It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let’s Talk...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hi Danny, thanks for coming by.

Unless I missed it, if I can put my Beardown hat on, I haven't seen you answer any DiCaro-related questions as of yet.

Has there been a memo at the station not to talk about her in any way? Was it like walking on egg-shells with her being around and all of her faux-feminism?

I appreciated your honesty during a "Can't Do It" segment a few years back when someone asked why you brought in Siera Santos(?) to guest host with you instead of DiCaro and you simply said something the the effect of "I brought in who I like" and left it at that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Dedicated on-topic caller segment twice a week can't hurt things, can it?

It seems like calling-in and emails have long since died. Texting is so impersonal. I don't give a fuck about what the "texter from the 630" or especially the 815, has to say...but, I would be interested in a Gridiron Assassin or Illinimac text.

Seems like the only person that is ever mentioned by name is Peoria Matt, which makes sense given the Spiegel & Parkins show history.

And seeing as how Matt is actually witty and cogent doesn’t hurt.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Thanks Danny for posting and I hope everything is going well with your family.

Any thoughts to doing a retro review hour on the show? You and Mac watch an old game, like 1991 Bulls/Pistons-ECF, game 4 and talk about it the next day. Give the listeners a heads up about watching a game and have them call in with their thoughts. I also like what Bernstein has done in revisiting the 1986 White Sox (has had Kittle and Lyons on as guests) over the last two weeks; any thoughts in doing this with the other sports teams?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
In the absence of sports, can you do more caller heavy segments? In B&B's heyday, Friday Fung and WYC were appointment radio. Callers for the sake of callers doesn't work, but callers in a themed segment does.

Hope all is well Danny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Kind of silly to act as though there wasn't an active campaign against callers by one of the most prominent shows/personalities on the station, then use the resultant dearth of compelling callers as evidence in and of itself that nobody wants to call anymore.

I've also always felt that reading texts and (ugh) twitter are not viable substitutes to calls. While they may still offer differing and chiding opinions, to the consumer those texts are offered up just as one host talking to himself in a slightly different voice. The conflict (or comedy or whatever) doesn't seem as real when it is offered up in the host's own voice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Oh and Parko, how many followers/new engagements did you gain from trying to pick a fight with Clay Travis? Did he ever respond to you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:29 pm 

spmack wrote:

Unless I missed it, if I can put my Beardown hat on, I haven't seen you answer any DiCaro-related questions as of yet.

Has there been a memo at the station not to talk about her in any way? Was it like walking on egg-shells with her being around and all of her faux-feminism?

I appreciated your honesty during a "Can't Do It" segment a few years back when someone asked why you brought in Siera Santos(?) to guest host with you instead of DiCaro and you simply said something the the effect of "I brought in who I like" and left it at that.

It is pretty clear he is not going to answer any questions of this nature. Really sad. If you are going to come here and initiate a question/answer thread then you should address the questions that you get. I know he is not going to go scorched earth, but you can at least give something to the people who listen to your shows.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Here's a question, will it be easier to get Barstool personalities as guests with Julie gone? You should try and grab Big Cat for some segments.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Here's a question, will it be easier to get Barstool personalities as guests with Julie gone? You should try and grab Big Cat for some segments.

Big Cat is on W & S.

Maybe Barstool Chief or White Sox Dave instead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:

It is pretty clear he is not going to answer any questions of this nature. Really sad. If you are going to come here and initiate a question/answer thread then you should address the questions that you get. I know he is not going to go scorched earth, but you can at least give something to the people who listen to your shows.

Scream it from the hilltop RFDC. All this is is a feel up over the sweater. I mean, why bother?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:

The silence speaks volumes....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I asked Mac about her in one of his threads a while back. I think he said "there might be something to that" in regards to whatever it was I asked. At least he said something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:54 pm 

spmack wrote:
RFDC wrote:
spmack wrote:

The silence speaks volumes....

