It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let’s Talk...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
Hey Parkins, I see you have given up on debating Clay Travis via Twitter...Is this because you know he will run circles around your ass?

He probably listened to Travis destroy Peter King today and made the sensible choice to stay away .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Hey Parkins, I see you have given up on debating Clay Travis via Twitter...Is this because you know he will run circles around your ass?

He probably listened to Travis destroy Peter King today and made the sensible choice to stay away .

Nah, he's too busy changing diapers and feeding the infant aka creating show content to bother with Twitter wars.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
August Schell wrote:
The biggest problem with socially conscious sports.

Aka....people you don’t agree with.

Great story. Compelling. And rich.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
For the Score's final swan song event before it closes up have a horse basketball event like ESPN's for pro players. Have Parkins and Speigel battle in a game of horse before the plug is pulled.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
vitoscotti wrote:
For the Score's final swan song event before it closes up have a horse basketball event like ESPN's for pro players. Have Parkins and Speigel battle in a game of horse before the plug is pulled.

Probably take all day

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Nardi wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Probably take all day

No dunking rule strictly enforced.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:21 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Nardi wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Probably take all day

No dunking rule strictly enforced.

Gotta call banks. Just can't luck into them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Nardi wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Probably take all day

I doubt it.

Spiegel will become LeBron James for a night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 pm 

I started the thread of the Parkins/Travis thing on twitter. As I said i dont follow Travis(follow Parkins), but started following Travis just to see if he is Barstool Part 2.

He had Peter King on and I listened to it. Travis voice and inflection sound like.....Parkins. They sound very similar. Obviously both on two different sides of the political aisle, but the way he cam across was very Danny esque.

Would you get Travis, Portnoy, ec. on the show Danny for charity? I know the score is a left leaning station, but it would be great radio. I am a liberal as well and think you do a great job with politics on show when it is needed and you dont go overboard like others(see cartoon character Bernstein, Julie) they are insufferable even to liberals.

I enjoy the show Parkins, wish you were a little older for I think you would have really appeciated Stern in the 80s, before Hollywood Howie happened. The guy is probably the best interviewer(even today), but man, to me he is the MJ, Lebron, whatever of radio during that decade.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Parkins1 wrote:
I never said Bernsteins approach to callers in the old B&B days didn't contribute to turning off callers. I agree, I wouldn't like being talked down to constantly. It was Mac who coined PTFB if you don't like something. Just that it's not the primary reason. I listen to sports radio all over the country and have friends who host in many cities. With the exception of a few Northeast markets, calls are WAY down as the medium has evolved beyond it. But again, I think it's just a product of the person who is able to hold for that long. You say why make them wait? It's not a punishment but trust me you don't want us just putting someone on as soon as they call and just having the show meander to each callers whims.

Also, I find this interesting... You guys often criticize us for veering off the sports page. Don't talk about Kaepernick. Don't talk about being a dad. Don't talk about music. Don't talk about movies. Don't talk about Penn State. Don't talk about ______. Yet when I look at this sports talk radio message board you talk about way more things than sports talk radio. In fact. during 2016, the Kaepernick thread was among the hottest on the board. Right now there are multiple coronavirus topics as "active" on the front page.

We have 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. What we're talking about every minute of every show is not going to be for every person. I had a boss once who said "talk about what people are talking about, your topics should be a reflection of your audience." It was pretty good advice. Right now a lot of people are talking about CoronaVirus, we're real people, sometimes we're going to talk about Coronavirus. I think that type of "real radio" is what differentiates the Score from some radio that just goes to a list or all-time generic sports debate.

But again, you can't be all things to all people and no one will ever be pleased by every programming decision we make every day. But one thing I think we've done a good job of on this show is we always keep it moving. We don't do 4 hours on one topic hardly ever so it's a pretty safe bet if you punch in and whatever we're talking about doesn't relate to you that if you hang with us or come back we'll be talking about something that does sooner than later.

Hey Danny, cmonnnnnn man. No one is complaining when you guys talk music or movies. That's actually refreshing every once in a while. The problem has always been you guys have no diversity at your station when it comes to politics. Half of your audience doesn't want a lecture on the cruelties of being a black man in modern society from a hedge fund baby.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:07 am 

Yeah it’s amazing that no on air staff, producers , etc seem pro-Trump. Plenty of criticisms of him from that group though . I wonder why they might be afraid to speak up if they do support the President .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod’s
Chicago hasn’t elected a Republican Mayor since 1927. Cook County voted 74% democrat in 2016. Statewide in 2018 all 6 top elected officials statewide were won by Democrat.

This is a blue state. I don’t know how all people lean politically at the station but yes I agree the majority of us lean left - which is representative of our audience.

Not that I think BadRogue is engaging in this conversation in good faith but there are some facts for you.

