It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
That seems like a bad miscalculation from Bernsie. There was always a non-zero chance that Mac would come back, and Bersie's management suck-up level has always been at maximum so I don't think it would help him to suck up even more. I guess the obvious answer is ego.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
beni hanna wrote:
I heard it at the time. I cannot remember if TB was present that day. I kept thinking someone needs to check little Danny and cannot recall that anyone did.

Found the thread. viewtopic.php?f=128&t=88700&start=150
It was a Leery fill-in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:
Sensitive to a fault...host friendly to a fault...

:lol: :lol: :lol: it's what you do for guys who get ratings dipshit.

Well, here it is: this is the most disgustingly obsequious thing Bernstein has ever said (non-Reinsdorf division). "I feel bad that you, my bosses, couldn't fire someone when I know you wanted to." Jesus fucking fucking fucking Christ.

Oh...oh my God. Nothing has ever made Bernstein sound more punchable than this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, I didn't see that I was being asked to fill people in. I think people already give the gist of it but when they announced Patrick Mannelly was going to host, Dan took time to personally thank Rod Zimmerman for not bringing Mac back, saying that management had been "permissive to a fault" and "accepting to a fault" of Mac's issues with depression and addiction, and that Rod did the right and courageous thing by not offering Mac a contract. Also, with Mac off the roster, now the Score could say that every major host had at least a bachelor's degree (though didn't Mac?), and that this would make the Score a better station than it was before. There may have been some other stuff in there, might be worth combing the archives for the show thread, but it was a look behind the curtain and I didn't like what I saw one bit.

Ironically, Bernstein's partner after Boers does not have a college degree.

Technically, Mac didn't have one. But Mac explained that he was only one or two credits short. I think he left college because his mom died and never went back. Something like that.

Last edited by Beardown on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Well, here it is: this is the most disgustingly obsequious thing Bernstein has ever said (non-Reinsdorf division). "I feel bad that you, my bosses, couldn't fire someone when I know you wanted to." Jesus fucking fucking fucking Christ.

Yea Juice, I don't know how that could be topped. I just wish Mac was filling in tomorrow on middays so he could transition with B and G.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, I didn't see that I was being asked to fill people in. I think people already give the gist of it but when they announced Patrick Mannelly was going to host, Dan took time to personally thank Rod Zimmerman for not bringing Mac back, saying that management had been "permissive to a fault" and "accepting to a fault" of Mac's issues with depression and addiction, and that Rod did the right and courageous thing by not offering Mac a contract. Also, with Mac off the roster, now the Score could say that every major host had at least a bachelor's degree (though didn't Mac?), and that this would make the Score a better station than it was before. There may have been some other stuff in there, might be worth combing the archives for the show thread, but it was a look behind the curtain and I didn't like what I saw one bit.

I don't recall if Mac ever finished some final classes or something? Anyway, does Goff have one? Not sure about that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

It really is hard to believe he has never been on the receiving end of a fairly serious beating.

Mac might have eventually earned his degree from Ball State.

AFAIK Goff dropped out of ISU and does not have a bachelor's degree.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
I heard it at the time. I cannot remember if TB was present that day. I kept thinking someone needs to check little Danny and cannot recall that anyone did.

It was a Leery fill-in.

Thanks for this. Great daily thread with Quality comments by MANY.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

I don't recall if Mac ever finished some final classes or something? Anyway, does Goff have one? Not sure about that.

Goff has a masters degree in "Range Rovers and Being Yourself"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff flunked out of SIU after his freshmen year. Maybe it was just one semester. He's told the story about having a broadcasting class where the professor told them they had to talk properly. And Goff never went back to the class. I'm sure his parents were happy to drop a 10 or 15k on somebody that didn't go back to class after the first day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Beardown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I caught the end and transition. Spiegs was telling a story and Mac got brought up. Parkins jumps in and plugs the Mac and Mully show tomorrow morning and Goff gets salty and says “we know. Go on with your story.” :lol: :lol:

I'm old and forgetful ... why would Goff carry disdain for Mac?

Because he's an ungrateful bitch.

When Goff was just a lowly B&B producer, Mac allowed him to sub on his show several times. Mac did this even though the great Ja Sa Go would relentlessly attack Mac on the B&B show.

Guess what? Goff will smile and give Mac a big hug when he sees him in person. "How you doin', playa. So glad you're back at the station. Missed you, brother."

Because Goff is a phony.

It's sad. Goff has a lot more in common with Mac than Bernstein. When Goff used to be himself on radio he was an enjoyable listen. It's weird that all the back-ups want/wanted to copy Bernstein when Mac was always the more successful host and has had the better career.

Last edited by Kirkwood on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Beardown wrote:
Goff flunked out of SIU after his freshmen year. Maybe it was just one semester. He's told the story about having a broadcasting class where the professor told them they had to talk properly. And Goff never went back to the class. I'm sure his parents were happy to drop a 10 or 15k on somebody that didn't go back to class after the first day.

