It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Those July Ratings for NFL Network sure are rather "puny". Anyone have a doubt as to whether The Vegas Summer League Ratings on ESPN happens to trounce it? Just Asking A Question

https://ustvdb.com/networks/nfl/

The Summer League on ESPN only seems to get slightly better ratings than First Take does when it does well.

That sure is "relavant" to my point regarding "Off Season Out Of Town" Football now isn't it? Just Asking A Question

It shows how your point doesn't really mean much.

No it simply shows that your point has no "relevance" to the original point being made. And if "Off Season Out Of Town" football is such a big deal, as MANY here continue to state, Then why is it being beaten in the ratings by the Vegas Summer League? Just Asking A Question.

Watching a game vs. people talking.

Your OP was talking about the subjects, not watching games. That's not very "relevant".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
NFL Network ratings for a talk show is the pivot here. LTG knows this. He's just grasping as straws.

If ESPN were to televise a July (not Julie) training camp scrimmage between two NFL teams, it would garner higher ratings than the NBA summer league. No doubt about it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:14 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
No it simply shows that your point has no "relevance" to the original point being made. And if "Off Season Out Of Town" football is such a big deal, as MANY here continue to state, Then why is it being beaten in the ratings by the Vegas Summer League? Just Asking A Question.
Because it is on ESPN and ESPN gets a certain amount of viewers no matter what it does.

Don't look at the summer league ratings on NBA TV unless you want to apologize to Frank.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
The Missing Link wrote:

Brick wrote:
Because it is on ESPN and ESPN gets a certain amount of viewers no matter what it does.

Couldn't the same be true of NFL "draft ratings"? Just Asking A Question. And if that were the case then the ratings for the Vegas Summer League would be "eerily" similar to whatever programming that ESPN provides in that time slot. IT isn't which means your point isn't relevant. SHocking!
Brick wrote:
Don't look at the summer league ratings on NBA TV unless you want to apologize to Frank.

More "authoritative" "do as I say do" posting courtesy of Brick. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Couldn't the same be true of NFL "draft ratings"?
No.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:39 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Your OP was talking about the subjects, not watching games. That's not very "relevant".

YEah because "watching" is indicative of "level of interest" that one may have in a particular topic.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Franky T wrote:

YEah because "watching" is indicative of "level of interest" that one may have in a particular topic.
So then there is no interest in Summer League NBA on ESPN? "Watching" NBA summer ball either IS or ISN'T indicative of interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:56 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Franky T wrote:

So then there is no interest in Summer League NBA on ESPN? "Watching" NBA summer ball either IS or ISN'T indicative of interest.

Can you find any post of yours over the past 2 years that actually pertains (Besides the "oft cited" NFL Draft) to the TELEVISION RATINGS FOR OUT OF TOWN/ OFF SEASON FOOTBALL? Can Brick? Just Asking Questions

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:02 pm 

Franky T wrote:

Yes because ratings are indicative of the relative level of interest for each. McNeil often claimed that people were not interested in NBA Playoff buckets simply because he was not interested in NBA Playoff Buckets. Often imploring favorable listeners to "wake him when the NBA Playoffs were over" as a way to inform the world of just how disinterested and bored that he was with the process. It was one of his more patented excuses for not wanting to discuss it at all. All while providing the world with his "Countdown to Bourbonnais" Bullshit as if most people actually gave a shit.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:06 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Brick wrote:

Couldn't the same be true of NFL "draft ratings"? Just Asking A Question. And if that were the case then the ratings for the Vegas Summer League would be "eerily" similar to whatever programming that ESPN provides in that time slot. IT isn't which means your point isn't relevant. SHocking!
Brick wrote:

More "authoritative" "do as I say do" posting courtesy of Brick. :roll: :roll: :roll:

NFL draft far exceeds First Take.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:08 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Brick wrote:

Brick wrote:

NFL draft far exceeds First Take.

Nothing else that the NFL Does in the off Season does however. You do know that the NFL "OFF SEASON" lasts for 5-6 months don't you? Just Asking A Question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:15 pm 

The NFL Draft ratings were slightly more than the average of the 2nd round of the playoffs. With the way people talk about it around here you would have thought that it was the most watched event since the "Who Shot J.R." episode of Dallas.