Mark Cuban joins the show at 4pm today shortly after he gets off a call with POTUS. Should be fascinating. Hope you tune in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Parkins1 wrote:
Chicago hasn’t elected a Republican Mayor since 1927. Cook County voted 74% democrat in 2016. Statewide in 2018 all 6 top elected officials statewide were won by Democrat.

This is a blue state. I don’t know how all people lean politically at the station but yes I agree the majority of us lean left - which is representative of our audience.

Not that I think BadRogue is engaging in this conversation in good faith but there are some facts for you.

Mark Cuban joins the show at 4pm today shortly after he gets off a call with POTUS. Should be fascinating. Hope you tune in.

If this is the case, could you guys start covering being in debt?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:41 am 

Parkins1 wrote:

By your numbers that would still mean 1 in 4 or so are Republican . I’ve never heard one (1) person on air or in a producer capacity ever say / tweet anything pro-Trump, take a conservative stance . I’m sure that’s just coincidental .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
blackhawksfan wrote:
Parkins1 wrote:
I never said Bernsteins approach to callers in the old B&B days didn't contribute to turning off callers. I agree, I wouldn't like being talked down to constantly. It was Mac who coined PTFB if you don't like something. Just that it's not the primary reason. I listen to sports radio all over the country and have friends who host in many cities. With the exception of a few Northeast markets, calls are WAY down as the medium has evolved beyond it. But again, I think it's just a product of the person who is able to hold for that long. You say why make them wait? It's not a punishment but trust me you don't want us just putting someone on as soon as they call and just having the show meander to each callers whims.

Also, I find this interesting... You guys often criticize us for veering off the sports page. Don't talk about Kaepernick. Don't talk about being a dad. Don't talk about music. Don't talk about movies. Don't talk about Penn State. Don't talk about ______. Yet when I look at this sports talk radio message board you talk about way more things than sports talk radio. In fact. during 2016, the Kaepernick thread was among the hottest on the board. Right now there are multiple coronavirus topics as "active" on the front page.

We have 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. What we're talking about every minute of every show is not going to be for every person. I had a boss once who said "talk about what people are talking about, your topics should be a reflection of your audience." It was pretty good advice. Right now a lot of people are talking about CoronaVirus, we're real people, sometimes we're going to talk about Coronavirus. I think that type of "real radio" is what differentiates the Score from some radio that just goes to a list or all-time generic sports debate.

But again, you can't be all things to all people and no one will ever be pleased by every programming decision we make every day. But one thing I think we've done a good job of on this show is we always keep it moving. We don't do 4 hours on one topic hardly ever so it's a pretty safe bet if you punch in and whatever we're talking about doesn't relate to you that if you hang with us or come back we'll be talking about something that does sooner than later.

Hey Danny, cmonnnnnn man. No one is complaining when you guys talk music or movies. That's actually refreshing every once in a while. The problem has always been you guys have no diversity at your station when it comes to politics. Half of your audience doesn't want a lecture on the cruelties of being a black man in modern society from a hedge fund baby.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:50 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah it’s amazing that no on air staff, producers , etc seem pro-Trump. Plenty of criticisms of him from that group though . I wonder why they might be afraid to speak up if they do support the President .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Parkins1 wrote:

By your numbers that would still mean 1 in 4 or so are Republican . I’ve never heard one (1) person on air or in a producer capacity ever say / tweet anything pro-Trump, take a conservative stance . I’m sure that’s just coincidental .

They're located in Chicago...know your audience...

Clay Travis is in hillbilly country and plays his bit to cater to his.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:59 am 

Maybe someone at the score should get a timeslot specially catered to the rubes in the 815. That would be some great appointment radio there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Maybe someone at the score should get a timeslot specially catered to the rubes in the 815. That would be some great appointment radio there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. Dustin Roads

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:22 am 

If you listen to him closely, Bernstein is not really liberal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:

Never has been. He's done a 180 on many things to protect his paycheck.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Never has been. He's done a 180 on many things to protect his paycheck.

It's a bit for most of the media types, where they live, where they worship, and most tellingly, where they send their kids to school reveals the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
badrogue17 wrote:

I am not surprised by this at all. They are dominantly college-educated, urban, and either have a journalism degree or at least consider themselves journalists. Mac fits some of Trump's demographic but not all.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Most liberals are only liberal when it concerns others and does not impact their lives directly.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I feel like most of the old Score guys were either Republican light or conservative. North, Jiggets, Terry Boers, Mike Murphy, and Les.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
conns7901 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Most liberals are only liberal when it concerns others and does not impact their lives directly.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.- John Kenneth Galbraith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Parkins1 wrote:

And that is why the city, county and state are DEAD BROKE.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Aren’t MANY Chicagoans Democrats in name only?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:25 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.- John Kenneth Galbraith

No, that's libertarians. Conservatives are progressives that go well under the speed limit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
nobody fucking wants to hear about politics either way. if you know which party a guy votes, half the people are going to hate him automatically. stupid business model for a sports talker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next