It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
A 59.2 completion percentage is not the same as 60.8 completions percentage. Go back and take a math class.

I said basically the same. Go back and take a reading comprehension class.

Ok, so you think 59.2% is prohibitively bad and 60.8 isn't. That's fine. Do you expect Cam Newton to be in the NFL next year? Do you think he should be? Is 52.9% prohibitively bad?

At any point you can just admit you were talking out of your ass and just don't like Kaepernick and we can stop.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
A 59.2 completion percentage is not the same as 60.8 completions percentage. Go back and take a math class.

Ok, so you think 59.2% is prohibitively bad and 60.8 isn't. That's fine. Do you expect Cam Newton to be in the NFL next year? Do you think he should be? Is 52.9% prohibitively bad?

At any point you can just admit you were talking out of your ass and just don't like Kaepernick and we can stop.

Yes, clearly I am the only person in the world that thinks Colin Kaepernick is a bad QB. The only one, except oh every other single GM in the NFL that does not want him either. You are quite a savant here. Your posts = Forest Whitaker eye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yes, clearly I am the only person in the world that thinks Colin Kaepernick is a bad QB. The only one, except oh every other single GM in the NFL that does not want him either. You are quite a savant here. Your posts = Forest Whitaker eye

Why can't you answer my Cam Newton questions? Is it because you've been talking out of your ass this entire thread and just realized it?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm 

Yes this past year, it was prohibitively bad for Cam Newton. In other years it wasn't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Yes this past year, it was prohibitively bad for Cam Newton. In other years it wasn't.

Ok, so you don't know what prohibitively means. That clears things up. Good talk.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Kaepernick just donated 50 grand to Meal on Wheels

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Danny's
Kaep is trying to save face at this point with his Meals on Wheels donation but it's pointless.The elderly will still hate his dumb ass!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:30 pm 

Joe Flacco makes how much?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:

With a little luck and a year of experience Glennon can become Flacco. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:36 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

The Jaguars will once again trot Blake fucking Bortles out there as starter this year. But yeah, Kaep isn't good enough to even be a backup. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

The Jaguars will once again trot Blake fucking Bortles out there as starter this year. But yeah, Kaep isn't good enough to even be a backup. :lol:

Come on you have to know all back up spots don't get filled until they are sure they can't get even a slight starter possibility. He will latch on somewhere. Some here would rather have him back up Ben than the crap they have now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Come on you have to know all back up spots don't get filled until they are sure they can't get even a slight starter possibility. He will latch on somewhere. Some here would rather have him back up Ben than the crap they have now.

Yeah, I think he will be signed before August. He's clearly good enough to play in the NFL. None of us are saying the guy who eviscerated the Packers in 2012 is who he actually is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:43 pm 

pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Alot of teams also seek backup QB's that are content in their role and don't want to cause friction in the locker room. I know FavreFan likes to think this is fantasy football, like the fantasy land he lives in, but his knowledge of how actual teams are built, is well, prohibitive.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:45 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Alot of teams also seek backup QB's that are content in their role and don't want to cause friction in the locker room. I know FavreFan likes to think this is fantasy football, like the fantasy land he lives in, but his knowledge of how actual teams are built, is well, prohibitive.

You're changing up your argument now. I said before you did that his off the field stuff is a factor in him not being signed. And then, bizarrely, you claimed that I was wrong and that it was because he wasn't good enough. Now that you know he's clearly good enough to play in the NFL you're going back to what I originally said. So thanks, I guess, for belatedly agreeing with me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Caller Bob wrote:
pittmike wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Matt Moore from the Dolphins is one of these guys. Could start for at least ten teams but stays in Miami to spell RT and stays out of the way. He is better than Cutler also IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:10 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: he is unemployed right now. That is all the data you need. I said nothing about his past or his future. Right now he is bad at football. That is a fact.

It's not a fact. It's an opinion, and a baseless one. He played well on arguably the least talented team in football last year. He would almost certainly be on a team right now if not for the stupid Anthem controversy. I don't feel bad for him because he had to know this was a possible consequence, but yeah there's no evidence from last season that he's bad at football, and he's not unemployed right now because of football reasons.

None?

You sure you want to step out that far?

I'll give you some stats that say he compares favorably to Brock Osweiler and Trevor Simien.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:14 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Do you know what the word prohibitively means? Clearly not.

But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do know what it means. Is Jameis Winston's completion % prohibitively bad? What's the major difference between him and Kaep's completion %?

:lol: You're pretty bad at this.

The difference is that one player is in his second season and one was in his sixth. If it was Jameis' sixth season, he would have been benched for Glennon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:16 am 

Colin is a good to very good quarterback when he is coached by Jim Harbaugh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Drag's
denisdman wrote:
I dig her voice, very raspy. They purposely make her look ragged in the mini series (single poor mom), but then there are scenes where she is dressed up.

Have to admit that I look forward to the post-rape running on the beach flashback every episode.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 am 

DannyB wrote:
denisdman wrote:
I dig her voice, very raspy. They purposely make her look ragged in the mini series (single poor mom), but then there are scenes where she is dressed up.

Have to admit that I look forward to the post-rape running on the beach flashback every episode.

Am I seeing things or does her nip pop out during that run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
she goes t0pless in some other flick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:45 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do know what it means. Is Jameis Winston's completion % prohibitively bad? What's the major difference between him and Kaep's completion %?

The difference is that one player is in his second season and one was in his sixth. If it was Jameis' sixth season, he would have been benched for Glennon.

That's fine. Use Cam Newton then. Or Fitzpatrick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: he is unemployed right now. That is all the data you need. I said nothing about his past or his future. Right now he is bad at football. That is a fact.