The 2022 NFL Draft took place at Caesars Forum on the Las Vegas Strip, with the first pick being defensive end Travon Walker to the Jacksonville Jaguars. While the average TV audience across the event stood at 5.2 million, an impressive 10.03 million viewers tuned in to watch the first round of the draft.Jul 5, 2022

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:17 pm 

You bumped this with a terrible thought. Just quit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Can you find any post of yours over the past 2 years that actually pertains (Besides the "oft cited" NFL Draft) to the TELEVISION RATINGS FOR OUT OF TOWN/ OFF SEASON FOOTBALL? Can Brick? Just Asking Questions
You didn't address my post in bold at all. Will You? JAAQ.

And this thread was started in 2018 by you so not really sure why the last two years would be more relevant than previous posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
ESPN broadcasts NBA summer league basketball and people watch that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

man of few opinions wrote:
Yeah because "watching" is indicative of "level of interest" that one may have in a particular topic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Franky T wrote:

You didn't address my post in bold at all. Will You? JAAQ.

And this thread was started in 2018 by you so not really sure why the last two years would be more relevant than previous posts.

I'm not addressing idiotic posts that are not "relevant" to the subject matter. You and your guy Brick can debate the merits of that nonsense and "amuse" yourselves if you like. Post something RELEVANT to the discussion or else you can forget about me ever addressing one of your mundane and rather idiotic "points" or "questions".

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:19 pm 

They do more than anything Off Season other than the widely "celebrated" NFL Draft that's for sure.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
I'm not addressing idiotic posts that are not "relevant" to the subject matter.
I agree. You're not addressing them. You're making idiotic posts. You're quite good at it, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:21 pm 

Brick wrote:

In whose world (besides yours and this board's) would an event (NFL DRAFT)that averages slightly better ratings than the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs be lauded as a "smashing success"? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:22 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

They do more than anything Off Season other than the widely "celebrated" NFL Draft that's for sure.

So during the summer you sit in the house and watch rando fringe players play basketball? I assume this league is full of 12th-man wannabes?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:25 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

So during the summer you sit in the house and watch rando fringe players play basketball? I assume this league is full of 12th-man wannabes?

Its also full of lottery picks too. I watch it for that. I'm a basketball fan (take it you're not or not much of one) so its not all that difficult for me to watch the games. And the competition and skill level (As previously stated) of the players is much better than that which you would typically find in an NCAA game. NCAA games suck!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

So during the summer you sit in the house and watch rando fringe players play basketball?
Nah, he does this from his friends house in Arkansas.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:27 pm 

LOL yeah ok riveting. Go on a hike or a bike ride or fishing or something

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So during the summer you sit in the house and watch rando fringe players play basketball?
Nah, he does this from his friends house in Arkansas.

That too!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
It's pretty impressive that an off season draft can outdraw a playoff game, yes.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:30 pm 

LOL yeah ok riveting. Go on a hike or a bike ride or fishing or something

Spoken like a guy whose life just "rocks" doesn't it? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Never did either but i'd suppose that fishing is boring as hell and I doubt hiking is all that much more fun and exciting either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:33 pm 

Darkside wrote:
It's pretty impressive that an off season draft can outdraw a playoff game, yes.
And all the more "disappointing" that nothing else involving the NFL OFF SEASON can. You'd think that after four years that the Legions and Legions of Football Fans that hang around this joint would have something else to exercise their Off Season Football "Chubby" with than the NFL Draft. An event that is only actually a "Big Deal" on its first day. The other 2 days the ratings plummet drastically.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
An event that is only actually a "Big Deal" on its first day. The other 2 days the ratings plummet drastically.
Sounds like an NBA Playoff series.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:39 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

In whose world (besides yours and this board's) would an event (NFL DRAFT)that averages slightly better ratings than the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs be lauded as a "smashing success"? Just Asking A Question

Because it's guys opening envelopes.

It's also more watched than the conference finals but the draft is on 3 networks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 40  Next