It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Meatpants said he has the surgery? I must have missed that. So he had the surgery and that is the smallest he can get to? Yikes. I have a friend that was well over 400. He got the surgery a few years back and he is like 190 now and has been for a couple years.

Chris Christie ate through his lap band, and got huge again.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:31 am 

Does the new wife have a food based nickname?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Leftovers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Leftovers

So you're saying she's imaginary?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Leftovers

So you're saying she's imaginary?

No, that would be a Te'o-Order Bride.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Who cares? The running obsession that MANY have with Meat's personal life is very odd.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I thought the segment was touching and sincere. Good luck to them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:41 pm 

He posted a weird article on his proposal. Speigs is a weird fuck, no doubt. His girl must be really desperate to want to be married to a fat slob.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Who cares? The running obsession that MANY have with Meat's personal life is very odd.

Shut up, fatso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
schmitty1121 wrote:
He posted a weird article on his proposal. Speigs is a weird fuck, no doubt. His girl must be really desperate to want to be married to a fat slob.

Everything in and about that post is awful. The look at me tone, the way he passes himself off in these things, the smarminess, the faux genuineness, is all disgusting. He makes me want to vomit. I cannot understand why McNeil brought him back and why Spiegel has been kept on. It's eye roll after eye roll.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Spaulding wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Everything in and about that post is awful. The look at me tone, the way he passes himself off in these things, the smarminess, the faux genuineness, is all disgusting. He makes me want to vomit. I cannot understand why McNeil brought him back and why Spiegel has been kept on. It's eye roll after eye roll.

:lol: :lol:

I love the absolute cynicism and ruthlessness of this board. It makes me feel like I am not as big of an asshole as I often think I am.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Wish I didn't read that. All bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Spaulding wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Its pretty cringe-worthy :roll:

