It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parkins & Biggs beef
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Beerdown wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:
Beerdown wrote:
This is nothing compared to the Biggs/Mully feud. That's the real play everyone should have an eye on. I called it months ago. You could tell. It was out in the open. You can't have two alpha Bears guys in the same room. Not gonna happen. Something's gonna give. Biggs and Parkins is just small potatoes.

What happened with Mully and Biggs? Totally missed this.

It's totally obvious. You can't have two Bears alphas in the same room. Like I said. They both realize it. They both think they're smarter than each other. And they're both wrong. Both are dumb. Just like drinky. But it doesn't matter. Mitch let's the rivalry keep going cuz it's good entertainment. Makes for yucks. They both think theyre more connected to halas hall than the other. It doesn't matter in the end. The internet has made both of them irrelevant. But they don't get it. Just like drinky didn't get that he's nothing more than Dan's shoe shine guy. Cuz he's a dumbass.

Did they yell at each other on air or something?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:
Leery: They have to drive all the way over there (to the place where the press conference is held).
Parkins: So? There's no traffic today.
Leery: It's still far!
Parkins: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I heard this conversation.

1. Why does Larry assume it's "far" for all media members? Couldn't some live in the North or NW suburbs? I'm sure a lot of them do. Larry says it's far because it relates to him and where he lives. And it's New Years Day. There is no traffic today.

2. Larry said they should have had it at 2pm. And Parkins says, "They're having it at 4pm. Is 2 hours that big of a deal?" Larry said it was. Parkins said that Pace is busy doing exit interviews with players. Parkins is right. Parkins said that Pace shouldn't care about Brad Biggs and his time. I agree. So what that Biggs is late for his 6th meal of the day.

3. Parkins said he doesn't want to hear media members bitching. I agree with him. It's an easy job. Everybody has something to bitch about with there jobs. Bitch to your wives. Nobody else cares. Just like Larry doesn't care about problems that his listeners have with there job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
As much as I want to dump on Parkins I gotta say it shows something that he came into work today and has every right to call out Biggs for whining about having to travel for work.

On a similar note, for as much as Goff talks about how this is his dream job he sure misses work a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
If it takes two hours to get to Halas hall today you gotta be in kankakee.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:17 pm 

I think Biggs lives in Palos, Ive seen his fat ass in Jack Gibbons eating a pork chop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:18 pm 

I had to work in Edison park today from the SS, flew there..no traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Leery: They have to drive all the way over there (to the place where the press conference is held).

1. Why does Larry assume it's "far" for all media members? Couldn't some live in the North or NW suburbs? I'm sure a lot of them do. Larry says it's far because it relates to him and where he lives. And it's New Years Day. There is no traffic today.

2. Larry said they should have had it at 2pm. And Parkins says, "They're having it at 4pm. Is 2 hours that big of a deal?" Larry said it was. Parkins said that Pace is busy doing exit interviews with players. Parkins is right. Parkins said that Pace shouldn't care about Brad Biggs and his time. I agree. So what that Biggs is late for his 6th meal of the day.

3. Parkins said he doesn't want to hear media members bitching. I agree with him. It's an easy job. Everybody has something to bitch about with there jobs. Bitch to your wives. Nobody else cares. Just like Larry doesn't care about problems that his listeners have with there job.

Pretty much all this. Spot on.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

The media is pissed because this happened to fall on a holiday. It just happened to be that way. Pace shouldn't care about that. He should care about his job with the Bears. Larry made it seem that the Bears are a bad organization because the presser was at 4 instead of 2pm. What?

Basically the media's job is to wait. That's pretty much their job every day at Halas Hall. To stand around doing nothing. Then they ask their stupid questions and write their stories. And the answer to their questions are non answers or bullshit.

Do any of our local media break stories with the Bears? No. That's done by the national media.

So I don't want to hear people bitching when their daily job is pretty much sitting down and waiting. That's why Biggs is a fat ass and out of breath from simply talking.

Does Larry care that the chef is having a tough day when his food is late? No.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Beardown wrote:
The media is pissed because this happened to fall on a holiday. It just happened to be that way. Pace shouldn't care about that. He should care about his job with the Bears. Larry made it seem that the Bears are a bad organization because the presser was at 4 instead of 2pm. What?

Basically the media's job is to wait. That's pretty much their job every day at Halas Hall. To stand around doing nothing. Then they ask their stupid questions and write their stories. And the answer to their questions are non answers or bullshit.

Do any of our local media break stories with the Bears? No. That's done by the national media.

So I don't want to hear people bitching when their daily job is pretty much sitting down and waiting. That's why Biggs is a fat ass and out of breath from simply talking.

Does Larry care that the chef is having a tough day when his food is late? No.

And the media has had since the second Packer game to prepare for a Fox on New Year's Day; plenty of time to rearrange their vacation and plans to celebrate the holiday. If you don't like it, quit your job and work in some other field. Parkins was 100% right in criticizing the media's bitching about this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
FrankDrebin wrote:
And the media has had since the second Packer game to prepare for a Fox on New Year's Day; plenty of time to rearrange their vacation and plans to celebrate the holiday. If you don't like it, quit your job and work in some other field. Parkins was 100% right in criticizing the media's bitching about this.

Quite honestly, this could have been predicted as a fairly likely scenario before the season ever began.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
billypootons wrote:
any update on biggsy? was he able to make it to the presser with only 8 hours advance notice....? #concerned4beatwriters

Do they have to pump extra oxygen into the room with Biggsy so other people don't start to pass out?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Exactly. They knew it was gonna be a long day for at least a month.

