PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
formerlyknownas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Godfella wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Unscreened callers goes against FCC regulations.

Back when Art Bell was on the air, he never screened calls (and lot's of weird mentally ill people got through as a result) :lol:

:lol: I used to tune in to his show every now and then when I worked midnights twenty years ago. One night some guy calls in and says he's about to jump the fence into Area 51. Bell starts pleading with him not to because he personally knows people who did and were never heard from again! :shock:

:lol:

Another night, some girl calls in to tell Art that her and a few others were on a chupacabra hunt and they had one cornered! :lol:

That was some great guilty pleasure listening.

That show was amazing.

That isn't even a guilty pleasure. That was just fun. Is it still on? He has some health issues, didn't he?

It's on, but it's a shadow of its former self with the current host.

Listening to that show late at night during summer breaks from school was like listening to campfire stories. You know none of it is real, but it's still fun.

I did listen once on shrooms in Champaign and it scared the shit out of me. Also, on shrooms, Major League was the funniest movie I have ever seen.

Went and tried to watch the rerelease of the Exorcist on shrooms. I lasted maybe 15min, and made all 6 or 7 of us leave the theater. I feel your pain.

Post subject: Re: CDI LOG - 05/24/2017
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
890 dropped C2C a couple years ago because Cumulus wanted all their stations carrying The Rootin' Tootin' Trucker Show or whatever it's called in overnights. After all, I suppose it became redundant to 890 when "the President is secretly Kenyan" became a topic in middays instead.

That's one of the reasons I miss Art Bell. He did it for the fun, but also knew to keep certain guests off the air (like Alex Jones) because he knew they were frauds spreading some really awful shit.

Art Bell had no problem with UFO conspiracies and paranormal because it was harmless fun, like watching a horror movie. George Noory threw all of those ideas out the window and put on putzes like Jones.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Art bell was radio show of choice on the overnight section of my Bozeman to Elgin runs in mid to late 90's. I believe it was between Mitchell and Albert Lea when I got to experience it. Was best thing on radio by far at that time.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 am 

I wish I had found Art Bell and Milt Rosenberg earlier in my night radio listening night. I worked the overnight shift around 1990 and still never came across their work.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:49 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
I wish I had found Art Bell and Milt Rosenberg earlier in my night radio listening night. I worked the overnight shift around 1990 and still never came across their work.

Milt used to still have an online archive of amazing stuff dating back to the early '70s. At one point he threw it behind a paywall, but there was still some stuff there.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Milt used to still have an online archive of amazing stuff dating back to the early '70s. At one point he threw it behind a paywall, but there was still some stuff there.

Milt was one of a kind on the radio. I only discovered him in the final years of his show and wish I knew of him when I was younger. The range of topics covered on his show was fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:18 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Milt was one of a kind on the radio. I only discovered him in the final years of his show and wish I knew of him when I was younger. The range of topics covered on his show was fantastic.

Milt's show and NOVA are two things I wish there was a complete archive of. Milt's stuff was great. And I'd be fascinated by watching old NOVA shows from the '70s and '80s discussing what the future holds.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:20 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Milt's show and NOVA are two things I wish there was a complete archive of. Milt's stuff was great. And I'd be fascinated by watching old NOVA shows from the '70s and '80s discussing what the future holds.

A lot of old NOVA episodes have been uploaded to youtube. Same with Frontline. You can find just about any episode there.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am 

Thanks. I've looked before and couldn't find them. I will try again.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
formerlyknownas wrote:
Godfella wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Unscreened callers goes against FCC regulations.

Back when Art Bell was on the air, he never screened calls (and lot's of weird mentally ill people got through as a result) :lol:

:lol: I used to tune in to his show every now and then when I worked midnights twenty years ago. One night some guy calls in and says he's about to jump the fence into Area 51. Bell starts pleading with him not to because he personally knows people who did and were never heard from again! :shock:

Another night, some girl calls in to tell Art that her and a few others were on a chupacabra hunt and they had one cornered! :lol:

That was some great guilty pleasure listening.

I miss that show. I did call in once to George Noory and told him about a presence at the foot of my bed.

"Wow," Noory said. "That. Is. Un. Nerving."

George Noory. Wow. :D When I worked overnights driving a sweeper truck cleaning lots I listened to that weird shit. Freaky.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I liked that the show used the chase theme from Midnight Express.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:33 am 

Here is a good C2C parody. It kind of nails it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcCI2AZa-7g

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:40 am 

Or this time they got pranked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMATUkJMAxo

Google the name "Gordon Freeman" if you don't understand it. I just died when he said "they are working on portal technology" :lol:

----

also this prank call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj3QoA_y7Tg

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Thanks. I've looked before and couldn't find them. I will try again.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL152bjytsMC4bxFN5gEkDxYg10gcwDdLg