Merry Christmas everyone. Engaged, here. Very happy. It helps me to write about big stuff, process it, and then I always end up figuring I might as well post it.
Love is best when shared. Christine Dominguez Varsbergs Herb Spiegel
Last Monday night, Rubin asked why I packed up and moved his monster truck and racetrack set.
“I didn’t Ru. Christine cleaned your room up...isn’t that nice?”
“Daddy, she isn’t allowed to touch my toys! You and mommy can touch my toys without asking, but only people from our houses are allowed to do it.”
“Rubin, what if Christine and I got married. Could she touch your toys then?”
“Mmmm...let me think about it.”
There were 10 seconds of thoughtful contemplating, with fingers on his chin, all of this while fully naked sitting on the potty.
“Daddy, yes...if you and Christine get married, she can touch my toys. But if you ever get unmarried like you did with mommy, then she can’t, okay?
“Okay Ru, that’s fair. I promise we won’t get unmarried.”
It’s not just about me anymore. Any life partner I might pick better be good as hell to that boy, and understand the priority list. His safety, happiness, health, and maturation atmosphere comes first. Before me. Before her. He is the cooperative King of this realm, learning how to live with supreme confidence while fitting into the world, hopefully learning utmost empathy for as many people as possible.
It’s going well so far, as he finishes up his 5th year. I genuinely like him. Passionate, he enjoys life. John Fournier, a musical and creative soul I admire, has watched as his daughter babysits Ru for a few different nights.
“That kid, man...he loves everything! Wanna build a puzzle? YES. Wanna watch a show? YES, LET’S DO IT.” John says that’s rare. Says that Ru is a little version of me in that way.
I know John meant it in the reverse, but the truth is that I am flattered by being compared to Rubin.
Christine is a jewel of a woman. Deeply kind, always striving to be the best version of herself, and working to remain as positive as possible each and every day. She believes in putting goodness into the world, and trusting that it comes back to you. She believes in God, she was raised a Catholic, and generally has faith in both a benevolent higher power, and the possibilities for humanity. We can be good. Love can triumph. It must.
I have thought and lived with her for 7 months. I have learned the value of her spirit in my life, how we genuinely make each other better. We have grown to communicate better than I thought imaginable; this is easily the best relationship I’ve ever been in. Not even close.
I was given a 6 month deadline when she moved in.
“At this age, we hound know.”
I get it. ]But a man can’t truly own his destiny on deadline.
I successfully retook the power of the wedding proposal time frame at the 6 month mark. I needed this to feel like my choice, needed to make sure that by the moment I committed and did this, I was free of any possible regret, concern, or trepidation. Given my lifelong struggle with conflicted emotions, this was perhaps an unrealistic aspiration. But I got there.
I got there because I am in the best therapeutic health of my life. I am in touch with my aggression, and mobilize it whenever possible. I am careful to be quiet and look for my center, my own moral compass, and try to base decisions on what I truly want and need. I am conscious of a lifelong desire to appease others that has been beneficial in terms of getting along with people, but detrimental in terms of holding on to unspoken resentment. I let things out these days, more than ever before.
A wedding proposal is a rare opportunity for a man. It’s a chance to define his sense of romanticism, to express himself aesthetically, creatively, symbolically. I wanted our moment to be memorable, emotional, and unique.
Hanukkah, Christmas, New Years’ Eve, and her birthday all loomed as possible dates to work with. Also present, though, was her need for the clarity of our engagement as she lived through those holidays. The endless questions about her future and our timeline from friends and family have been stressful. I did want to alleviate those soon, and had visions of her enjoying said holidays with relief, pride, and a shiny ring.
So the plan was hatched, for a Wednesday night at 7 pm. I told her there was a show in a tent downtown in Grant Park, a seasonal show I’d heard great things about. We would have to be outside for about 10 minutes, so we needed to dress warmly. No googling! Was she game? Of course she was.
As she fell asleep on the couch at 6 pm, she looked at me hopefully and asked if we HAD to go out. Yes, baby we do. I promise it will be worth it. I made up some more bullshit about the show. This was a lot of lying, and I am NOT good at lying to this woman. That’s one of the best things about us.
Our ride came, we got in it and headed downtown.
“The city looks beautiful!,” she said. “I love that we’re here, I love that this is my home.”
“I know, baby. Remember when we rode bikes, on our 2nd date I think? We went to Buckingham Fountain, and you got emotional.”
“Yes...my dad used to take me there.”
She moved out of the city with husband and daughters for sensible suburban reasons, but now I offered her a life downtown; a surprising 2nd opportunity to live the way she’d always wanted to.
The driver dropped us off right in front of the fountain. It was 7:05 pm, about 35 degrees, clear and cold with absolutely no one in sight. We walked towards the patch of park where I pretended a seasonal tent circus show of some kind might be. I feigned confusion, and we turned around to walk back towards the fountain.
In the distance, a man walked towards us. As he got closer, Christine noticed he had an accordion on. “Oh great,” she says she thought, “he’s gonna want to play a song for us and ask for money. There’s no one out here...this guy isn’t making any cash tonight.”
It would indeed be a weird night to be the wandering accordion guy saying “can I play something for you and your beautiful companion?”
As he approached, he began to play the intro to “Knocks Me Off My Feet” by Stevie Wonder. Christine had never heard this song when we started dating, and she adores it. As he hit the groove, I started to sing.
“I see us in the park...strolling the summer days of imaginings in my head....”
I take out and open a ring box.
“Baby!!!!” She screams. She cries. She covers her face with one gloved hand. I keep singing.
The accordionist is my friend Scott Stevenson, a man I’ve known an intermittent band mate for 23 years. He has perfectly disguised and nailed his role in my romantic gesture, as I knew he would.
We do the whole tune, modulation and all, with Scott singing the backup “I love you, I love you, I l-o-o-ove you.” She cries the whole way through, even as I film the entire 2nd verse. We slightly botch the modulation, and Scott slightly butchers the bass riff mid-choruses, but the totality of it is perfect.
Side note; I am fortunate to have been a musician for so many reasons. But one of them is that the list of people I could have called to accompany this moment is vast. They include perhaps 4 or 5 musicians who I feel as if I know deeply, trust soulfully, and would be perfectly comfortable existing in this memory for ever and ever. We have been fortunate to connect with each other on earnest, delicate levels that allow for bonds like this. I love that Scott is part of this image for the rest of our lives.
She says yes, we are engaged. We have the following day off of work, by sneaky design, to bask in the glow of the moment. It is best to pause the chaos of daily life right here, to share the news with who and how we see fit, at our pace. To live in the happiest of moments, unencumbered for a day. Thursday was wonderful.
As I expect the rest of our lives to be.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Spaulding wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

Paired with the right host, I think he is ok. That host might be the current one. Just needs to tone down the tributasauras plugs, talk baseball and football and I am good with him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:39 pm 

DAC wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I love the absolute cynicism and ruthlessness of this board. It makes me feel like I am not as big of an asshole as I often think I am.

