It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let’s Talk...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I know we all think Big Red, but wasn't it George Offman that cried about the "drops"?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
I know we all think Big Red, but wasn't it George Offman that cried about the "drops"?

Well shit, Offmans drops were 75% of them.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
No shit. Has any radio person ever come on here and gone scorched earth?

All I'll say is this Matt and drop it as Parkins sort of addressed it already. 2 weeks ago one of the more openly and overtly antagonistic people to both her coworkers and listening demographic was relieved of her duties. She is no longer a co-worker of anyone there. Mike Murphy, Mike North and others have been talked about in negative terms after theyve left the station by on air staff. Do I expect Parkins to come here and say " Im glad that fucking b1itch is gone, she was terrible at her job, no one here liked here , etc " ? Not in the least. ( anymore than I expect Len Kasper to come here and criticize Theo , Jed or anything the Cubs do , which much like Parkins, Len explained he wouldnt be doing when he first signed on here ) There are definitely ways to convey how you feel without going scorched earth ( and choosing the OMG WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE !! route isnt it , especially when Parkins went scorched earth on a different sports personality and the same thing can be said about him) but to open yourself up to questions here in the wake of mass layoff of people when there's history of Score people going after other Score people, and this particular Score person has openly admitted to wanting this very place doxxed, its not out of the realm of reason that he's going to be asked questions about her . Its not a matter of needing Parkins validation its more a matter of his acting like questions about her are somehow out of line or unexpected.

Leeeeet it goooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Well shit, Offmans drops were 75% of them.

Wasn't the entire B&B opening montage comprised of his drops? I thought they had him on during one of the anniversary shows and they were having a laugh about it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

All I'll say is this Matt and drop it as Parkins sort of addressed it already. 2 weeks ago one of the more openly and overtly antagonistic people to both her coworkers and listening demographic was relieved of her duties. She is no longer a co-worker of anyone there. Mike Murphy, Mike North and others have been talked about in negative terms after theyve left the station by on air staff. Do I expect Parkins to come here and say " Im glad that fucking b1itch is gone, she was terrible at her job, no one here liked here , etc " ? Not in the least. ( anymore than I expect Len Kasper to come here and criticize Theo , Jed or anything the Cubs do , which much like Parkins, Len explained he wouldnt be doing when he first signed on here ) There are definitely ways to convey how you feel without going scorched earth ( and choosing the OMG WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE !! route isnt it , especially when Parkins went scorched earth on a different sports personality and the same thing can be said about him) but to open yourself up to questions here in the wake of mass layoff of people when there's history of Score people going after other Score people, and this particular Score person has openly admitted to wanting this very place doxxed, its not out of the realm of reason that he's going to be asked questions about her . Its not a matter of needing Parkins validation its more a matter of his acting like questions about her are somehow out of line or unexpected.

Well said.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Crick Ramp wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Leeeeet it goooooooooo

How about you just go? Rogue is the leader of the JDC Twitter patrol. It has provided us with hundreds of pages of entertainment.

If WSCR and other sports radio programs were more interesting, we wouldn’t need to waste so much time on these ancillary matters.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:27 pm 

I aint gonna fuck you bro !!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati’s
badrogue17 wrote:
I aint gonna fuck you bro !!

BRogue is Keyana? BREAKING NEWS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:40 pm 

Agree with most of you, the Walton interview wasn't the greatest. The rambling got old quick. The Maui shit at the end was ridiculous and not funny.

Danny, please tell us why you think Nick Wright is great. Most of the country is missing this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod’s
Re Nick Wright...

He's one of my best friends in the world. He was a groomsman in my wedding. I've known him since my Sophomore year of college. He's both brilliant and kind hearted. His family is amazing. Both his parents went to Harvard, his sister is a top lawyer at a top firm in NYC, he aced his standardized tests but has a passion for sports broadcasting so set out to rise to the top of his profession if he was going to play in the candy store instead of apply his intellect to more important matters. He wakes up at 3:30 every morning to do a 3 hour TV show and then goes home, naps, helps his daughters with their homework, then hosts a 2 hour national radio show and is one of the few commentators on that level who actually stay up and watches all the games and doesnt just give you platitudes and rely on producer recaps the next day. He's insanely well sourced. He's analytical so his arguments are always based in statistical backing.

He's philanthropic. He's socially conscious. He speaks from an educated place on social issues that matter. His wife and children are like my family. Other than his nose and goofy new TV hairstyle you won't get me to say a bad word about that man, he's my brother.