Thers also more than a little cynic in me that thinks maybe its not a coincidence ol' Parko decides its ok to post here again ( or has the " guts" to ) 2 weeks after Julie is fired . Didnt dare do it while she was still employed there. Wouldnt want to be the target of one of her MANY passive/aggresive shots about how her colleagues dont call out " harassment" of WOMEN IN SPORTZ . Oh and Danny , congrats on making a terminal douchestain like Bruce Levine come off as sympathetic and the bigger person in thinking jokes about cancer arent funny. Quite a feat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
In the absence of sports, can you do more caller heavy segments? In B&B's heyday, Friday Fung and WYC were appointment radio. Callers for the sake of callers doesn't work, but callers in a themed segment does.

Hope all is well Danny

Should be so simple especially for 2 gambling addicts.

most painful bad beats. worst bet. dumbest bet. people enjoy and giggle at misfortune.

terrible family vacations.

dumb injuries

tailgating disasters

tales of drug use gone wrong (maybe not)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod’s
As for Macs contract, I’ll let him speak to that but I’ve been assured our show isn’t going to be broken up or impacted as a result of the pandemic.

I agree caller driven segments with direction work best and not simply open phones... I’ve long thought a “suggestion box” type segment could work. I also miss the voicemails from the spiegel and parkins show. That was a fun caller driven bit even though it was edited.

As for addressing this Board’s favorite obsession I’ll take a pass other than to say I just don’t get why it makes you all so angry and I think it brings out the absolute worst in places like this. Just don’t listen or unfollow. Simple. I came here to address criticisms or questions directed at me, my show, and the station yet 25% of you want to talk about something else. I’m here under my name and have plenty to lose while you guys get to be anonymous. If you don’t see how that changes the dynamic on some things that I can and can’t talk about I just can’t help you.

As for Clay Travis and the amount of “engagement” I got I don’t know... you think that’s going to help my career going at someone who is employed by two national companies? He’s a fraud and I can’t stand him and I think on this Covid stuff he’s been dangerous. My stance has always been if you wanna he Skip Bayless and have a fake opinion on Lebron v MJ then fine, it gets your attention and it’s just sports. But if you have a fake opinion aimed at generating attention and division on shit that matters like race (Whitlock) or an issue of public health (Travis) I’m gonna call you out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Parkins1 wrote:
As for addressing this Board’s favorite obsession I’ll take a pass other than to say I just don’t get why it makes you all so angry and I think it brings out the absolute worst in places like this. Just don’t listen or unfollow. Simple. I came here to address criticisms or questions directed at me, my show, and the station yet 25% of you want to talk about something else. I’m here under my name and have plenty to lose while you guys get to be anonymous. If you don’t see how that changes the dynamic on some things that I can and can’t talk about I just can’t help you.

Well she's quoted as saying one of her goals is publicly shame the userbase so yeah, she's a hot topic around this board. Cant PTFB on Julie when she's trying to doxx everyone and get them fired.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I get it Parkins, but Julie was a part of the station like it or not. She never lost a chance to bring up her ratings or her Peabody to anyone either.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Parkins1 wrote:
As for Macs contract, I’ll let him speak to that but I’ve been assured our show isn’t going to be broken up or impacted as a result of the pandemic.

I agree caller driven segments with direction work best and not simply open phones... I’ve long thought a “suggestion box” type segment could work. I also miss the voicemails from the spiegel and parkins show. That was a fun caller driven bit even though it was edited.

As for Clay Travis and the amount of “engagement” I got I don’t know... you think that’s going to help my career going at someone who is employed by two national companies? He’s a fraud and I can’t stand him and I think on this Covid stuff he’s been dangerous. My stance has always been if you wanna he Skip Bayless and have a fake opinion on Lebron v MJ then fine, it gets your attention and it’s just sports. But if you have a fake opinion aimed at generating attention and division on shit that matters like race (Whitlock) or an issue of public health (Travis) I’m gonna call you out.

