It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
DAC wrote:
They really need to shitcan the Parkins vs Spiegel vs Parkins vs Spiegel segment. Listening to kids pick games is terrible radio.

Was that Parkins' idea? That sounds worse than "Pick A Player", which was awful. MJH's "What's In The Vending Machine" was better than that and that was supposed to be bad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins is ruining the Monday Boomer segment talking too much. He's doing his debating the guest thing. Bernstein is also dominating Hub visits getting hysterical ranting Fields is ready in his panicked gay guy voice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins is ruining the Monday Boomer segment talking too much. He's doing his debating the guest thing. Bernstein is also dominating Hub visits getting hysterical ranting Fields is ready in his panicked gay guy voice.

Boomer isn't gonna keep coming on if Parkins keeps making an ass of himself.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Parkins trying to out-football Boomer is actually pretty hilarious radio. This could be a funny season if this keeps up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
DAC wrote:
They really need to shitcan the Parkins vs Spiegel vs Parkins vs Spiegel segment. Listening to kids pick games is terrible radio.

I caught a minute or so of this a couple weeks ago, quite possibly the worst radio I've heard on any radio station in 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:57 am 

Score hosts need to ask questions of guests like Boomer, and let the guy talk. Parkins has 4 hours to spew his nonsense. A lot of podcast listeners of guests have been forced out of listening live to the Score by guys like Parkins. It's becoming obvious that interviewing guests is a weakness of Parkins.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:20 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Darkside wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Boomer isn't gonna keep coming on if Parkins keeps making an ass of himself.

He sounded annoyed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
vitoscotti wrote:
Score hosts need to ask questions of guests like Boomer, and let the guy talk. Parkins has 4 hours to spew his nonsense. A lot of podcast listeners of guests have been forced out of listening live to the Score by guys like Parkins. It's becoming obvious that interviewing guests is a weakness of Parkins.

What is Parkins strength? As I've said many times they would put out a far better show if they just gave Pappy, Uncle Terry, and Mac each a day a week during football season. Parkins and Spiegs could sit in the corner and get coffee for the guys that invented the "Bears Monday/Friday" concept and actually know how to put on a competent sports talk radio show. When you have two guys that know absolutely positively nothing about football pretending to talk football they are pretty easily exposed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:04 am 

Wonder how some of the trust fund hosts even ended up in sports media? A relative in high places knew somebody from law school, who went to the same temple, who knew somebody?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm 

Good bounce back Boomer interview. P & S try to coax Boomer into misspeaking but the guys way too knowledgeable. I think Boomer has figured out how non sports wimpy the 2 are. Kinda just throws his hands in the air how unknowledgeable they are. Basic P & S asking questions and staying in the background which means I'll keep listening.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
vitoscotti wrote:
Good bounce back Boomer interview. P & S try to coax Boomer into misspeaking but the guys way too knowledgeable. I think Boomer has figured out how non sports wimpy the 2 are. Kinda just throws his hands in the air how unknowledgeable they are. Basic P & S asking questions and staying in the background which means I'll keep listening.

Are you a big fan of Esiason? He doesn't move the needle much for me. Like the Billick and Lombardi interviews in the past, I won't shut it off but it definitely is not my first choice of segments when I am picking a podcast to listen to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:26 am 

DAC wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Are you a big fan of Esiason? He doesn't move the needle much for me. Like the Billick and Lombardi interviews in the past, I won't shut it off but it definitely is not my first choice of segments when I am picking a podcast to listen to.

P&S with any football guest is like Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich, the guest has to carry the segment and try to work with them, but eventually the guests gives up because P&S do not have the ability to work and tells the program director, "I'm done, you try to have a match with them". It was said Flair could work a match with a broomstick and make it compelling, but even he knew certain guys were so inept that nobody could work with them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:07 am 

It's pretty obvious the Score hosts fawn over Fields is because he fits into their sjw agenda.

Ok Felds is great even with a 64 rtg
Dalton and Foles has no value.
Certain hof Aaron Rodgers won't bow to pc so we'll trash him.
We'll argue pro Fields even though it is against our data God.
If guests disagree we'll use our debating skills to belittle them.
Push to throw him out there too early with bad O line, coaches, game plan, halftime adjustments.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Parkins is a mark for anything Andy Reid, Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence or DeShaun Watson related. A good example was the day after the last Super Bowl, with Parkins begging Boomer to tell him that the Chiefs loss wasn't on Mahomes. And the best thing to come out of Watson massage-gate is we don't have to hear Parkins whine about Pace not having dinner with Watson anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
vitoscotti wrote:
It's pretty obvious the Score hosts fawn over Fields is because he fits into their sjw agenda.

Push to throw him out there too early with bad O line, coaches, game plan, halftime adjustments.

Fields is immune from criticism. If he’s bad its because Nagy, offensive line , it’s Sunday , kids dying in the Sudan .

If he’s good , it’s in spite of everything .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Fields is immune from criticism. If he’s bad its because Nagy, offensive line , it’s Sunday , kids dying in the Sudan .

If he’s good , it’s in spite of everything .

I wonder why that might be... :afro: :afro: :afro:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:22 pm 

All of Chicago loved the Fields pick. He's talented, very intelligent, and very determined to succeed. But no one knows if he has the split second 6th sense the true few great ones have. Bernstein, P & S (the three wise men) are making this a 3 ring circus. Sit back and see how he progresses. Fields couldn't have been picked by a worse QB organization. Maybe he'll be so good he rises above the organization.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:37 pm 

Listening to Parkins and Spiegel try to out-smart Boomer has become a monday afternoon routine for me that I can't help but listen to. Boomer was on for like 20 minutes and the entire interview was them trying to convince Boomer he is wrong with different approaches and him saying "Guys, he isn't ready" and the entire segment was a waste of time, absolutely zero new ground covered. I'm no Boomer guy, but you're paying him to be on the show, maybe ask something different once in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
man of few opinions wrote:
Listening to Parkins and Spiegel try to out-smart Boomer has become a monday afternoon routine for me that I can't help but listen to. Boomer was on for minutes and the entire interview was them trying to convince Boomer he is wrong with different approaches and him saying "Guys, he isn't ready" and the entire segment was a waste of time, absolutely zero new ground covered. I'm no Boomer guy, but you're paying him to be on the show, maybe ask something different once in a while.

