It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Today sounds like it is going to be a "It's OKAY the Cubs are going to get swept out of the NLCS" day on the station.

Spiegel and Parkins just fielded a call from a guy pissed that Parkins is excusing the lackluster LCS play with the 2016 WS title, telling Parkins "you sound like an entitled bag". Parkins got a little testy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Today sounds like it is going to be a "It's OKAY the Cubs are going to get swept out of the NLCS" day on the station.

Spiegel and Parkins just fielded a call from a guy pissed that Parkins is excusing the lackluster LCS play with the 2016 WS title, telling Parkins "you sound like an entitled bag". Parkins got a little testy.

Wouldn't being entitled be expecting more? Sounds like he's the opposite of entitled in this spot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

And people called WGN a house organ.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Facebook stream at 10AM has 80 viewers. That would rank 109th of all the channels on Twitch currently streaming PUBG.

Marvel Universe LIVE can't be paying THAT much to get their merch in the camera shots, but I would love to hear more about how OTA ratings don't tell the whole story.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Facebook stream at 10AM has 80 viewers. That would rank 109th of all the channels on Twitch currently streaming PUBG.

Marvel Universe LIVE can't be paying THAT much to get their merch in the camera shots, but I would love to hear more about how OTA ratings don't tell the whole story.

You trying to say something?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:

And people called WGN a house organ.

Hey buddy ....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's

Parkins did sound thin-skinned when responding to that caller. I think he told the caller to punch his pillow or something like that and "it's only sports" as if he was silly for getting upset about the Cubs losing or Bryant saying he was tired. I think that's a WYC? for Parkins because making a big deal out of sports is pretty much his job.

I don't have a problem with Spiegel and Parkins (or anyone besides Bernstein) saying the Cubs making the playoffs as many times as they can is pretty good, even if they don't win the World Series every time, because they weren't going all in on "CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE ALL THAT MATTER!" and "If you don't win a championship, the season is a failure." like Bernstein did.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz

That's okay with me since that is pretty much how I feel. I think the Cubs were lucky to get past Washington. Hell, most WS Champs don't even make the playoffs the next season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Tad Queasy wrote:

Parkins did sound thin-skinned when responding to that caller. I think he told the caller to punch his pillow or something like that and "it's only sports" as if he was silly for getting upset about the Cubs losing or Bryant saying he was tired. I think that's a WYC? for Parkins because making a big deal out of sports is pretty much his job.

I don't have a problem with Spiegel and Parkins (or anyone besides Bernstein) saying the Cubs making the playoffs as many times as they can is pretty good, even if they don't win the World Series every time, because they weren't going all in on "CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE ALL THAT MATTER!" and "If you don't win a championship, the season is a failure." like Bernstein did.

Bernsie's baseball admonition was "bites at the apple" in yr 2 of the rebuild. I called him on it, the whole championships thing and even back then he backflipped and said the Cubs should aim to follow the Braves method of make the playoffs every year and spin the wheel on the luck contest.