It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
The Missing Link wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
LOL yeah ok riveting. Go on a hike or a bike ride or fishing or something

Spoken like a guy whose life just "rocks" doesn't it? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Never did either but i'd suppose that fishing is boring as hell and I doubt hiking is all that much more fun and exciting either.

Well I will know I’ve got rock bottom when I spend a couple hours watching scrubs play meaningless games during the summer when I could be out enjoying the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
You bumped this with a terrible thought. Just quit.

In whose world (besides yours and this board's) would an event (NFL DRAFT)that averages slightly better ratings than the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs be lauded as a "smashing success"? Just Asking A Question

Because it's guys opening envelopes.

It's also more watched than the conference finals but the draft is on 3 networks.

Uh No its not. The average ratings easily trump the average ratings for the NFL Draft. Its only the first round that is a "huge deal" ratings wise. the rest of the rounds are extremely pedestrian. Hence the "slightly better" average reference.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Let's see how the ratings for Flag Football this weekend turn out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
It's pretty impressive that an off season draft can outdraw a playoff game, yes.
And all the more "disappointing" that nothing else involving the NFL OFF SEASON can. You'd think that after four years that the Legions and Legions of Football Fans that hang around this joint would have something else to exercise their Off Season Football "Chubby" with than the NFL Draft. An event that is only actually a "Big Deal" on its first day. The other 2 days the ratings plummet drastically.

The last Pro Bowl game also out draws the NBA playoffs that year.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:45 pm 

Well I will know I’ve got rock bottom when I spend a couple hours watching scrubs play meaningless games during the summer when I could be out enjoying the world.

You should have known that you hit "rock bottom" the first time you showed up for one of Frank's T Time Saturday Golf Outings but I digress. And if you think fishing and hiking is the essence of "fun" and "exciting" then your idea of what constitutes fun and exciting is really lacking.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:46 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
You bumped this with a terrible thought. Just quit.

In whose world (besides yours and this board's) would an event (NFL DRAFT)that averages slightly better ratings than the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs be lauded as a "smashing success"? Just Asking A Question

Because it's guys opening envelopes.

It's also more watched than the conference finals but the draft is on 3 networks.

Uh No its not. The average ratings easily trump the average ratings for the NFL Draft. Its only the first round that is a "huge deal" ratings wise. the rest of the rounds are extremely pedestrian. Hence the "slightly better" average reference.

That's really cool that the Eastern and Western conference finals can outdraw the average of about 16 hours of NFL draft coverage but not the first 4 hours of it. It really helps your point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:48 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

You should have known that you hit "rock bottom" the first time you showed up for one of Frank's T Time Saturday Golf Outings but I digress. And if you think fishing and hiking is the essence of "fun" and "exciting" then your idea of what constitutes fun and exciting is really lacking.

LOL ok

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:49 pm 

Darkside wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
It's pretty impressive that an off season draft can outdraw a playoff game, yes.
And all the more "disappointing" that nothing else involving the NFL OFF SEASON can. You'd think that after four years that the Legions and Legions of Football Fans that hang around this joint would have something else to exercise their Off Season Football "Chubby" with than the NFL Draft. An event that is only actually a "Big Deal" on its first day. The other 2 days the ratings plummet drastically.

Are you sure that the pro bowl is part of the NFL's OFF SEASON? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:49 pm 

Fishing and hiking is pretty fun. Though, last time I went hiking it was at rocky mountain National Park. At over 11k feet too mind you. Unbelievable views. You just can't imagine that kind of beauty. The day before, we were sitting on an overlook not 20 feet from a big fuckin ram just standing ledge as we were watching a momma moose wading in a lake below with her babies. It was pretty damn cool. Also last time I went fishing was pretty awesome too, but we had a charter so I didn't have to do much but haul in fish. But it's a fun fight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:52 pm 

Brick wrote:
That's really cool that the Eastern and Western conference finals can outdraw the average of about 16 hours of NFL draft coverage but not the first 4 hours of it. It really helps your point.

I'm a little disappointed that the "crown jewel" of the NFL's Off Season barely outdraws a 2nd round series between the Sacramento Kings and the Utah Jazz. I would have expected a lot more given the level of "exuberance" shown towards football around here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:52 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Are you sure that the pro bowl is part of the NFL's OFF SEASON? Just Asking A Question

I mean... it's certainly not like the MLB and NBA or NHL all star games mid season. It's in a dead week... when everyone is talking about the super bowl. Yeah. I think it's same to say it's pretty close sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:56 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Fishing and hiking is pretty fun.
So is watching the Vegas Summer League. I'm a hoops fan. I doubt if MOFO or you are thus I would never expect you to get it. When I want to do outdoors things I ride my bike on the the lake towards "Chicago's Booming Downtown Area", "hoop in the park", or take my speakers in the park and call up my people and play music all day. We also do impromptu barbecues as well whenever the mood strikes. Sitting out in the middle of nowhere throwing a fishing pole for fish I never plan to cook seems boring as shit. But then "that's just me". And hiking wouldn't do much more for me either.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:58 pm 

Darkside wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I mean... it's certainly not like the MLB and NBA or NHL all star games mid season. It's in a dead week... when everyone is talking about the super bowl. Yeah. I think it's same to say it's pretty close sure.

Every All Star game happens during a "dead week" though. I think that they moved it to the week before the Super Bowl because there was such a lack of interest in it that they had to do something in order to spice it up.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:58 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
So is watching the Vegas Summer League. I'm a hoops fan. I doubt if MOFO or you are thus I would never expect you to get it. When I want to do outdoors things I ride my bike on the the lake towards "Chicago's Booming Downtown Area", "hoop in the park", or take my speakers in the park and call up my people and play music all day. We also do impromptu barbecues as well whenever the mood strikes. Sitting out in the middle of nowhere throwing a fishing pole for fish I never plan to cook seems boring as shit. But then "that's just me". And hiking wouldn't do much more for me either.