It's not a fact. It's an opinion, and a baseless one. He played well on arguably the least talented team in football last year. He would almost certainly be on a team right now if not for the stupid Anthem controversy. I don't feel bad for him because he had to know this was a possible consequence, but yeah there's no evidence from last season that he's bad at football, and he's not unemployed right now because of football reasons.

None?

I'll give you some stats that say he compares favorably to Brock Osweiler and Trevor Simien.

Give them. Matt Moore is better. Yes or no. Stats not an option. Answer the Question. Fuck Cutler sideways on a stick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:03 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

That's fine. Use Cam Newton then. Or Fitzpatrick.

Cam's season was an anomaly in his career so far. Fitzpatrick is horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 am 

Scooter wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

None?

Give them. Matt Moore is better. Yes or no. Stats not an option. Answer the Question. Fuck Cutler sideways on a stick.

The heroin epidemic has spread to rural illinois

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... ta+twitter

Why sign Josh McCown over Colin Kaepernick? -- @greenflash78

As expected, Kaepernick's ongoing unemployment has been a hot-button topic. Some folks believe that the quarterback's political stances have precluded him from finding a job. Although it's naïve to think that these factors haven't played some sort of role, the football reality is that he's not a scheme fit for the majority of teams in the league. He also hasn't been a very good quarterback in the past three seasons. It's not shocking that teams aren't clamoring for a 29-year-old zone-read signal caller with an 11-24 record as a starter (and litany of injuries/surgeries) since 2014.

From an X's and O's standpoint, a coaching staff would have to tailor its system to Kaepernick's strengths. How many teams are willing to go all-in with a read-option system?

So, forget about starting. That's not going to happen. The next piece to this story centers on whether it makes sense for a team to have a backup quarterback who never evolved into a conventional pocket passer, on the roster. Why would you sign a backup quarterback who doesn't fit your scheme? (Coaches don't radically alter their offenses for a backup unless it's an emergency).

Geno Smith, for all his faults, is much better suited to be a drop-back quarterback in a conventional pro-style offense than Kaepernick. The Seahawks seem to be scheme fit. If Russell Wilson were to go down, I could think of worse backup options that Kaepernick. But Seattle isn't interested.

From a purely football perspective, Kaepernick, frankly, has nobody to blame but himself for the lack of interest in his services. He never developed into a pocket passer after catching the league off guard in his first couple seasons. He never evolved as a pocket passer like Wilson did. If you watched Kaepernick play the past few years, you'd know that he just isn't very good.

There is no racial component to this story, either. Tim Tebow suffered the same fate as Kaepernick. Teams would have had to scrap their offense and build a new scheme for Tebow, because he simply couldn't thrive in a conventional system. Sprinkle in the Tebow circus and it just wasn't worth it for general managers and coaches.

The truth is that teams would be amenable to putting up with just about any off-field issue if the player is good enough. Tebow and Kaepernick aren't good enough on the field.

That brings me to the Jets. The feeling on One Jets Drive was that Kaepernick's skill set wasn't a fit with new offensive coordinator John Morton's West Coast system.

I'm also not sure Woody Johnson, a chief GOP fundraiser, would be thrilled with bringing in a player who has repeatedly been critical of Donald Trump in the past. Johnson is slated to work for the Trump Administration, for Pete sakes.

He's right with Kaepernick's skill set not fitting most systems, but Tim Tebow is not the best comparison. Kaepernick is a way better player.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Colin Kapernick is worse than Jay Cutler. That is why he has not yet been signed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:25 am 

Yea, but not prohibitivly worse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-mailbag-no-love-kaepernick-benefit-0-16-article-1.3006484?utm_content=buffer77876&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Why sign Josh McCown over Colin Kaepernick? -- @greenflash78

As expected, Kaepernick's ongoing unemployment has been a hot-button topic. Some folks believe that the quarterback's political stances have precluded him from finding a job. Although it's naïve to think that these factors haven't played some sort of role, the football reality is that he's not a scheme fit for the majority of teams in the league. He also hasn't been a very good quarterback in the past three seasons. It's not shocking that teams aren't clamoring for a 29-year-old zone-read signal caller with an 11-24 record as a starter (and litany of injuries/surgeries) since 2014.

From an X's and O's standpoint, a coaching staff would have to tailor its system to Kaepernick's strengths. How many teams are willing to go all-in with a read-option system?

So, forget about starting. That's not going to happen. The next piece to this story centers on whether it makes sense for a team to have a backup quarterback who never evolved into a conventional pocket passer, on the roster. Why would you sign a backup quarterback who doesn't fit your scheme? (Coaches don't radically alter their offenses for a backup unless it's an emergency).

Geno Smith, for all his faults, is much better suited to be a drop-back quarterback in a conventional pro-style offense than Kaepernick. The Seahawks seem to be scheme fit. If Russell Wilson were to go down, I could think of worse backup options that Kaepernick. But Seattle isn't interested.

From a purely football perspective, Kaepernick, frankly, has nobody to blame but himself for the lack of interest in his services. He never developed into a pocket passer after catching the league off guard in his first couple seasons. He never evolved as a pocket passer like Wilson did. If you watched Kaepernick play the past few years, you'd know that he just isn't very good.

It's like the NY Daily News read my post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
He's become a hero to some for a protest so pathetic that it ended as soon as he became a free agent. So he protested the US government with Obama in office, and dropped it when Trump became president.

As for his skills at quarterback, if anyone watched him during the Bears game last season there would be no question. He literally quit during it. I've never seen a worst performance from a NFL quarterback, and that's saying something considering I've watched the Bears.

Maybe teams are shying away from him because of the protest, but I doubt it. They are happy to sign wife beaters and drug addicts, but his protest scares them off? If people thought he could play they would sign him. The DiCaro types are out of control on him:

https://theundefeated.com/features/coli ... from-what/

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next