It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:56 pm 

Listened to the 12 to 1 hour today - and no calls; they talked to each other for the whole hour.

Is that standard now - or just no one bothering to call in for this show?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
didea wrote:
Listened to the 12 to 1 hour today

On purpose?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
to have callers a show would need listeners.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
start a clock, unlikely B&B take a call before 3pm either... unless shep cues them up to a loon who needs to be put on air ASAP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I've been listening to a lot of this show lately. Not many calls at all but that's not terrible. They have pretty good guests. Right now its the best show on the Score. Tallest midget award but I've come to like Parkins. I think he has the chops to be teamed with Bernsy and hold his own. Hopefully that's the move after this Goff experiment crashes and burns. Spiegs is terrible as usual. Consider me firmly on the Parkins bandwagon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
No callers is an improvement for 670. Callers are awful

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Except you can't call yourself "The Voice of the Fan" and not take calls.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:17 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Now they're the voice of the " Fans who sit in quiet contemplation during championships and appreciates the greatness of LeBron whether he wins or not".

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
badrogue17 wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Now they're the voice of the " Fans who sit in quiet contemplation during championships and appreciates the greatness of LeBron whether he wins or not".

The Voice of the Fan Who Is Mindful Of Their Privilege in a Modern Cosmopolitan Society and Shows Apt Deference to Minorities.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
didea wrote:
Listened to the 12 to 1 hour today - and no calls; they talked to each other for the whole hour.

Is that SHtandard now - or just no one bothering to call in for this show?

Respectfully fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Voice of the Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:28 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today

I'm not on board with this show Rogue. Parkins is an okay listen, but Speigal is just awful. They guy has gone through so many radio partners. It's just baffling he continues to be employed, especially since the guy who handpicked him (Mac) is also off of the station.

He had his chance to build his own show/brand when Mac left and he was saddled with Mannelly. Instead of creating something of his own he went the lazy route, which was probably learned from his guy Mac.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today

I'm not on board with this show Rogue. Parkins is an okay listen, but Speigal is just awful. They guy has gone through so many radio partners. It's just baffling he continues to be employed, especially since the guy who handpicked him (Mac) is also off of the station.

He had his chance to build his own show/brand when Mac left and he was saddled with Mannelly. Instead of creating something of his own he went the lazy route, which was probably learned from his guy Mac.

Parkins is the future FOTS.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i actually listened for an hour or two today. i notice they like to define a lot of things [great this, greatest that] and you seemingly gotta pay musical fealty to speagol to get his respect. he was gushing with praise for len kasper being some musicologist or something.... sheesh.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:34 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I've been listening to a lot of this show lately. Not many calls at all but that's not terrible. They have pretty good guests. Right now its the best show on the Score. Tallest midget award but I've come to like Parkins. I think he has the chops to be teamed with Bernsy and hold his own. Hopefully that's the move after this Goff experiment crashes and burns. Spiegs is terrible as usual. Consider me firmly on the Parkins bandwagon.

Yeah, today was the first time in weeks I listened to the majority of the show, and it wasn't bad but Parkins needs a better partner asap. Spiegel can't talk about anything without making it about himself. For someone that loves music, he can't talk about it beyond "I know this song/band, do you?". When it came to the Cubs/Cards series, he spent a whole segment talking about watching the game with his girlfriend and what they were doing while watching, etc. it's fucking annoying.

Parkins worst habit is when he gets into the ESPNization of topics and wants to rank everything all time, etc. when he avoids that he's good

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
I can do without the callers. If it's a specific call-in segment, it can work. But the random calls aren't terribly interesting anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Parkins still grates on me but I do overall like listening to him. It's really his voice and inflection that drive me bananas. At some point, and I've said this ad nauseam, Berns and Parkins are going to get into it on an issue, and it will be the death of one Dan and the birth of a new Dan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:20 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Parkins still grates on me but I do overall like listening to him. It's really his voice and inflection that drive me bananas. At some point, and I've said this ad nauseam, Berns and Parkins are going to get into it on an issue, and it will be the death of one Dan and the birth of a new Dan.

I'm disappointed that Parkins let the LoHo thing go so easily. That could have been the beginning but he didn't want to rock the boat. He's going to destroy Bernsy on something though. I can't wait for it. B&B was my favorite but without Boers, Dan is a shell of himself. None of the fun and all of the faux outrage. I want a Dan and Dan show. I think it could be very good.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today

You think Bernstein is good. You lose all rights to comment on any radio talent when you hold that view. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:37 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today

You think Bernstein is good. You lose all rights to comment on any radio talent when you hold that view. :lol:

Bernsy was as good as it got for a while. TB checked out and then Penn State happened and he realized joking about TB Diddlers didn't move the needle and he needed REAL. SERIOUS. RADIO. Then his legion of pudwhacks came out to reinforce his overzealous SJWing and we got stuck with our current afternoon show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:40 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

Douchebag wrote:
Great show today

Dan can still be good when he doesn't take himself or the topic too seriously. The next interesting or funny thing Speigal says will be his first.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Kirkwood wrote:

LOL so true.