It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:31 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
"Did you hire that Patti? She was a great candidate."

"No, I have a date with her on Saturday."

Honestly, badass.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Curious Hair wrote:
Nas wrote:
"Did you hire that Patti? She was a great candidate."

"No, I have a date with her on Saturday."

Honestly, badass.

Even better because it worked out.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Survived by son Daniel (Stephanie) Parkins, who was conceived at halftime of Super Bowl XX.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:53 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Ditched that Polish name pretty quick, shots fired at Good Dolphin.

yeah, I've always thought Parkins tried to be as WASPish as possible. His look, name, character, etc. really display nothing of his heritage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Pardon my Kanye but I always thought Parkins was Jewish.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
badrogue17 wrote:

Is that why they threw the Star of David in there?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:22 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I thought he was telling Chicago he was a plugged thug.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:27 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
2nd time recently Boomer Esiason was late for his segment. He's got to be sending the "voice of the Score" a message.

P&S had a rare funny moment after the Boomer segment. Parkins said injuries aren't his strong topic during transition. Spiegel said Parkins actually has 5. Parkins said Spiegel has 100. Asking questions during interviews is both's only strong area. Both struggle mightily talking football. Especially Bears QB progress evaluation has been a disaster for them with Fields. Spiegel struggles talking anything baseball. Especially Cubs talk where he has to follow the Score/Cubs mandated positive view. His all is good theories come out very confused.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
2nd time recently Boomer Esiason was late for his segment. He's got to be sending the "voice of the Score" a message.

P&S had a rare funny moment after the Boomer segment. Parkins said injuries aren't his strong topic during transition. Spiegel said Parkins actually has 5. Parkins said Spiegel has 100. Asking questions during interviews is both's only strong area. Both struggle mightily talking football. Especially Bears QB progress evaluation has been a disaster for them with Fields. Spiegel struggles talking anything baseball. Especially Cubs talk where he has to follow the Score/Cubs mandated positive view. His all is good theories come out very confused.

Take a breath.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:06 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

Nobody cares

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:33 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

He is. Many Ashkenazi surnames look/are Polish or Russian because that's where they lived. "-ski" is just "from," whether a person (Szymanski, son of Simon) or a place (Pinczkowski, apparently). Actual Hebrew-derived surnames (Cohen, Margolis, Marshak, Levy) were relatively few and far between pre-State of Israel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:50 am 

Parkins asked Trent Dilfer about him being stereotyped as an NFL "game manager". Dilfer gave what seemed like a 10 minute uninterrupted quite interesting answer talking about his career and successful NFL QBs and what it takes to excel. Some very good Score content. Then, as soon as Dilfer's interview ended the P & S show did its usual (after guest) nosedive with its engine sputtering when I imagine most listeners jumped ship.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:14 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins asked Trent Dilfer about him being stereotyped as an NFL "game manager". Dilfer gave what seemed like a 10 minute uninterrupted quite interesting answer talking about his career and successful NFL QBs and what it takes to excel. Some very good Score content. Then, as soon as Dilfer's interview ended the P & S show did its usual (after guest) nosedive with its engine sputtering when I imagine most listeners jumped ship.

I've all but completely stopped listening to the station at this point. I do flip on the morning show from time to time, 100% avoid the midday show, and occasionally will tune in the afternoon show. Over all the years (Day 1 Listener™) of listening, I've never gone literal days without at least tuning in....it's been a constant soundtrack in my life. That has ended, as I will often times go days without listening.

I say all that as I think the issue is that this show in particular, but the station as a whole, lacks likable personalities. The comment above (nosedive after interview) is directly related to this point, as both of these guys have bought into the notion that people just want to "hang" with them. Thus the segments with seemingly no point, where Shane yells about something or antagonizes someone, where they all self-laugh (Larry-style) at their attempts at humor/Sparkins tees up what he thinks is an awesome tease for the next segment/rinse and repeat. In the past, these types of segments worked because even if the topic(s) weren't interesting ... the hosts were at least likable. The station lacks this, so the tavern-hang style of radio conversation is just tiresome and boring.

I don't "hate listen" (as so many trolls that have inhabited this board over the years are always quick to respond with) to the station - rather, I tune in very infrequently (especially in regards to my decades-long history of keeping the station on most of the day) out of habit....mixed with just a bit of hope that the hosts will become a bit more self-aware and desire to provide good content. Much like my confusion for near universal love for Pat Hughes, I'm always super confused when praise is heaped upon Mitch - not saying the Goose was some mastermind, but boy Mitch has made (and continues to make) some pretty horrid decisions despite being such a "legend".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Totally agree with all your points ^^^

The absolute most I do these days is give the podcast titles/descriptions a quick scan to see if anything even remotely piques my interest. For the P/S show, however, Shane even managed to ruin that—as he resorted awhile back to click-bait type titles that often do not reflect what each hour consists of. I didn’t know it was possible to fuck up a podcast description but he managed to do it.

But yes, the main issue with the show itself is definitely the attempt at banter amongst the hosts/producers. As you pointed out the “hang out with us vibe” does not work with this group at all.

I don’t see how 670 retains listeners at all these days. Why anyone would still listen to their product in real time, on the actual radio or even stream, is beyond me. It certainly doesn’t help that all the local teams suck, but then line up of hosts offer absolutely nothing. Zero interesting personalities or takes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:45 pm 

You'd think after a good guest interview the thing to do is take phone calls (actually letting callers speak) talking about the guest's comments. Anything but P & S talking inside the loop stuff with nails on the chalkboard Shane. M & H are lucky to have Dustin Rhodes who can liven things up and not be a reason to tune out with actual (some off the wall granted) sports thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
dustin rhodes is continuously doing a bit and ill never be convinced otherwise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I blame Dan Patrick or even Stern probably for the entire producers/support staff are part of the show. It’s almost never good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
pittmike wrote:
I blame Dan Patrick or even Stern probably for the entire producers/support staff are part of the show. It’s almost never good.

That LeBetard crew is awful too. Bad radio.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
pittmike wrote:

Solid point

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:

You don’t like Irma Blanco, the traffic Freak, and of course Turd?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You don’t like Irma Blanco, the traffic Freak, and of course Turd?

Keep it. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:59 pm 

Parkins and Spiegel have become so hyperbolic on Fields, it's almost starting to sound like a bit.

And congrats to whoever thought putting Jason Bernstein on would be a good idea. Immediate PTFB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:15 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Parkins and Spiegel have become so hyperbolic on Fields, it's almost starting to sound like a bit.

And congrats to whoever thought putting Jason Bernstein on would be a good idea. Immediate PTFB.

What was the reason for that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Wasn't Parkins's old bit that he really liked Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? That's just doing Bears p.r. for free.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:19 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Dan and son Jason are doing a Bulls podcast called "Organizations Win Championships" and the Score is promoting it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:20 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Dan and son Jason are doing a Bulls podcast called "Organizations Win Championships" and the Score is promoting it.

:lol: Pass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:20 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

God, I legitimately can't tell if this is a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:24 pm 

Damn it. It's real.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:38 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Wasn't Parkins's old bit that he really liked Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky? That's just doing Bears p.r. for free.

The difference is that I'm sure Pace loved any praise Mitch got, whereas I'm not sure Poles is sold on Fields.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Curious Hair wrote:
Damn it. It's real.

Get ready for Jason to replace Pat Tomasulo on WGN Morning News in seven years. WGN is always up for some second generation staff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next