It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
I enjoy listening to music but have little knowledge of it. It just doesn't interest me. I could name one member of the Stones and the Who combined.

Gotta problem with it? Come at me, bruh.

Hah me too....us insurance guys.

I'd bet a LOT of money that if you guys needed to save your families by naming more than one member of the Stones/Who you could do it.

I couldn't name one member of the Who or any song they have ever produced. I think I know the lead singer of the Stones, but I had to think about it.

I literally know nothing about music. My Spotify playlist has more Rocky songs than any other album and simply because I use it for running.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
I couldn't name one member of the Who or any song they have ever produced.

This is very difficult to believe coming from an American man in his 40s.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I had to think about it as I was never a huge Who fan but once it clicked I wanted to kick myself. You should easily get two from both bands if you are over 40, especially the Stones.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:

This is very difficult to believe coming from an American man in his 40s.

Unfortunately, my talents and interests are in a very defined range. If I don't care about something,. I literally spend zero time thinking about it. I don't mind listening to music, but I don't even have a favorite band. I have only been to three concerts in my life, and only one of them was a group I enjoyed, Smashing Pumpkins.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:45 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I had to think about it as I was never a huge Who fan but once it clicked I wanted to kick myself. You should easily get two from both bands if you are over 40, especially the Stones.

I was once helping a carpenter with building a shed. The guy was a friend from church, and we were working at someone else's house. He asked me to go grab some type of wrench from his tool box, and I had no clue what tool he was talking about. He wondered how someone my age could not know what he was talking about.. My reply- I asked him at what income level do Traditional IRA contributions start to phase out for deductibility for married couples.

He looked back at me and described the wrench.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hey Dennis,

On the stream they are playing a promo spot for a escape vacation with the country duo Big and Rich to the Hard Rock, Punta Cana. Enjoy your trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:51 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Hey Dennis,

On the stream they are playing a promo spot for a escape vacation with the country duo Big and Rich to the Hard Rock, Punta Cana. Enjoy your trip.

We should have a great time but it won't be because of country music! I'd say cheap beer and margaritas, early and often.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:12 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

I was once helping a carpenter with building a shed. The guy was a friend from church, and we were working at someone else's house. He asked me to go grab some type of wrench from his tool box, and I had no clue what tool he was talking about. He wondered how someone my age could not know what he was talking about.. My reply- I asked him at what income level do Traditional IRA contributions start to phase out for deductibility for married couples.

I know when I was growing up that I would always help my dad with his Traditional IRA contribution deductibility level. That carpenter was a dumbass and good for you for putting him in his place!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

I know when I was growing up that I would always help my dad with his Traditional IRA contribution deductibility level. That carpenter was a dumbass and good for you for putting him in his place!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Well, my mom wasn't much of a carpenter, and I grew up in a single parent household.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I would have been a smart ass and responded filing separate or Joint.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:27 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Well, my mom wasn't much of a carpenter, and I grew up in a single parent household.
All the more impressive you were able to get the extremely common knowledge that is Traditional IRA contribution deductibility level!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Nice job, Rick!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:37 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Nice job, Rick!
Well, I didn't learn about Traditional IRA contribution deductibility level as a kid so I guess it all balances out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
I enjoy listening to music but have little knowledge of it. It just doesn't interest me. I could name one member of the Stones and the Who combined.

You couldn't come up with Jagger or Townshend?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I said I could name one. Jagger. No to whoever the second guy is... is he the one who Dennis dressed down while building a shed?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:

You know the "doodleoodleoodleoodle" song, which is "Baba O'Riley," and the "meet the new boss same as the old boss/YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" song, which is "Won't Get Fooled Again." You may also know the one that goes "whoooooooo are you," which is "Who Are You" from the 1978 album Who Are You.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:47 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
No to whoever the second guy is... is he the one who Dennis dressed down while building a shed?

He's the guy who downloads gigabytes of c**** p*** for "research."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:48 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I said I could name one. Jagger. No to whoever the second guy is... is he the one who Dennis dressed down while building a shed?
Townshend was the guy who did a guest appearance on The Simpsons when they built the wall.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:49 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You know the "doodleoodleoodleoodle" song, which is "Baba O'Riley," and the "meet the new boss same as the old boss/YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" song, which is "Won't Get Fooled Again." You may also know the one that goes "whoooooooo are you," which is "Who Are You" from the 1978 album Who Are You.

Not to speak for Dennis, but I know all those songs. The difference is that I rarely know the names of them or who played them.

It's like the military. I know what a tank looks like, but I couldn't tell you the model or the years it was manufactured like a true historian such as chas could.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:52 pm 

Well, now he can name them! And now I know that IRA contributions gradually lose tax-deductible status.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
This and the Oreo cookie segment had to be some of the worst radio I've been unfortunate enough to hear in a while. Dreadful.

Welcome

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:53 pm 

To be serious for a moment...

It is funny when discussing music with people who are really into music. When they want to talk specifics and eras and bands, I'm pretty clueless, and they act like I'm embarrassingly ignorant. Movie-lovers are similar but to a lesser degree.

I just always enjoyed mental outlets that were interactive. Video games, sports, chess, reading... I always had trouble just sitting and enjoying something passively. Background, sure... but enjoying music in the background doesn't typically make you one of those people who loves the history, the people, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:55 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Not to speak for Dennis, but I know all those songs. The difference is that I rarely know the names of them or who played them.

It's like the military. I know what a tank looks like, but I couldn't tell you the model or the years it was manufactured like a true historian such as chas could.

Well, now you're talking about things my mom taught me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:56 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, now he can name them! And now I know that IRA contributions gradually lose tax-deductible status.

Put our brains together, and we'd rule the world!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:24 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
they act like I'm embarrassingly ignorant.
...and they haven't seen you cook!

Seriously though, people do get really into a subject and most of it is fairly useless information anyways. Basically, if I can get the answer in the first result of google then it isn't that impressive you know it.

That is why I prefer to be an expert on all subjects rather than just a few.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Heck, even self-professed Who expert Hub Arkush thinks the song name of Baba O'Riley is "Teenage Wasteland."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
denisdman wrote:
I couldn't name one member of the Who or any song they have ever produced. I think I know the lead singer of the Stones, but I had to think about it.

Bernstein vibe.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:09 pm 

Jaggers and Richards obviously

I think I starteed knowing Ronnie Wood a few years ago

Townshend and Daltry are transcendent names.

I don't see how people could miss the press over the death of Jon Entwistle or the Keith Moon legends

Denis, just curious how many members can you name from

Wu Tang Clan
N.W.A.
Smashing Pumpkins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Curious Shark

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next