It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: lou malnatis
Mitch will be on can't do it this week. Said no ratings or salary/contract info can be shared but this is happening today so if you got questions call in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I'm going to stick with ESPN 1000. I got teased over to 670 for Artie yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Score cafe
They should grill him on the drinky Goff beef. Think about it. What other beef has gotten someone else whacked? That's how important this is. And that's why they won't ask it. That can't do it. It'll cause them to bring up drinky on air. Which they haven't done. So they won't do it. Goff imposed a gag order on the drinky stuff. Bernstein backs him. So you know no one will do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ask him what exactly Julie brings to the table?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
They will say there is no beef. Drinky left at his own will to pursue other opportunities.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

This

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

This

We can all answer that- "Lots of food".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:34 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
They will say there is no beef. Drinky left at his own will to pursue other opportunities.

That's a lie. We all know it. Goff knows it. He's the one who ordered the hit. Bernstein knows it. He approved the hit. Drinky knows it. He's the one who got hit. But he forgot about it by now. Cuz he's a dumbass. Mitch knows it. He's the one who watched the hit happen. Right in front of his eyes. Did nothing about it. If I were Mitch I wouldn't take questions either. But that cheapens the segment. It will never be the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Would have to be specific on the Julie question- why is she allowed to use her platform at the Score to raise money for her vacations. Why is she allowed to repeatedly make mistakes on updates, while she is clearly on social media during shifts? Why is she allowed to be on a non-Score podcast that produces (in theory) similar content to the Score?

Or just go with- Which show weights more Speigel and Parkings or Julie and Maggie?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Would have to be specific on the Julie question- why is she allowed to use her platform at the Score to raise money for her vacations. Why is she allowed to repeatedly make mistakes on updates, while she is clearly on social media during shifts? Why is she allowed to be on a non-Score podcast that produces (in theory) similar content to the Score?

Or just go with- Which show weights more Speigel and Parkings or Julie and Maggie?

This would be my question, but I am paranoid if I text....well you know.

Mitch, when did you know Julie DiCaro was a gem, after you promoted her to full time?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

Mitch, Julie DiCaro's updates often contain factually incorrect information. Why is a person who cannot consistently perform the simple task of providing accurate information in their updates rewarded with increased air time and their own show?

*edit* Ruffcorn's questions are all very good, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 am 

Cashman wrote:

Mitch, when did you know Julie DiCaro was a gem, after you promoted her to full time?

They won't read questions submitted via text. You have to call.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:54 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Can't do it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:57 am 

Cashman wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Can't do it

You Win!

No, wait...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:18 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

her bare feet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 am 

You guys are focusing on the wrong Julie issue. Mitch never cared about talent. Otherwise how did Drinky have a job for 15 years? It wouldn't be possible without Mitch. Cuz Drinky is a dumbass. We all know that. Mitch knows that. But Mitch didn't care. That's why Goff pushed the button. He had an opening with Mitch being absent. And Bernstein blessing it.

The real Julie issue is her beef with Holmes. Think about it. Holmes is black. Julie likes black and brown people. Even more then her son. So why didn't she fight for Holmes when there was an opening on Bernstein's show? Why didn't she run one of those campaigns she does? The answer is easy. Because Larry and Julie hate each others guts. It's the worst kept secret at the score. Someone should ask that to Julie on Twitter and report back here.

Discuss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:31 am 

Beerdown wrote:
The real Julie issue is her beef with Holmes. Think about it. Holmes is black. Julie likes black and brown people. Even more then her son. So why didn't she fight for Holmes when there was an opening on Bernstein's show? Why didn't she run one of those campaigns she does? The answer is easy. Because Larry and Julie hate each others guts. It's the worst kept secret at the score. Someone should ask that to Julie on Twitter and report back here.

Wasn't Leery talking on the air or on Twitter about being excited to help Julie pick out a dress for the awards show she was attending? That doesn't sound like he hates her.

I think Beardown would have known that.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

This

We can all answer that- "Lots of food".

I would argue thats a net negative.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Why is he afraid of his subordinates.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 am 

Beerdown wrote:
You guys are focusing on the wrong Julie issue. Mitch never cared about talent. Otherwise how did Drinky have a job for 15 years? It wouldn't be possible without Mitch. Cuz Drinky is a dumbass. We all know that. Mitch knows that. But Mitch didn't care. That's why Goff pushed the button. He had an opening with Mitch being absent. And Bernstein blessing it.

Discuss.

You are really taking this account to the next level or evolution of Beardown. I honestly have to take a double take, when I read these posts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
edit: idiot post in wrong thread.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Jesus, you guys are so thirsty for Julie gossip you're overlooking the better questions concerning Bernstein's stranglehold on pseudo intellectual sports radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Don Tiny wrote:
Rizzo:

"When you point fingers you're a selfish player. We have another catcher that throws everyone out."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Jesus, you guys are so thirsty for Julie gossip you're overlooking the better questions concerning Bernstein's stranglehold on pseudo intellectual sports radio.

I kinda have a feeling with all this NBA talk, that Danny is auditioning for a national gig.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Beerdown wrote:

Wasn't Leery talking on the air or on Twitter about being excited to help Julie pick out a dress for the awards show she was attending? That doesn't sound like he hates her.

Larry has always been and will always be a company man. Think about it. This is a man who let the White Sox take over his show slot for 7 years. Didn't complain. Didn't do anything about it. Because his eye was always on Terry's job. He stayed cheerful. He continued to promote score radio on his personal time. Then an opportunity opened up. Not to sit next to Bernstein. But to sit next to Mac. That might have been better too. He could have developed his own voice under Mac. And then went head to head with Bernstein once Mac left. Would have been great for Larry's career. Instead they hired Meat. Larry took it like a pro. He went back to his dungeon where he was drowned out by the White Sox. Didn't complain. Remained cheerful. Now Julie comes along and gets her own shine. Larry was passed over. Again. Third time. But Julie gets shine and she doesn't go to bat for Larry. There's no question about it. Don't let the on air persona fool you. That's Larry being the company man. They've got beef.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 am 

Beerdown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Beerdown wrote:

Larry has always been and will always be a company man. Think about it. This is a man who let the White Sox take over his show slot for 7 years. Didn't complain. Didn't do anything about it. Because his eye was always on Terry's job. He stayed cheerful. He continued to promote score radio on his personal time. Then an opportunity opened up. Not to sit next to Bernstein. But to sit next to Mac. That might have been better too. He could have developed his own voice under Mac. And then went head to head with Bernstein once Mac left. Would have been great for Larry's career. Instead they hired Meat. Larry took it like a pro. He went back to his dungeon where he was drowned out by the White Sox. Didn't complain. Remained cheerful. Now Julie comes along and gets her own shine. Larry was passed over. Again. Third time. But Julie gets shine and she doesn't go to bat for Larry. There's no question about it. Don't let the on air persona fool you. That's Larry being the company man. They've got beef.

Were any girls abducted, in the writing of this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Cashman wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I kinda have a feeling with all this NBA talk, that Danny is auditioning for a national gig.

The window on him getting a national gig has closed. He was trying for one years ago and it never materialized.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:51 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

The window on him getting a national gig has closed. He was trying for one years ago and it never materialized.

I am sure a certain Mike & Mike personality could possibly work out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Cashman wrote:
Beerdown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Beerdown wrote:

Were any girls abducted, in the writing of this?

Wrong B---down

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:58 am 
Asking why JDC is allowed to use Twitter for obviously non-work related stuff while on the air and making all sorts of mistakes is a good one. Sadly in terms of being able to actually call in..... can't do it.