I head today's episode. Boomer is handling it just fine. Fields isn't ready. The Bears are running the risk of having Fields physically destroyed by keeping him out there....I don't think Boomer is annoyed or loses any sleep over Parkins ridiculous football thoughts.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:11 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Listening to Parkins and Spiegel try to out-smart Boomer has become a monday afternoon routine for me that I can't help but listen to. Boomer was on for minutes and the entire interview was them trying to convince Boomer he is wrong with different approaches and him saying "Guys, he isn't ready" and the entire segment was a waste of time, absolutely zero new ground covered. I'm no Boomer guy, but you're paying him to be on the show, maybe ask something different once in a while.

I head today's episode. Boomer is handling it just fine. Fields isn't ready. The Bears are running the risk of having Fields physically destroyed by keeping him out there....I don't think Boomer is annoyed or loses any sleep over Parkins ridiculous football thoughts.

Agreed. It was funny hearing Spiegel trying to get tough with him with his rambling exasperated outrage over coaching. Boomer just sticks to his guns, “don’t know what to tell you, he isn’t ready”.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:19 pm 

Boomer is in a tough spot talking to two guys who aren't football knowledgeable. The segment is sputtering because of bad questions covering old ground. Possible P & S could take questions from texters. Or, give the segment to Hub or somebody in tune with sports. Funny when Boomer laughs at Parkins quoting his beloved analytics. I'm almost sympathetic to P & S having to talk about a subject they're so unfamiliar with.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I don’t get them not believing Boomer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
BigW72 wrote:

Agreed. It was funny hearing Spiegel trying to get tough with him with his rambling exasperated outrage over coaching. Boomer just sticks to his guns, “don’t know what to tell you, he isn’t ready”.

I heard it today as well. They kept asking the same question in different ways trying to get them to agree that something else is the problem. I was waiting for a Bernsteinesque sigh from Boomer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:37 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Boomer is in a tough spot talking to two guys who aren't football knowledgeable. The segment is sputtering because of bad questions covering old ground. Possible P & S could take questions from texters. Or, give the segment to Hub or somebody in tune with sports. Funny when Boomer laughs at Parkins quoting his beloved analytics. I'm almost sympathetic to P & S having to talk about a subject they're so unfamiliar with.

The inability to competently discuss football severely limits this show, Parkins especially lacks knowledge about football basics, and more importantly seems to really lack interest in the NFL and the Bears, he gets by with regurgitating twitter takes and stats, but anyone with any real interest or knowledge in the team quickly moves on to podcasts feature much more capable hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I dont listen to the score, I do catch 25 minutes or so of boomer and gio while im getting reasy to leave for work.. hes mentioned Parkins a few times..my impression is Boomer likes him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 am 

strong display of football knowledge on the show yesterday when the full team was in the studio laughing about who the Jets QBs have to throw to:

Corey Davis- former first round pick signed to a big contract this off season
Elijah Moore- second pick of the second round this year with lots of first round grades prior to the draft
Jamison Crowder- 358 catches in his first 6 seasons
even Denzel Mimms was a highly regarded second round pick last year

These guys were all chuckling because "no one" has ever heard of these Jets WR, with Moore being a guy they particularly dismissed. He's a guy who was being rumored as a Bear pick just a few, short months ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:02 am 

People that know nothing about football focus on skill position players.

However, if you look at the O line rankings you see exactly when the Bears and Jets suck.

Jets were bottom ten at the start of the year and lost their starting LT, they are likely bottom five at this point, and the Bears...well we all know how bad their offensive line is and how that poor play contributes to the teams ongoing failure. Looked up the draft history of the Jets and it is strikingly similar to the Bears in the way the team has not drafted offensive lineman, but even the Jets took a tackle in the first round a while back while Pace seems to feel offensive lineman are irrelevant.

The Bears D also struggles against teams with top ten offensive line units, the niners, Pack, Browns, and Bucs all controlled the vaunted Bears front seven, teams that have quality tackles and can single up Mack/Quinn dominate the Bears.

So in essence, football really never changes, from pop warner to the NFL, if you build a good offensive line you will have at least a competitive offense.

A bit of a bridge too far for P&S, but why waste your time listening to them when you can find competent analysis almost anywhere else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
The worst part of Parkins is how he presents himself as some sort of a smart sharp gambler. He's one of the biggest squares when it comes to gambling. Fascinated with terrible future bets and moronic takes on each weeks games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 am 

P & S are doing an us vs Boomer bit. They killed the first 10 minutes of the interview gloating because Fields had a good game. Individually doing interviews they're a lot better. But, together it gets a very weird gay vibe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:30 am 

I missed them with Boomer yesterday but later in the afternoon I caught them talking to Hub. They were covering a lot of different ground with the Bears, but as they were wrapping up they brought up Jordan Love sitting for a year+ and how bad he was and Fields being thrown into the fire and how good he was and asked Hub if they thought this one week would change how quarterbacks across the NFL are handled in the future (since obviously they were 100% right all along, this week proves it right?), and Hub was like, uhhhh, no guys, this didn't prove anything like that at all, Fields had a good week, it was Love's first start ever, there is no comparison and this changes nothing. I think they thought Hub was going to jump on board with them based on Love being bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next