It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:
I'm starting to think Spiegel is referring to Mulligan as the biggest A-Hole at the station. Mully seems kind of sensitive, and I don't think they've had one Transition in 8 years.

You're probably right. Maybe like 10 years ago or so, when Mully was a sub, he got into a heated argument with Terry during transition. Terry was making fun of soccer and the dopes that like soccer. Well, Mully is one of those dopes so he went off on Terry.

Mully strikes me as a guy with a real quick temper. Somebody that can't take being criticized or messed with even if you're doing it in a fun way.

I remember that very segment. Mully got super cunty and his voice was quivering with anger. Then he pouted. It was awkward and Terry couldn't have cared less.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 am 
1000 CLUB

DannyB wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:
I'm starting to think Spiegel is referring to Mulligan as the biggest A-Hole at the station. Mully seems kind of sensitive, and I don't think they've had one Transition in 8 years.

You're probably right. Maybe like 10 years ago or so, when Mully was a sub, he got into a heated argument with Terry during transition. Terry was making fun of soccer and the dopes that like soccer. Well, Mully is one of those dopes so he went off on Terry.

Mully strikes me as a guy with a real quick temper. Somebody that can't take being criticized or messed with even if you're doing it in a fun way.

I remember that very segment. Mully got super cunty and his voice was quivering with anger. Then he pouted. It was awkward and Terry couldn't have cared less.

I remember thinking it was a little weird as well. So what if he makes fun of soccer and soccer fans? It's Terry. That's something you just let roll off your back. Like you said, he was angry as hell.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:43 am 

pizza_Place: Benny's
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It seems really likely that Spiegs knows he is playing out his contract.

I sense the same thing. He is lashing out in many small ways. Honestly, the parting might be mutual....

Idk really. Do you think Spiegs has a equal paying better option right now in radio or other?

I heard Meatpants on xrt today, he had a pet shop commercial.. Dude had the Kars for kids jingle for a few years and feldco..I imagine he makes more on the jingles than at the score.

Waitaminute...Spiegs is responsible for the Kars for Kids jingle? Or did he just record a version of it? This would explain so much.

If he goes, can we get a new Score Cubs song?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatti's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

When is that glorious day/month coming??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I was finally in town and in my car at 9am on a weekday, so I tried to listen to these two mopes. I couldn't even make it to the first commercial break. Absolutely horrible, joking about how they have no chemistry but having no chemistry even in that joke.

Automatic PTFB for me now. I'll go national (LeBatard or Patrick) or music or news on Bloomberg before i waste any brain cells on those two fools again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Danny's
:lol: :lol:
sinicalypse wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I sense the same thing. He is lashing out in many small ways. Honestly, the parting might be mutual....

He can always fall back on a career as a wedding singer.

"Be on the lookout next month when Tributosaurus becomes an alkening functionholic!"

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
spmack wrote:
Hey blackhawksfan or hatersgonnahate, who's the biggest asshole at The Score not named Dan Bernstein?

Well, when you have someone come in and start boasting on day one about how great they are, it's reeally pretty easy to guess who it is. Sometimes it's better to learn the trade quietly instead of making enemies in your first couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

hatersgonhate wrote:
spmack wrote:
Hey blackhawksfan or hatersgonnahate, who's the biggest asshole at The Score not named Dan Bernstein?

Well, when you have someone come in and start boasting on day one about how great they are, it's reeally pretty easy to guess who it is. Sometimes it's better to learn the trade quietly instead of making enemies in your first couple of weeks.

So it's Parkins? I don't think so. Did he really start boasting on day one?

I think it's either Mully or drinky that Spiegel hates the most. Maybe a tie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:38 pm 

I just heard a commercial for Parkins that only mentioned Spiegel because of the name of the show and it mentioned that Parkins was on it.

Fascinating dynamic here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Is he still referred to as "Chicago's very own?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:58 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Also shows how management feels about Rozner. Keep doing the McGowan voice, asshole.

:lol:

Seriously I think he's pretty good outside of that schtick. Unfortunately he let that become 75% of the whole act.

Thanks, Bernstein!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:04 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

Years later transition with Mac and Spiegel ended abruptly after Mac called Mully and Anglophile

That's just Mully though. He's won me over. M amd H is a quality product