly believe any of the things he says, but he makes statements everyday that would make the far left even be uncomfortable and accuses anyone who doesn't agree with him of being a horrible person.

Thank you for listening.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:
also, Bernstein isn't left wing.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: not Pequod's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Good point…as always.

from the 2020 interview:

Speaking of reality TV, I forgot, are you a Bachelor fan?

I had a podcast with a guy who was on a season of either Bachelor in Paradise, or the Bachelorette, I can’t remember. I watched a couple seasons, but I like Bachelor in Paradise.

OK, so I had never really given it a shot, but I got into in with the last season of Bachelor in Paradise, and I ended up watching this last season of The Bachelor with my girlfriend and roommate, and it seemed like, from what I had heard from longtime Bachelor fans, that this was a terrible season.

Oh, it was horrible.

Yeah,, I mean for the first few episodes it was fun, but by the last couple, it just became dreadful. I enjoyed some of the drama and whatnot, but I feel like that had to have been bad even for longtime fans.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:50 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:

Didn't used to be about boning somebody's Mom. Used to be I'd listen all the time and then I'd bone somebody's Mom. But it was my kids Mom.

And nobody felt good about that either. I mean...I did..but I'm not sure if anybody else did.

You weren't listening to Stern when he said he'd f the skull of Mancow's dead dad?

Did he offer to donate any money raised for the event to the local pet charity?

But, no, I didn't. I'm guessing that was back in the '90s when they were both relevant. I didn't listen to Stern until Sirius. I haven't listened to him in 10 years either.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:59 am 

good dolphin wrote:

But, no, I didn't. I'm guessing that was back in the '90s when they were both relevant. I didn't listen to Stern until Sirius. I haven't listened to him in 10 years either.

and here I thought you were a listener of the old loop lineup of Brandmeier, Stern, Dahl, matthews and Ed Tyll/Eddie Schwartz

you missed the best stern years. I haven't listened regularly since terrestrial as I've never had Sirius in a car I primarily drive.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:22 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

and here I thought you were a listener of the old loop lineup of Brandmeier, Stern, Dahl, matthews and Ed Tyll/Eddie Schwartz

you missed the best stern years. I haven't listened regularly since terrestrial as I've never had Sirius in a car I primarily drive.

I listened to all those guys religiously. I just didn't listen to Stern because Dahl had been telling me for over a decade that Stern ripped off his whole act.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I never got the Howard Stern attraction.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: What??
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I never got the Howard Stern attraction.

Felt the same way but the fucker grew on me.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
my initial thought is that Bernstein is the type to just cut a check to a charity rather than do anything more impactful like volunteering, but I dont think i can really even believe that.
:scratch: There's a lot of reasons to dislike Bernstein but I don't think this is one of them.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Correct. He is not left wing. He’s also a closet racist. Things he has said before cancel culture made the world changed public figures prove it. He fools Larry and Goff. Which is funny. Doesn’t fool me pitmike or good dolphin.

He's left of center. I'd be surprised if he voted for a Republican anytime this century.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
Beardown wrote:
pittmike wrote:
BD wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

He's left of center. I'd be surprised if he voted for a Republican anytime this century.

Left of center implies that he's some sort of moderate. He is far, far left.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next