It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5/1: Ambush Interview
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
They are interviewing Adam Shaheen's college coach and Parkins asked him about two politically-themed tweets Shaheen made when he was 19. Parkins said they were a story here in Chicago over the weekend (I didn't hear anything about them on the radio or on TV) and the coach said was surprised at the question as he was not aware of the tweets. He then went on to spend more time that she should have explaining that Shaneen is a good guy, got along with everyone in their diverse locker room etc., etc. That question completely derailed the interview.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
They are interviewing Adam Shaheen's college coach and Parkins asked him about two politically-themed tweets Shaheen made when he was 19. Parkins said they were a story here in Chicago over the weekend (I didn't hear anything about them on the radio or on TV) and the coach said was surprised at the question as he was not aware of the tweets. He then went on to spend more time that she should have explaining that Shaneen is a good guy, got along with everyone in their diverse locker room etc., etc. That question completely derailed the interview.

It was a VERY odd interview. They asked about who he would compare to and the coach starting talking about Jason Taylor, Orlando Pace, and Ricky Dudley. Didn't answer the question. I would of went over his strengths and weaknesses and asked is he coachable. Wonder what numbnuts lined this up?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I jumped out of the car right after the interview started, I did hear the coach say he was stunned his own guy got drafted in the 2nd, :lol: fuckin pace, smh.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 am 

Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It was a VERY odd interview. They asked about who he would compare to and the coach starting talking about Jason Taylor, Orlando Pace, and Ricky Dudley. Didn't answer the question. I would of went over his strengths and weaknesses and asked is he coachable. Wonder what numbnuts lined this up?

I thought the coach said that Jason Taylor and Orlando Pace worked with Shaheen to help him improve his skills, or did I misunderstand? I think Rickey Dudley came up because while the Ashland coach was on the OSU staff he convinced Dudley to quit basketball and play football instead, and they were talking about Shaheen's basketball playing days.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:01 am 

312player wrote:
I jumped out of the car right after the interview started, I did hear the coach say he was stunned his own guy got drafted in the 2nd, :lol: fuckin pace, smh.

1st.......his coach said he wasn't a 2nd rder. Then....said he was a steal.......I starting laughing in the car!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I thought the coach said that Jason Taylor and Orlando Pace worked with Shaheen to help him improve his skills, or did I misunderstand? I think Rickey Dudley came up because while the Ashland coach was on the OSU staff he convinced Dudley to quit basketball and play football instead, and they were talking about Shaheen's basketball playing days.

I am not saying that I 100% was engaged, so you might be right. I thought he was saying that he coached those 2 up, and changed Dudley and Taylor from basketball to football. I thought he was tooting his own horn.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:10 am 

Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I am not saying that I 100% was engaged, so you might be right. I thought he was saying that he coached those 2 up, and changed Dudley and Taylor from basketball to football. I thought he was tooting his own horn.

I wasn't listening very closely to the entire interview, either, so you might be right.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I wasn't listening very closely to the entire interview, either, so you might be right.

I swear it was like having some position coach on, who didn't know how to speak.

I didn't understand why he brought those guys up. Only 1 player played TE. This guy is not a 2nd rd talent.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:46 am 

Good stuff with Ian Rappaport.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
312player wrote:

:lol:

To rock my soul