It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do they hate each other?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:12 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I've heard a lot of personal shots and uncomfortable moments from both guys. Mac touched on it on the CFMB Podcast a little. Most of it is Spiegel being a complete asshole.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 am 

Nas wrote:
I've heard a lot of personal shots and uncomfortable moments from both guys. Mac touched on it on the CFMB Podcast a little. Most of it is Spiegel being a complete asshole.
The Score has commercials for Parkins that only mention Spiegel at the end by saying "Listen to Danny Parkins on the Spiegel and Parkins Show".

Spiegel either knows he is just finishing out his contract or he is dumb for being adversarial because Spiegel wasn't consulted about hiring Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Spiegel is butthurt because one of the dopes from the boyquarium or that idiot Zawaski weren't made his new partner, in all likelihood.

But fuck it. Who cares. The show is garbage. The whole station is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think Spiegel dislikes Parkins and Parkins doesn't dislike Spiegel but also doesn't really respect him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
The Score has commercials for Parkins that only mention Spiegel at the end by saying "Listen to Danny Parkins on the Spiegel and Parkins Show".

Spiegel either knows he is just finishing out his contract or he is dumb for being adversarial because Spiegel wasn't consulted about hiring Parkins.

I can understand being upset but there really isn't a reason to attack the new guy.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

I can understand being upset but there really isn't a reason to attack the new guy.

Insecurity is the reason. It's been an issue for Spiegel since he's been at the Score.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

Insecurity is the reason. It's been an issue for Spiegel since he's been at the Score.

Mac said as much.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 am 

Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:

I agree but it isn't surprising.

He may be coming in every day to talk to his replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I think Spiegel dislikes Parkins and Parkins doesn't dislike Spiegel but also doesn't really respect him.

I think Big Perp is angry that Parkins came in swinging right away and didn't really cede to him at all as the "established " part of the show .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Spiegel would have disliked anyone who was younger than him and better than him. He is an insecure bitch and always has been. He would only be happy with a complete rube or a mentor-type like Mac.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Parkins doesn't care about Spiegel at all. Which infuriates Spiegel all the more.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:38 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
They might want to update the video stream -

670 THE SCORE
Watch Spiegel and Goff take mid-day sports talk to a whole new level - live from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. CT!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
leashyourkids wrote:
Spiegel would have disliked anyone who was younger than him and better than him. He is an insecure bitch and always has been. He would only be happy with a complete rube or a mentor-type like Mac.

Speigel almost always sounds smarmy and condescending to me, even when he likely has no intention of doing so. It's just something about his tone of voice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:57 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Speigel almost always sounds smarmy and condescending to me, even when he likely has no intention of doing so. It's just something about his tone of voice.

Yup

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:

Spot on.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes. Spiegel hates Parkins. But Spiegel also hated Goff.

The reason he expresses his hate openly to Parkins is because Parkins is white. He had to do it in a passive aggressive way with Goff because he knew Goff would take direct hatred as Spiegel being racist.

Spiegel is just a guy that can't play well with others. I don't know why.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
FavreFan wrote:

I wonder if that second part could be expanded a bit with 'because he knows he's going to outlast him at the station'.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I caught the tail end of the segment today about "Grudges", but it was basically...in college somebody ratted Parkins out about work on a project or something in a journalism class, anyhow, he got dropped a whole letter grade in the class, and he admitted he had his "parents involved".

Seriously? In college? Isn't it about time to handle business yourself? I knew he was a sheltered liberal snowflake from the North Shore, but my goodness.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Caller Bob wrote:
I caught the tail end of the segment today about "Grudges", but it was basically...in college somebody ratted Parkins out about work on a project or something in a journalism class, anyhow, he got dropped a whole letter grade in the class, and he admitted he had his "parents involved".

Seriously? In college? Isn't it about time to handle business yourself? I knew he was a sheltered liberal snowflake from the North Shore, but my goodness.

He said it was ridiculous that his parents were involved... I don't think it was his choice.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:21 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He said it was ridiculous that his parents were involved... I don't think it was his choice.

Unless things have changed since I was in college, but there is "No call home" on any type of disciplinary action. You are on your own. At some point he had to go crying to mommy and daddy, maybe they questioned it as it was "check cutting" time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Considering they let Parkins fly solo with Spiegs gone they might have no problem dumping Spiegs before his contract is up and not spending anything extra to replace him. Spiegs is trying to get canned then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
damn it

Last edited by KDdidit on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:23 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Unless things have changed since I was in college, but there is "No call home" on any type of disciplinary action. You are on your own. At some point he had to go crying to mommy and daddy, maybe they questioned it as it was "check cutting" time.

It's possible he bitched about it to his parents and they acted on their own. If that's what happened it's hard to blame him for being a college kid and talking to his parents about school.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:23 pm 

But you can see an even deeper view of where the dislike comes from, I don't think Spiegs comes from much money. If he did he would be bragging about the "Syracuse" or "Duke" degree mommy and daddy bought. I'm sure that causes a ton of resentment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:26 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It's possible he bitched about it to his parents and they acted on their own. If that's what happened it's hard to blame him for being a college kid and talking to his parents about school.

Pretty much the exact thing happened to me, but in a C++ class, not a journalism class. A bunch of us "cooperated" on a program(which wasn't allowed, and that makes even little sense considering it's actually encouraged in the real world industry, but I digress), any whoot, it was found because the source of all our submissions was very similar...I got dropped a grade, still passing. I really didn't involve my folks. It's kind of being an adult thing...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

from what I heard I believe Darkside's version is correct. Parkins clearly indicated his parents were brought in by the school because of the nature of the alleged infraction.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:31 pm 

I wonder if his Dad negotiated his Score contract with Mitch?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:22 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Pretty much the exact thing happened to me, but in a C++ class, not a journalism class. A bunch of us "cooperated" on a program(which wasn't allowed, and that makes even little sense considering it's actually encouraged in the real world industry, but I digress), any whoot, it was found because the source of all our submissions was very similar...I got dropped a grade, still passing. I really didn't involve my folks. It's kind of being an adult thing...
The same thing happened to me. The only difference was I did my work completely and then I "helped someone too much" so the code was similar. I think they dropped it down to a 70% from a 100%. Even the teaching assistant was sympathetic but I think they basically were sending a message to everyone and I got caught up in it. I ended up missing an A in the class by that difference but the professor took pity on me at the end of the year and changed it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
KDdidit wrote:
Considering they let Parkins fly solo with Spiegs gone they might have no problem dumping Spiegs before his contract is up and not spending anything extra to replace him. Spiegs is trying to get canned then.

Like Phil Jackson was advised by his agent before he left LA for the first time:

Never quit [when you are under contract]. Make them fire you.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
But you can see an even deeper view of where the dislike comes from, I don't think Spiegs comes from much money. If he did he would be bragging about the "Syracuse" or "Duke" degree mommy and daddy bought. I'm sure that causes a ton of resentment.

Didn't Spiegel used to run around with the Melendez Brothers, in regards to the "money" comment above?