Re Walton... He's a crazy person and I loved it. I've also wanted to interview him for years. His answer on destigmatizing weed by saying he doesnt endorse anything you can't have for breakfast and do all day absolutely cracked me up. The reaction we got from that interview was tremendous. Again, different strokes for different folks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Can we can less (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky bashing and try holding Nagy accountable? It really seems like forced groupthink.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod’s
Also Maui Jim Beach Boy is the running gag between Walton and Benneti. Every game they've done since the Maui Invitational Walton has made a joke about not knowing Jason's name. This was a viral thing on social media during that tournament and was addressed again multiple times when he did the Sox game with Jason. If you were unaware of that I could imagine being quite confused but yes, he knows who Jason is, it's a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Parkins1 wrote:
He's one of my best friends in the world. He was a groomsman in my wedding. I've known him since my Sophomore year of college. He's both brilliant and kind hearted. His family is amazing. Both his parents went to Harvard, his sister is a top lawyer at a top firm in NYC, he aced his standardized tests but has a passion for sports broadcasting so set out to rise to the top of his profession if he was going to play in the candy store instead of apply his intellect to more important matters. He wakes up at 3:30 every morning to do a 3 hour TV show and then goes home, naps, helps his daughters with their homework, then hosts a 2 hour national radio show and is one of the few commentators on that level who actually stay up and watches all the games and doesnt just give you platitudes and rely on producer recaps the next day. He's insanely well sourced. He's analytical so his arguments are always based in statistical backing.

If there's one thing media people are good at its talking themselves up. Never has "raising a family on two jobs" been recounted so dramatically and breathlessly. What you describe is reality for tens of millions of people in the USA alone.

Got nothing against Nick Wright though, even I think analytics are dumb and do more to ruin than help sports.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Parkins was a huge (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Nas wrote:
Can we can less (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky bashing and try holding Nagy accountable? It really seems like forced groupthink.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

I hope Uncle Jerry wasn't serious because the Walton broadcast was the most entertaining game I recall watching in years.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:56 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Nas wrote:

Im no longer in the business of being on the (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky Defense Force, but its no less ridiculous to defend Nagy than Mitch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:

He's caved to the pressure. When Spiegs covered for him a couple of weeks ago, I've never heard 2 people rip (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky more. All because of Nick Foles. I sent a lot of angry texts that day.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
The biggest problem with socially conscious woke sports radio is that it takes the same dug in position that they do as to who should be hitting clean-up for the Cubs. Zero nuance and no room for a conversation. It's 'end of discussion' radio.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:58 pm 

Super Bowl MVP vs. having a few good quarters against the Lions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

Antarctica wrote:
Super Bowl MVP vs. having a few good quarters against the Lions.

Foles has been worst than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in every way for the majority of his career.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

He's caved to the pressure. When Spiegs covered for him a couple of weeks ago, I've never heard 2 people rip (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky more. All because of Nick Foles. I sent a lot of angry texts that day.

I don't see him doing that. I think he just realized Mitch isn't who he thought he was. You'll get there, Nas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I missed the Walton & Benetti game, but I'm not really a Walton fan outside of Basketball announcing.

Bill Walton's answer about pot was funny.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Foles has been worst than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky in every way for the majority of his career.
Foles is better at winning playoff games.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
August Schell wrote:
The biggest problem with socially conscious woke sports radio is that it takes the same dug in position that they do as to who should be hitting clean-up for the Cubs. Zero nuance and no room for a conversation. It's 'end of discussion' radio.

Yup, when you scroll through the podcast options there may be one segment per day from all the shows that is actually podcast worthy, the rest is hosts, producers, and guests repeating the exact same takes all day long. Moon was the only guy last pre season that was bringing up concerns about the lack of success/reps for Mitch, all the rest just blindly agreed with Nagy's strategy. Hub still squashes any callers/guests that try to blame Bears ownership.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:38 pm 

Parkins1 wrote:
Re Nick Wright...

He's philanthropic. He's socially conscious. He speaks from an educated place on social issues that matter. His wife and children are like my family. Other than his nose and goofy new TV hairstyle you won't get me to say a bad word about that man, he's my brother.

Re Walton... He's a crazy person and I loved it. I've also wanted to interview him for years. His answer on destigmatizing weed by saying he doesnt endorse anything you can't have for breakfast and do all day absolutely cracked me up. The reaction we got from that interview was tremendous. Again, different strokes for different folks.

Well, that wasn't the question about Wright. Didn't ask you to blow him. Could give a shit about where his parents went to school and shit. I already knew he was an entitled asswipe.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Peoria Matt wrote:
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I don't see him doing that. I think he just realized Mitch isn't who he thought he was. You'll get there, Nas.
Exactly. I used to regularly rip Parkins via text for his constant defense of Mitch. At some point last season he clearly saw the light. Foles wasn’t even on the radar at that time.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Hey Parkins, I see you have given up on debating Clay Travis via Twitter...Is this because you know he will run circles around your ass?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Hey Parkins, I see you have given up on debating Clay Travis via Twitter...Is this because you know he will run circles around your ass?

He probably listened to Travis destroy Peter King today and made the sensible choice to stay away .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He probably listened to Travis destroy Peter King today and made the sensible choice to stay away .

Nah, he's too busy changing diapers and feeding the infant aka creating show content to bother with Twitter wars.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next