It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

This can be a running thread. For the best stuff.

I listened to the Podcast of the last one. Parkins had said in the past that somebody at the SCORE refused to work with him. So a caller asked who that was. Parkins said "Can't do it".

Clearly it was Larry. That goes without saying. Nobody else at the station would refuse a show with Parkins but him. But Parkins said that is no longer the case. That there is now nobody that won't do a show with him.

So Larry got over it. I don't get why he was mad at Parkins in the first place. Be mad a Mitch. Fine. But all Parkins did was apply for a job and got it.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

A caller asked Spiegel, "If your girlfriend was cheating on you, who would you rather see in bed with her, Goff or Bernstein?"

Spiegel said Goff.

But he refused to say why.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:

I listened to the Podcast of the last one. Parkins had said in the past that somebody at the SCORE refused to work with him. So a caller asked who that was. Parkins said "Can't do it".

Clearly it was Larry. That goes without saying. Nobody else at the station would refuse a show with Parkins but him. But Parkins said that is no longer the case. That there is now nobody that won't do a show with him.

So Larry got over it. I don't get why he was mad at Parkins in the first place. Be mad a Mitch. Fine. But all Parkins did was apply for a job and got it.

If that's accurate, and since everyone on this station loves to gossip, has Holmes lack of professionalism been questioned? He may feel he's more deserving of that job or that Parkins wasn't the right candidate, but if an employee in most companies refused to do a job that is expected of them, they probably would be in jeopardy of losing their jobs or at least being given a 1st warning.

Wasn't the mid-day job the same job that Holmes publicly announced wasn't a candidate for a few years back?

Holmes is one thin skinned dude.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
BD wrote:
Beardown wrote:

If that's accurate, and since everyone on this station loves to gossip, has Holmes lack of professionalism been questioned? He may feel he's more deserving of that job or that Parkins wasn't the right candidate, but if an employee in most companies refused to do a job that is expected of them, they probably would be in jeopardy of losing their jobs or at least being given a 1st warning.

Wasn't the mid-day job the same job that Holmes publicly announced wasn't a candidate for a few years back?

Holmes is one thin skinned dude.

I bet they almost came to blows about it but not quite. Leeeery is a tuff mofo. Don't ya know. Shake that.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
Parkins had said in the past that somebody at the SCORE refused to work with him. So a caller asked who that was. Parkins said "Can't do it".

Clearly it was Bernstein. That goes without saying. Nobody else at the station would refuse a show with Parkins but him. But Parkins said that is no longer the case. That there is now nobody that won't do a show with him.

So Bernstein got over it. I get why he was mad at Parkins in the first place - he thought Parkins was soft on drinky. Be mad at Drinky. Fine. But all Parkins did was try to be friendly with all his new co-workers. Bernstein wins again. You cross him and you're either out of a job like drinky or you fall back in line like Parkins.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
My god, you're a fucking idiot. It was Larry. Parkins even referenced him right after saying he couldn't do it. Please stop posting here.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
redskingreg wrote:
My god, you're a fucking idiot. It was Larry. Parkins even referenced him right after saying he couldn't do it. Please stop posting here.

I don't get the anger. It's clearly a complicated situation. I get that Larry referenced Parkins during a confrontation. But that came after the incident where Parkins said someone refused to work with him. This clearly means it was Bernstein. No doubt about it. The drinky hate consumed him to the point where he sent clear signals to everyone else about getting to close to drinky. Now drinkys gone and no one says anything. It was Bernstein all along.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
redskingreg wrote:

Greg....:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
redskingreg wrote:

:lol:

You're responding to a mult. Although, that's probably more worthwhile than responding to the actual Beardown

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's a great mult. I have to zoom in on my phone to see if it's really Beardown.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:51 am 

:lol: god dammit. That's what I get for using my phone. I must say the mult is a dead ringer.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beerdown wrote:
Parkins had said in the past that somebody at the SCORE refused to work with him. So a caller asked who that was. Parkins said "Can't do it".

Clearly it was Bernstein. That goes without saying. Nobody else at the station would refuse a show with Parkins but him. But Parkins said that is no longer the case. That there is now nobody that won't do a show with him.

So Bernstein got over it. I get why he was mad at Parkins in the first place - he thought Parkins was soft on drinky. Be mad at Drinky. Fine. But all Parkins did was try to be friendly with all his new co-workers. Bernstein wins again. You cross him and you're either out of a job like drinky or you fall back in line like Parkins.

I am gonna guess, Parkins starts a new era. And money has something to do with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
the mantra of the Score for me the past 6 months has been "can't do it"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Parkins admitted he once jerked off while driving from Chicago to Syracuse. In the car. While driving.

That's weird.

But he's unique. I'll give him that. I mean you don't have to admit to shit like this and he does. I don't know who else would. I don't know why he would. He's a different cat.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 am 

Danny Mac did the same to Great Gig in the Sky.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:53 am 

Someone just tried to get Parkins to break bad on a weekend host, asking which weekender he would pull off the air. I get the feeling they were angling to get Parkins to say Julie, but he said Rick Camp (which isn't a bad answer).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Is Rick Camp part of the "Holmes Tree"?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Somebody asked Spiegs his payday for the 20 year old Feldco jingle... A grand for the original singing and an additional $500 for an updated version recorded later. $1,500 total from Feldco.

Last edited by Godfella on Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
the "Holmes Tree"?

Racist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Someone just tried to get Parkins to break bad on a weekend host, asking which weekender he would pull off the air. I get the feeling they were angling to get Parkins to say Julie, but he said Rick Camp (which isn't a bad answer).

Where would the best place to ask him these types of questions? Twitter? Text?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Mitch Rosen will do Can't Do It next Wednesday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Cashman wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Where would the best place to ask him these types of questions? Twitter? Text?

They won't answer unless you call in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:49 pm 

Agree that they were looking for Parkins to say Julie. He loves to answer Camp on everything about Score employees. I'm thinking next week I may call in and ask something about Big Red to Mitch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Godfella wrote:
Somebody asked Spiegs his payday for the 20 year old Feldco jingle... A grand for the original singing and an additional $500 for an updated version recorded later. $1,500 total from Feldco.

Holy shit that's a lousy deal, I would have thought he got a piece every time it's played. I assumed he made 35k or so the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Godfella wrote:

50% copied from the Encore frozen foods jingle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 am 

newper wrote:
Godfella wrote:

50% copied from the Encore frozen foods jingle.

He isn't an Al Delvecchio tribute band. He BECAME Al Delvecchio.