It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5/10: Cokeheads Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tuned in around 10:20 or so and they guys are talking about marijuana use by football players. Parkins doesn't understand why fans care if athletes smoke pot. Speigel said people who abuse it can become apathetic about things, including their job, and fans might not like that. They briefly got into drug testing at work as they are apparently not tested at WSCR. Speigel said an employer might care if an employee was a cokehead. Parkins said that was an invasion of privacy. Speigel seemed surprised that he thought an employer should not care if an employee had a cocaine problem.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Wed May 10, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
As long as it doesn't affect their work, it's fine.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in around 10:20 or so and they guys are talking about marijuana use by football players. Parkins doesn't underSHtand why fans care if athletes smoke pot. Speigel said people who abuse it can become apathetic about things, including their job, and fans might not like that. They briefly got into drug testing at work as they are apparently not tested at WSCR. Speigel said an employer might care if an employee was a cokehead. Parkins said that was an invasion of privacy. Speigel seemed surprised that he thought an employer should not care if an employee had a cocaine problem.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:54 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in around 10:20 or so and they guys are talking about marijuana use by football players. Parkins doesn't understand why fans care if athletes smoke pot. Speigel said people who abuse it can become apathetic about things, including their job, and fans might not like that. They briefly got into drug testing at work as they are apparently not tested at WSCR. Speigel said an employer might care if an employee was a cokehead. Parkins said that was an invasion of privacy. Speigel seemed surprised that he thought an employer should not care if an employee had a cocaine problem.

The only cocaine problem is when I run out of cocaine.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Tad Queasy wrote:

Gee... wonder who he is taking a shot at there.

Pretty sure the target of that barb is someone 90% of us would rather listen to than Spiegs.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Guessing they aren't big on grabbing drinks at Ceres...

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

The only cocaine problem is when I run out of cocaine.

This guy gets it.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am not against a good joint but Spiegs is pushing the pain reliever a bit too much. Parkins is more like dudes just want to smoke.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Pretty sure the target of that barb is someone 90% of us would rather listen to than Spiegs.

Assuming Danny Mac?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:48 am 

Someone on Can't Do It asked how many times Speigel has engaged in coitus or fellatio with a concert goer.

Answer: once

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
Someone on Can't Do It asked how many times Speigel has engaged in coitus or fellatio with a concert goer.

Need to nail down a time period on that one.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:55 am 

Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Assuming Danny Mac?

I don't know who else he would be referring to there.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:59 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Assuming Danny Mac?

I know he reads the board, and I really do not want to be or sound disrespectful. I think Danny Mac has other demons, I do not think Mary Jane causes him to be like that.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tad Queasy wrote:

Who do you think he was blowing?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Who do you think he was blowing?

Yer dad.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:15 pm 

Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Assuming Danny Mac?

I know he reads the board, and I really do not want to be or sound disrespectful. I think Danny Mac has other demons, I do not think Mary Jane causes him to be like that.

I respect Danny Mac and really want him back on the air, but when he poured his heart out after returning from one of his hiatuses, he is the one who brought up pot and said it influenced his behavior. I wouldn't have read what I did in Spiegel's statement had Danny Mac not previously brought that up himself.

It's a real dick move from Spiegel too as he is only at 670 because of Danny Mac.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:23 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Assuming Danny Mac?

I respect Danny Mac and really want him back on the air, but when he poured his heart out after returning from one of his hiatuses, he is the one who brought up pot and said it influenced his behavior. I wouldn't have read what I did in Spiegel's statement had Danny Mac not previously brought that up himself.

It's a real dick move from Spiegel too as he is only at 670 because of Danny Mac.

I would say that there is more going on there, meaning a mental illness. He did say he took lamictal(I would assume BPD or Bipolar use), and I am not sure the interaction between the 2 medications.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:26 pm 

Cashman wrote:

I would say that there is more going on there, meaning a mental illness. He did say he took lamictal(I would assume BPD or Bipolar use), and I am not sure the interaction between the 2 medications.

I'm pretty sure at the least he has dealt with depression if not what you mentioned. He has spoken about some of his demons in the past and should be commended for that.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I'm pretty sure at the least he has dealt with depression if not what you mentioned. He has spoken about some of his demons in the past and should be commended for that.

I love me some Danny Mac, I want him back on the air. LOVE his football and Hockey thoughts.

I think Spiegal is a douchebag, and hearing Danny Mac talk about Matty skipping one or 2 of the Stanley Cup games for the Hawks 1st cup a few years ago so he could go do a gig with pathetic.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:18 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:

I don't believe for a second that that guy is pulling as much tail as he apparently gets just hanging around the neighborhood.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:21 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Spiegs is pushing the pain reliever a bit too much.

False.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-pro ... ating-pain

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:24 pm 

Chus wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Spiegs is pushing the pain reliever a bit too much.

False.

https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-pro ... ating-pain

Hey that is good to know. My joints are getting pretty damn old no pun intended. I thought he was just using an angle to bust on the NFL and society being against leaf. I would not have thought that blowing a couple jays was dealing with the pain as well as other drugs like vicodin.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:24 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He has battled depression, as well as addictions to alcohol and opiates. Pot is the last thing that should be blamed.

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Agreed.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: All of them
good dolphin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I don't believe for a second that that guy is pulling as much tail as he apparently gets just hanging around the neighborhood.

DON'T HATE because the BIG MAN gets more pussy and sings better than you do!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:31 pm 

That is possibly true for many people that claim they are addicted to pot or otherwise have a problem with it. While there may not be any physical dependency like say alcohol, nicotine or opiates they may be some psychological issue. It has to be at least considered that some people may "need" pot on a daily basis if for nothing else than to get through other stuff in life.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Der Spiegel Defender wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

DON'T HATE because the BIG MAN gets more pussy and sings better than you do!

OMG, You're the guy who sings the Feldco jingle?? Heres my number!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
I am listening on my phone with a bit of a delay, but I guess what would be about 10 minutes ago, did Spiegs just intimate that Goff goes both ways?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Tuned in around 10:20 or so and they guys are talking about marijuana use by football players. Parkins doesn't understand why fans care if athletes smoke pot. Speigel said people who abuse it can become apathetic about things, including their job, and fans might not like that.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:40 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
I am listening on my phone with a bit of a delay, but I guess what would be about 10 minutes ago, did Spiegs just intimate that Goff goes both ways?

I was only half-listening during transition but that's what it sounded like.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Lotta women looking to blow 350 pound cover band singers?