It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It bothers me how we knock down successful people- white privilege, rich family, affirmative action, got lucky or whatever excuse is used.

A guy hosting afternoon drive in a major city is a real accomplishment. You don’t have to like him or agree with his thoughts, but that doesn’t happen without major effort and talent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
denisdman wrote:
You think Parkins is dumb? Syracuse is a good school is it not?

Firing Eberflus to retain Getsy is a good example of something a dumb person would think. The inability to assemble IKEA furniture without the help of one's producers is also a symptom of being dumb.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
It bothers me how we knock down successful people- white privilege, rich family, affirmative action, got lucky or whatever excuse is used.

A guy hosting afternoon drive in a major city is a real accomplishment. You don’t have to like him or agree with his thoughts, but that doesn’t happen without major effort and talent.

You were born on third base pal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 pm 

denisdman wrote:

This isn't completely false but it's not like parkins had any real competition. Who else was going to take the midday show with spiegel? The star studded lineup of score interns/producers?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No…and I have told my back story before.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins always has had a lack of sports knowledge. But his recent bizarre sports takes
seems like he's mocking listeners spewing nonsense at them. I see more tangles with Dan Wiederer coming who doesn't want his journalistic integrity soiled talking to two sports jamokes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:39 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

No…and I have told my back story before.

Joking my pal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:

I’m so sorry that happened to him.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:42 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins always has had a lack of sports knowledge. But his recent bizarre sports takes
seems like he's mocking listeners spewing nonsense at them. I see more tangles with Dan Wiederer coming who doesn't want his journalistic integrity soiled talking to two sports jamokes.

You didnt answer the original question. What are the family connections that you claimed?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:44 pm 

I didn't know parkins brought it up to both boomer and wiederer. I would try to listen to that but the audacy app AND website are completely unusable. Its either an intentionally bad idea stretched too thin, or a genuinely held belief by a guy who can't be bothered to shovel his own driveway and needs the elderly neighbor to do it for him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:34 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
RFDC wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins is a prototypical update guy who wiggled his way into being a host with all his family's connections. He'd be an odd fit at espn 1000 with his lack of sports knowledge if the Score plug gets pulled.

what connections does his family have?

Yeah, that's not a valid criticism. You can disagree with his thoughts and not like him as a host, but he worked hard to get where he is.

It's a lot easier to push ahead and climb that jagged peak knowing that if you fall you'll be just fine. Having rich parents has gifted many dumb people the opportunity to succeed.

Sure, a safety net helps. But he did work hard to get where he is. It's not like the job was given to him. He had to audition like everyone else. The competition being weak isn't his fault.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:

Den, you are a voice of reason on many fronts. Don’t let them drag you into their nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:05 am 

Parkins was handpicked to host the next Marquee "The Reporters" after the censoring controversy for his debating and weasel talk skills. I can't believe many wanted that assignment. Highly respected regular host
Bob Sirott was conspicuously absent. Messes and damage control are Parkins' modus operandi to create content. How can one guy be knee-deep in most every Chicago sports media misstep the last few years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:48 am 

denisdman wrote:

but, but, but...he got into Syracuse, along with 69% of all the other applicants

Hosting afternoon drive in the third largest market, and arguably the second largest sports radio market, is an accomplishment. No one is giving that away.

It's like, "OMG Elon's dad had money so him being accomplished academically, an innovator and the wealthiest man in the world means nothing."

The backup wealth only helped him in that he was able to work low/no pay at the beginning for experience, and that does mean something. However, he was hosting drive time in KC in his 20s and Chicago by his early 30s. That's a meteoric rise.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
veganfan21 wrote:
It's an astoundingly dumb thought. Fields has four good games. Not enough data on which to crown Getsy as the next genius of the day. Plus as we can see with McDaniel and Hackett not every seemingly bright offensive coordinator is ready for a promotion to the top job. If Fields is who Parkins wants to think he is then at some point it won't matter who the OC is, just like it doesn't matter who the OC is for Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, etc. You'll need a top executive at HC to bring all three phases of the game together and get the locker room on the same page. Parkins is a little bit like JBills in that it takes very little for him to fall in love with something or someone.