You’re overselling it, couch potato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
What has this thread become? Just Asking a Question.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:59 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
So is watching the Vegas Summer League. I'm a hoops fan. I doubt if MOFO or you are thus I would never expect you to get it. When I want to do outdoors things I ride my bike on the the lake towards "Chicago's Booming Downtown Area" "hoop in the park" or take my speakers in the park and call up my people and play music all day. Sitting out in the middle of nowhere throwing a fishing pole for fish I never plan to cook seems boring as shit. But then "that's just me". And hiking wouldn't do much more for me either.

Cool. The world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:01 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Don't you have a stock to sniff?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:04 pm 

Darkside wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Darkside wrote:
So is watching the Vegas Summer League. I'm a hoops fan. I doubt if MOFO or you are thus I would never expect you to get it. When I want to do outdoors things I ride my bike on the the lake towards "Chicago's Booming Downtown Area" "hoop in the park" or take my speakers in the park and call up my people and play music all day. Sitting out in the middle of nowhere throwing a fishing pole for fish I never plan to cook seems boring as shit. But then "that's just me". And hiking wouldn't do much more for me either.

Cool. The world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you may not be right for some.

What You Talking Bout Darko? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Don't you have a stock to sniff?

Market's closed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:11 pm 

LOL yeah ok riveting. Go on a hike or a bike ride or fishing or something

Most Apropos given the audience involved don't you think? Just Asking A Question
:lol: :lol: :lol:
First of all, who's your A&R?
A mountain climber who plays an electric guitar?
But he don't know the meanin' of dope
When he's lookin' for a suit-and-tie-rap
That's cleaner than a bar of soap

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank's T Time Saturday Golf Outings
no doubt this would get higher ratings than the NBA Summer League

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:17 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

There are also more people in Vegas Summer League games than there are in some of those White Sox games which you so eagerly rush in to pay for. #Truth

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:25 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

There are also more people in Vegas Summer League games than there are in some of those White Sox games which you so eagerly rush in to pay for. #Truth

I remember going to pre draft camps at UIC and sitting down next to Frank Layden. "Hiya Frank. Who you got your eye on?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:47 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I remember going to pre draft camps at UIC and sitting down next to Frank Layden. "Hiya Frank. Who you got your eye on?"

Were there more Gms at the UIC pre draft camp than there are golfers at one of Tee Time Frank's Saturday Golf Outings? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:57 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
# of people at April White Sox games > # of people watching NBA summer league

Also # people watching off season out of town potential NFL players sprint, do pull ups, and lift weights > # of people watching some NBA games :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Coverage of the NFL Combine averaged a 0.17 rating and 267,000 viewers on NFL Network, down 3% in viewership from last year. Last Saturday’s window, which included the quarterback, wide receiver and tight end workouts, was the top draw with a 0.24 (-8%) and 389,000 (-4%).

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:11 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Also # people watching off season out of town potential NFL players sprint, do pull ups, and lift weights > # of people watching some NBA games :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Coverage of the NFL Combine averaged a 0.17 rating and 267,000 viewers on NFL Network, down 3% in viewership from last year. Last Saturday’s window, which included the quarterback, wide receiver and tight end workouts, was the top draw with a 0.24 (-8%) and 389,000 (-4%).

NBA Summer League Easily Trounced those measly numbers
Quote:
NBA Summer League up on ESPN
NBA Summer League games averaged 601,000 viewers on ESPN (not including ESPN2 or ESPNU), up 35% from last year, but down 23% from 2017 (783K).

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:25 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Quote:

NBA Summer League Easily Trounced those measly numbers
Quote:
NBA Summer League up on ESPN
NBA Summer League games averaged 601,000 viewers on ESPN (not including ESPN2 or ESPNU), up 35% from last year, but down 23% from 2017 (783K).

You keep on comparing ESPN and NFL Network. It's not a fair comparison. ESPN can put on cornhole and get big tv ratings compared to most cable.

NBA Summer League games on NBA TV average about 68k viewers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:10 pm 

Brick wrote:
You keep on comparing ESPN and NFL Network. It's not a fair comparison. ESPN can put on cornhole and get big tv ratings compared to most cable.

If "Off Season NFL Football" were nearly the draw that you continue to intimate that it is then wouldn't it behoove ESPN to show much more of it than it already does? Just Asking A Question.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:17 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

If "Off Season NFL Football" were nearly the draw that you continue to intimate that it is then wouldn't it behoove ESPN to show much more of it than it already does? Just Asking A Question.

I don't get your question. ESPN programs NFL football nearly year round. There just isn't always a lot of things going on. If there was an NFL summer league they'd be all over it but it doesn't really work for football. They are going to be doing 43 XFL games this year between ABC, ESPN, and FX.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:44 pm 

Brick wrote:
I don't get your question. ESPN programs NFL football nearly year round.
Ok since it does then you should have no problem with finding something on ESPN which outdraws the NBA Summer League.[/quote]
Brick wrote:
There just isn't always a lot of things going on.

Which validates my original point regarding "level of interest".
Brick wrote:
If there was an NFL summer league they'd be all over it but it doesn't really work for football.

Speculation.
Brick wrote:
They are going to be doing 43 XFL games this year between ABC, ESPN, and FX.

Still isn't "OFF SEASON NFL"

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 40  Next