I don't know. I don't think of myself as cynical or ruthless, and I don't think most that know me would either. I'm sensitive but I don't think everybody has to know about it or celebrate it. It'd make me a bigger pain in the ass than I already can be.

All this depth & sensitivity doesn't = good. Sometimes depth and sensitivity = stupid and unreasonable.

There are so many jumbled and quite frankly illogical thoughts in that...whatever that is. He wants to be some positive, gracious, and self-effacing sage. That whole page is anything but that. Look at HIS experience, look at HIS wisdom, look at HIS judgement, look at HIS feelings, LOOK AT HIS GOODNESS! I'm special and spectacular and humble and lucky. And then he'd be the type that would point fingers at me for being negative and that's bullshit. He's just trying. He's happy and wants to share. PUKE!

He's the complete opposite of Bernstein but somehow equally as annoying and turdy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Spaulding wrote:
I cannot understand why McNeil brought him back and why Spiegel has been kept on. It's eye roll after eye roll.

It's one of the great mysteries in Chicago sports radio history. There's no good explanation for it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:40 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I cannot understand why McNeil brought him back and why Spiegel has been kept on. It's eye roll after eye roll.

It's one of the great mysteries in Chicago sports radio history. There's no good explanation for it.

Because Spiegel would let McNeil talk about as much hockey and deep 'Stones cuts as he wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:45 pm 

Sounds like a fairy tale romance and engagement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Didn't they sign Spiegel to a long extension mere weeks before Mac went on his vision quest and never returned? Are they just playing out a really really long expiring contract?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Spiegel wrote:
I offered her a life downtown; a surprising 2nd opportunity to live the way she’d always wanted to.

And then a smarmy Jason Alexander tried to sleep with her and Matt kicked his ass.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:44 pm 

A marriage built around being able to live in a two bedroom condo in the Loop can't fail.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I'm not reading all of that post of his.

Pix, or it didn't happen.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:49 pm 

I guess the most surprising info to come out of that post is that Meat apparently is in a band.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
badrogue17 wrote:
I guess the most surprising info to come out of that post is that Meat apparently is in a band.

I thought it was that his buddy screwed up the song and then Matt did also a bit but not enough to ruin the song vibe itself. Seemed like an important thing for him to point out amidst, you know, the romance and everything but there were other guys he could have chosen to share that moment with him musically and he feels OK about his selection.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:15 pm 

Quote:
I am in touch with my aggression, and mobilize it whenever possible.

Doesn't this mean that Spiegel is really aggressive? This reeks of the all-too-common "I'm going to slap a bunch of buzzwords together that I think sound profound, but won't actually consider the clarity or actual meaning of the result" in I Did A Thing media.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
No issue with the engagement or the process. I'm more surprised by the fact a 5 year old isn't potty trained.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:24 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I thought it was that his buddy screwed up the song and then Matt did also a bit but not enough to ruin the song vibe itself. Seemed like an important thing for him to point out amidst, you know, the romance and everything but there were other guys he could have chosen to share that moment with him musically and he feels OK about his selection.

You think he picked his music guy before or after he retook the power of the wedding proposal time frame at the 6 month mark free of concern? Maybe Ru declared who should play the accordian player while the naked on the john. He does run the house and is the most important. He's just like his dad. So great. So so great.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Doesn't this mean that Spiegel is really aggressive? This reeks of the all-too-common "I'm going to slap a bunch of buzzwords together that I think sound profound, but won't actually consider the clarity or actual meaning of the result" in I Did A Thing media.

Was just about to post my aggression was triggered and I am now mobilizing it because it's possible. WTF?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
No issue with the engagement or the process. I'm more surprised by the fact a 5 year old isn't potty trained.

I think I read somewhere that toddlers who witness their father passed out drunk on family vacations are 3 to 4 years behind the curve developmenatally .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:45 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I think I read somewhere that toddlers who witness their father passed out drunk on family vacations are 3 to 4 years behind the curve developmenatally .

Is that per instance? If so that kid is going to start potty training around 30yrs old.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
A marriage built around being able to live in a two bedroom condo in the Loop can't fail.

I spent the better part of three years shacked up with a girl because she had a condo a block away from Loyola. Needless to say it didn't work out after I graduated.