Like I said, if the toughest part of your job is sitting down and waiting, I'm not gonna cry for you. Nor should they bitch about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Laurence explains all the ways in which Pace was hamstrung and forced into hiring John Fox but then is cut off by

"It technically. Was. His. Hire."

There are plenty of reports (Rich Campbell) that dispute that Pace didn't have a choice in the hiring of Fox. It has become the narriative that Pace had little power in that selection and while that may be true (or have some truth to it), Laurence Holmes saying so doesn't convince me, and probably has me leaning to a different narrative.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Larry is so jealous of Parkins it is great. :lol:

Oh yeah he is. He won't get over the midday snub.

He probably should have have more input on who his partner was. Probably not a good idea to have a guy who stutters as a talk show host.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:40 pm 

You can’t hear Parkins breathing when he’s on the radio, so I’m gonna take Parkins in this feud.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

I heard that press conference. I didn't learn one thing (at least, nothing significant) from Pace. Phillips announced the extension for Pace so that was news, but these press conference don't produce much news from Pace as he isn't going to say anything. Perhaps the idea/value of these press conferences needs to be revisited to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:44 pm 

BD wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He probably should have have more input on who his partner was. Probably not a good idea to have a guy who stutters as a talk show host.

What are you talking about? This is about Parkins being given the job with Meat when Larry wanted the job and got passed over.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
BD wrote:
Perhaps the idea/value of these press conferences needs to be revisited to begin with.

Add to that those forced weekly media sessions where the team bends over backwards to compliment the opponent they are about to face. Hearing these coaches say "You can't look at their record...the Browns have a lot of good things going on over there" is about as puke-inducing as you can get. I'd rather see Jimmy Johnson look at the media and say, "Come on, guys -- the Browns are winless...if we don't win this game easily, heads are gonna roll."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
BD wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What are you talking about? This is about Parkins being given the job with Meat when Larry wanted the job and got passed over.

Sorry - I was referring to the Holmes/Hampton mid-day show. Perhaps he'd still have that role if his opportunity wasn't negatively impacted by Hampton.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:
Perhaps the idea/value of these press conferences needs to be revisited to begin with.

Add to that those forced weekly media sessions where the team bends over backwards to compliment the opponent they are about to face. Hearing these coaches say "You can't look at their record...the Browns have a lot of good things going on over there" is about as puke-inducing as you can get. I'd rather see Jimmy Johnson look at the media and say, "Come on, guys -- the Browns are winless...if we don't win this game easily, heads are gonna roll."

Agreed to all of these press conferences, particularly in the NFL. There is very little value offered, nothing but talking points and general type statements. Asking questions to these guys don't typically result in direct question being answered and/or with any substance. What is the actual value of covering them the way they are?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
BD wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
BD wrote:

Agreed to all of these press conferences, particularly in the NFL. There is very little value offered, nothing but talking points and general type statements. Asking questions to these guys don't typically result in direct question being answered and/or with any substance. What is the actual value of covering them the way they are?

And people wonder why fans liked Ditka.

Other than the Super Bowl Championship.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

There is absolutely a thing between Parkins and Larry. That's why Larry picked a fight with him in tranny. It's because he lost the midday job to him. Of course.

But all Parkins said was he doesn't want to hear media people crying. Larry told him "That's an easy stance for you to take". Fine. It's easy. But it's also correct.

Why Larry was so quick to come to Brad Biggs' defense was beyond me. But it was more about the chance to fight with Parkins I suspect.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Beardown wrote:
There is absolutely a thing between Parkins and Larry. That's why Larry picked a fight with him in tranny. It's because he lost the midday job to him. Of course.

But all Parkins said was he doesn't want to hear media people crying. Larry told him "That's an easy stance for you to take". Fine. It's easy. But it's also correct.

Why Larry was so quick to come to Brad Biggs' defense was beyond me. But it was more about the chance to fight with Parkins I suspect.

Larry was the best 670 beat reporter of all time so he sympathizes with beat guys... he also is best buds with briggs/peanut because, you know.. larry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
And of course Larry going into fake angst mode is hilarious. My gosh he loves the sound of his own voice.

I am pretty sure they said Biggs blocked Parkins :lol:
I didn't hear the Biggs stuff, but I heard Leery going off about the press conference. Who the hell cares? Does it matter the Bears called the presser for noon, 4pm, 6pm or today? There are literally hundreds if not thousands of things to go after the Bears on. The time of a press conference literally means nothing.

It doesn't even matter that it was done on a Holiday. In recent years, the Bears have played games on Xmas Eve, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Christmas, and Thanksgiving Day. Its part of the job. The schedule comes out in March and people have 6+ months to make their Holiday plans.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
A lot of sarcasm between S&P over Biggs's article. LOL Media feuds are fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
What article?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hatchetman wrote:
What article?

An article from Biggs they were referencing in the 1st hour of the show yesterday. It was about ranking the HC jobs in the NFL. They weren't criticizing the article just laughing about whether Parkins had read it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm 

312player wrote:
I think Biggs lives in Palos, Ive seen his fat ass in Jack Gibbons eating a pork chop.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Parkins claimed he was gonna call or text Biggs. I wonder if that ever happened? Is the feud still on?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:08 pm 

312player wrote:

:lol: :lol:

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next