It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hey blackhawksfan or hatersgonnahate, who's the biggest asshole at The Score not named Dan Bernstein?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It seems really likely that Spiegs knows he is playing out his contract.

I sense the same thing. He is lashing out in many small ways. Honestly, the parting might be mutual....

He can always fall back on a career as a wedding singer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I sense the same thing. He is lashing out in many small ways. Honestly, the parting might be mutual....

Idk really. Do you think Spiegs has a equal paying better option right now in radio or other?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Idk really. Do you think Spiegs has a equal paying better option right now in radio or other?

Probably not, unless that rumored startup sports talk station has big-money backing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
He could always take TributeASauros national?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:45 pm 

Parkins just said that Wade was a better all time basketball player than Barkley. Not so sure on that...

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
Parkins just said that Wade was a better all time basketball player than Barkley. Not so sure on that...

I wouldn't say that, but it's not a ridiculous argument.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

McNeil and Parkins, middays!

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I wouldn't say that, but it's not a ridiculous argument.

Not ridiculous but he said it so matter of fact. Not even close to a cut and dry conclusion.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Caller Bob wrote:
He could always take TributeASauros national?

As an aside, why would I go see Tributo become the Beatles when American English does such a superior job (IMHO).

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:06 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
spmack wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I am not sure why he wouldn't answer the biggest asshole one. Everyone knows his answer is bernsie. Not like it is some major surprise

I took that as someone in management, but Brogue thinking it could be DiCaro is rather interesting. If this bit continues (which I doubt), I may have to call in a question about DiCaro.

Bernsie is the obvious answer, but DiCaro is a certainly the dark heifer candidate.

There's no fucking way any of those guys that work there ( other than maybe pussboy Zawaski) can stand having her around. I mean cmon, if any of us had a coworker that carries on like she does they'd be the most despised person at their job. Like Beardown has opined many times , now they all have to watch what they say every minute lest they be subject to her bullshit ( though as evidenced several times , she won't take them to task anyway )

She's cataloguing it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:10 pm 

Meatpants was a very good producer who has had a job in the industry for 20+ years continuously. I'm sure he would find work. Also, he has the perfect temperament to be a host at a radio station that plays obscure rock music.

I kind of got the feeling he came from money but do not know that to be true.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
I'm starting to think Spiegel is referring to Mulligan as the biggest A-Hole at the station. Mully seems kind of sensitive, and I don't think they've had one Transition in 8 years.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He can always fall back on a career as a wedding singer.

"Be on the lookout next month when Tributosaurus becomes an alkening functionholic!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
spmack wrote:
I'm starting to think Spiegel is referring to Mulligan as the biggest A-Hole at the station. Mully seems kind of sensitive, and I don't think they've had one Transition in 8 years.

I could see this.

I also feel how unhappy he is with his partner. It comes across so transparently.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:

You're probably right. Maybe like 10 years ago or so, when Mully was a sub, he got into a heated argument with Terry during transition. Terry was making fun of soccer and the dopes that like soccer. Well, Mully is one of those dopes so he went off on Terry.

Mully strikes me as a guy with a real quick temper. Somebody that can't take being criticized or messed with even if you're doing it in a fun way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

They tried to do transition with Spiegel and Mac. Mac made some wise crack, Mully didn't like it and stormed off. That was the end of transition. I think it lasted 3 days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:31 pm 

Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

You're probably right. Maybe like 10 years ago or so, when Mully was a sub, he got into a heated argument with Terry during transition. Terry was making fun of soccer and the dopes that like soccer. Well, Mully is one of those dopes so he went off on Terry.

Mully strikes me as a guy with a real quick temper. Somebody that can't take being criticized or messed with even if you're doing it in a fun way.

So that's why he didn't show up at Terry's party. What a pud. Even Mike North showed up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

So that's why he didn't show up at Terry's party. What a pud. Even Mike North showed up.

I always got the sense that Mully doesn't like anyone at the station. His morning show is tonally so different than anything else they have. That's probably a good thing though as what they have now on the station is pure shit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
RFDC wrote:

A lot of people forget just how amazing Charles Barkley was. He's easily one of the greatest scorers and rebounders of all time. His dominance in the post at that height (about 6'5") is absolutely incredible. He was completely unstoppable in his prime.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:59 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

I always got the sense that Mully doesn't like anyone at the station. His morning show is tonally so different than anything else they have. That's probably a good thing though as what they have now on the station is pure shit.

Hanley showed up. Even though I think he's a marginal host, Brian Hanley strikes me as a good dude, IMO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Hanley showed up. Even though I think he's a marginal host, Brian Hanley strikes me as a good dude, IMO

Of course he is.

West Sider, Irish and a Friar.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

He was sick. Wasn't at work the previous two days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Did Parkins admit he wanted a different one too?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Peoria Matt wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:
spmack wrote:

He was sick with the gastro-intestinal scotch flu. Wasn't at work the previous two days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:07 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Parkins is a guy with a voice for radio. Sounds smooth. This pairing with Spiegs is a short term gig to get him his own gig or a better partner than Fatpants. Parkins is better now than Feldco singer on his first day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I heard Meatpants on xrt today, he had a pet shop commercial.. Dude had the Kars for kids jingle for a few years and feldco..I imagine he makes more on the jingles than at the score.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 am 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I heard Meatpants on xrt today, he had a pet shop commercial.. Dude had the Kars for kids jingle for a few years and feldco..I imagine he makes more on the jingles than at the score.

No. He talked about it once. He got one payment for making the feldco jingle. They own it. No residuals. I assume it's the same for cars for kids.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:27 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course he is.

West Sider, Irish and a Friar.

No west side, he's from oak park.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 am 

Beardown wrote:
312player wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

No. He talked about it once. He got one payment for making the feldco jingle. They own it. No residuals. I assume it's the same for cars for kids.

He cut a bad deal then, I heard a guy on Stern years back. He said the jingles are huge dough and you get a residual every time they play it.