Do you pay attention to the NFL? Ever heard of Sean McVay, Matt Lafleur, Brian Daboll, Mike McDaniel, or Kyle Shanahan? Maybe your watching Uncle Terry's imaginary TV. Nobody knows how good a guy is gonna be as a HC, but it's just plain silly to not understand that young OC's that can build and offense that fits a QB's skill set will always be hot commodities as NFL HC's.

Always get a kick out of guys that buy into the "Bears Experts" thoughts on football, you do realize you are following the thoughts of people that do not only not know anything about football, but are just giving you the team approved takes because as we have discussed here numerous times they want and need to have access to the team in order to do their jobs, so they all fall in this odd group where every single one of them has the exact same take. You only get unique takes from opposing media, and occasionally from guys line Olin, who don't care, but those guys are pushed out quickly because they tend to embarrass the team and/or ownership.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:19 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
It's an astoundingly dumb thought. Fields has four good games. Not enough data on which to crown Getsy as the next genius of the day. Plus as we can see with McDaniel and Hackett not every seemingly bright offensive coordinator is ready for a promotion to the top job. If Fields is who Parkins wants to think he is then at some point it won't matter who the OC is, just like it doesn't matter who the OC is for Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen, etc. You'll need a top executive at HC to bring all three phases of the game together and get the locker room on the same page. Parkins is a little bit like JBills in that it takes very little for him to fall in love with something or someone.

Do you pay attention to the NFL? Ever heard of Sean McVay, Matt Lafleur, Brian Daboll, Mike McDaniel, or Kyle Shanahan? Maybe your watching Uncle Terry's imaginary TV. Nobody knows how good a guy is gonna be as a HC, but it's just plain silly to not understand that young OC's that can build and offense that fits a QB's skill set will always be hot commodities as NFL HC's.

Always get a kick out of guys that buy into the "Bears Experts" thoughts on football, you do realize you are following the thoughts of people that do not only not know anything about football, but are just giving you the team approved takes because as we have discussed here numerous times they want and need to have access to the team in order to do their jobs, so they all fall in this odd group where every single one of them has the exact same take. You only get unique takes from opposing media, and occasionally from guys line Olin, who don't care, but those guys are pushed out quickly because they tend to embarrass the team and/or ownership.

His entire idea is predicated on another OC not doing exactly what Getsy is doing now, which is laughable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:21 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins was handpicked to host the next Marquee "The Reporters" after the censoring controversy for his debating and weasel talk skills. I can't believe many wanted that assignment. Highly respected regular host
Bob Sirott was conspicuously absent. Messes and damage control are Parkins' modus operandi to create content. How can one guy be knee-deep in most every Chicago sports media misstep the last few years.

Get ass cancer and die

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:26 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

So you have no answer you are are just talking out of your ass. Got it. I assumed so, but thanks for clarifying that you are an idiot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:36 am 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

His entire idea is predicated on another OC not doing exactly what Getsy is doing now, which is laughable.

You do realize that calling plays is a fairly unique and specific skill set and that every OC brings their own ideas and concepts, and that they have to consistently adjust week to week and in game?

Those traits are rare, and that is why teams are chasing the young OC's that vibe with a QB and can develop an offense and call play to fit their skill sets, it's not exactly like the old wishbone teams where you call the exact same plays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:37 am 

You know what, Parkins can message me and I will help him make more cohesive arguments to unmask the vaunted "Bears Experts".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:40 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:

You've seem really hostile of late, DMan?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:30 pm 

Parkins just announced on the air that his dad passed away this past week. Funeral is tomorrow. Sucks for him. Sounds like he had a great relationship with him. Sorry to hear that Parkins. Best wishes to you and your family in this time!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
We all have our little flaws, but for godsake, don't put them in the obituary.

Quote:
Tom loved all things 'Wisconsin' from the Northwoods to the Badgers and the Green Bay Packers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
We all have our little flaws, but for godsake, don't put them in the obituary.

Quote:
Tom loved all things 'Wisconsin' from the Northwoods to the Badgers and the Green Bay Packers.

Too bad he wasn't able to overcome this.

Hopefully, Papa Parkins at peace now.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:45 pm 

Is that Parkins Sr. obit or Deni$'?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:52 pm 

Ditched that Polish name pretty quick, shots fired at Good Dolphin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:13 pm 

Name shorteners. SMH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
"Universally loved by those who were lucky enough to work for him"?

Condolences to Danny.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
"Did you hire that Patti? She was a great candidate."

"No, I have a date with her on Saturday."

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next