As for your favorite obsession, Clay Travis, just take a pass other than to say I just don’t get why it makes you so angry and I think it brings out the absolute worst in places like Twitter. Just don’t listen or unfollow. Simple.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 pm 

Parkins1 wrote:

You cannot even fathom that somebody may disagree with you in a genuine way. You are so conceited and self-assured in your worldview (a worldview that fucking sucks, by the way) that you just assume anyone who isn't lock-step with you must be putting on an act.

If you really want to get into why people hate the station and specifically hate you, that's it. It makes you intolerable. You aren't righteous and this ideological piety is nauseating. The continued existence of your little media clique of acceptable opinion-having where you cast a half dozen people as heretical for daring to step out of line has run its course. Every day more people get sick of it, and by extension get sick of you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Caller driven shows are lazy and it should be way more interesting for us to listen to some guy talk for 4 hrs and give his important opinions on the only things he wants to talk about? Yuck. It always seems to lead to talking down to listeners, being smarter than them, and boring them with stats or some other bullshit.

I don't listen to the radio much. Mostly because my lifestyle/time available changed. However it's not as fun as it used to be and I think disconnection from the audience is a big part of that. You can't anticipate what you will get from the audience. People want to hear crazy stories, people want to laugh, people want to see what is going to happen next, people want something they can share with others. This would be a great time to get in touch with old players for stories, or clips of great sports moments in Chicago, and a way to connect with listeners thru their stories.

Thanks for dropping by. Good to hear from you and good luck with everything. You shouldn't have to talk about Julie, they are being pricks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Parkins1 wrote:

Speaking of Mac, why doesn't he stop by here anymore? Maybe you could ask and report back?

Are you still vaping during this? Mac once said he was terrified by it and I texted (not called) if he was terrified enough to quit smoking. No response. Vaping isn't good for you with a deadly respiratory virus spreading like wildfire either. Are you worried enough to change your behavior?

Last edited by Franky T on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:27 pm 

Parkins1 wrote:

What a load of shit. Clay Travis is dangerous :lol: :lol: Clutch those pearls a little tighter bruh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
It's funny when guys start off by praising a show host for participating on the board and then totally misuse the opportunity by being a jag to them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:30 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
It's funny when guys start off by praising a show host for participating on the board and then totally misuse the opportunity by being a jag to them.

If a regular new poster came on spouting this shit they'd get much worse treatment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Or , treat them like everyone else here gets treated at times.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:35 pm 

Parkins1 wrote:

:lol: This is some HUGE BS. You don't get why it makes us all so angry? Bull FUCKING Shit!

Sure you do. You are a sports fan, and fairly knowledgeable. You have respect for sports radio and journalism. She is an embarrassment to both of those. Almost daily during her shows or on twitter she gives a take that shows she basically does not even understand how even the smallest of details about sports works. She constantly posts crap to do nothing but draw attention to herself and ultimately makes your entire station look like idiots.

Yet, you will call out Clay Travis about things in his feed that you do not like. You say you cannot stand him and he is a fraud. He has a fake opinion to generate attention and division. You basically just described Julie. But you will remain quiet about her.

Hypocrite much?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:37 pm 

In the words of G-Unit, "I smell pussy, is that you Parkins? " Way to dodge the Big Red questions. On another note, fatty's pressers at 2:30 are useless. I can't remember the last time he said something worth noting. Bitching about PPE and supplies is old.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:44 pm 

Parkins1 wrote:
My stance has always been if you wanna he Skip Bayless and have a fake opinion on Lebron v MJ then fine, it gets your attention and it’s just sports. But if you have a fake opinion aimed at generating attention and division on shit that matters like race (Whitlock) or an issue of public health (Travis) I’m gonna call you out.

Please white guy, tell the class why Whitlocks views on race are only for the sake of generating attention and division . I mean , he can’t possibly mean any of what he says right ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:46 pm 

Well we can safely assume we've heard the last of Parkins.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Antarctica wrote:
Well we can safely assume we've heard the last of Parkins.

parkins2 will be back

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next