#justjasongoffthings
#evanstonismyhood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Later that year, Dan's bosses were host-friendly to a fault when they didn't suspend him for tweeting that he loves giant boobs. They'd finally get him a few months later when he tweeted that the Blackhawks ran a train on Cheryl Scott, but nobody thanked Mitch or Rod on the air for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats one hellava thread, CH. Great find.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Thats one hellava thread, CH. Great find.

Great show that day .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:31 pm 

Bernstein is up 2 to 0 on Mac. He can clinch the series with one more win.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:42 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
That last part about the bachelor's degree...

I really don't remember it happening that way, especially with Jason sitting there with not even a completed semester at SIU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:46 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I caught the end and transition. Spiegs was telling a story and Mac got brought up. Parkins jumps in and plugs the Mac and Mully show tomorrow morning and Goff gets salty and says “we know. Go on with your story.” :lol: :lol:

When Goff was just a lowly B&B producer, Mac allowed him to sub on his show several times. Mac did this even though the great Ja Sa Go would relentlessly attack Mac on the B&B show.

Guess what? Goff will smile and give Mac a big hug when he sees him in person. "How you doin', playa. So glad you're back at the station. Missed you, brother."

Because Goff is a phony.

It's sad. Goff has a lot more in common with Mac than Bernstein. When Goff used to be himself on radio he was an enjoyable listen. It's weird that all the back-ups want/wanted to copy Bernstein when Mac was always the more successful host and has had the better career.

I've said for a while that Goff has much more in common with North than with Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Later that year, Dan's bosses were host-friendly to a fault when they didn't suspend him for tweeting that he loves giant boobs. They'd finally get him a few months later when he tweeted that the Blackhawks ran a train on Cheryl Scott, but nobody thanked Mitch or Rod on the air for it.

Great thread, and thanks for finding it.

And the Score higher ups tried for more than a year to get Mac to come back.

And as you know CH, no one has suffered more from Mac's absence than Bernstein.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:59 pm 

Bernstein would have had bigger bonus checks if the Score had kept Mac and not signed the Cubs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
That last part about the bachelor's degree...

I really don't remember it happening that way, especially with Jason sitting there with not even a completed semester at SIU

Jason wasn't at the Score when they hired Mannelly. He was in Atlanta.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Bernstein would have had bigger bonus checks if the Score had kept Mac and not signed the Cubs.

His ass kissing of Zimmerman for signing the Cubs deal was pathetic.

More "real, smart, guys talk" for one of the dumbest moves ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Which is interesting in of itself . Hire the guy who couldn’t draw flies in fucking Atlanta and ended up getting fired and hand him the afternoon drive shift based on .... nothing .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:23 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Which is interesting in of itself . Hire the guy who couldn’t draw flies in fucking Atlanta and ended up getting fired and hand him the afternoon drive shift based on .... nothing .

Based on

1) his comfort with Dan and Dan's comfort with him
2) his loyalty to the Score, willingness to pay dues, and familiarity with the audience, most of which go hand-in-hand with 1)
3) the fact that a sports-talker in a market as black and Hispanic as Chicago had historically been dominated by white on-air talent

Putting Jason in afternoons probably seemed like a great idea at the time. In practice, the show has been a weird half-continuation of Boers & Bernstein with less of its good traits and more of its bad ones. I think Jason does a lot of things well but something about this show is not clicking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Because Goff is a phony.

I've said for a while that Goff has much more in common with North than with Bernstein.

Absolutely. Besides their races, Goff and North are very similar.

1. Both are racist

2. Both are loud, ignorant and say dumb things with zero logic.

3. Both are uneducated and were long shots to get a full time radio gig at the SCORE.

4. Both have had feuds with Da Ma Na.

5. Both guys never wanted kids. Only difference is Pappy's condoms always worked.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:27 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
lipidquadcab wrote:

Great thread, and thanks for finding it.

And the Score higher ups tried for more than a year to get Mac to come back.

And as you know CH, no one has suffered more from Mac's absence than Bernstein.

Dr. Ken's podcast with Mac covered WSCR's interest in Mac well if one is interested to hear it from him directly. Pretty sure the link below is to correct podcast.
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=105038

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
beni hanna wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

It was a Leery fill-in.

Thanks for this. Great daily thread with Quality comments by MANY.

In a fit of rage someone referred to Bernsie as the station's "Racist Napoleon with a Bobble Head." That's some cold shit.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:31 pm 

Good day today with this topic! What makes the score work is the a. the silliness, b. callers and c. awesome guests. Mac, Terry, and for what its worth, Mully and Hanley get /got that. And so does Bernsie. And matt and danny. Goff doesn't. He thinks its about HIM and His/their show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 pm 

oak forest blarney wrote:
Good day today with this topic! What makes the score work is the a. the silliness, b. callers and c. awesome guests. Mac, Terry, and for what its worth, Mully and Hanley get /got that. And so does Bernsie. And matt and danny. Goff doesn't. He thinks its about HIM and His/their show.

Hello Friend

I don't entirely agree with your synopsis, but oak forest blarney post is worth a note. Good day sir/maam.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:33 pm 

Why... thank you!