It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:45 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
KC seems like a picture perfect football town.

Yeah I would say so. It is a great town. Big city things with a small town feel and definitely obsessed with the Chiefs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Woah Nellie! Even First Round Series games are drawing "record numbers". Hate to see what the numbers will be for the 2nd Round Series between the Lakers and G.S.

Quote:
NEW YORK – Game 7 of the Golden State Warriors vs. Sacramento Kings series on ABC on Sunday, April 30 averaged 9.8 million viewers, making it the most-watched first round NBA playoff game in 24 years. The game, which peaked with 11.9 million viewers, is ABC’s largest audience for a non-NBA Finals postseason game ever.

Overall, the NBA delivered its most-watched first round in nine years with games across ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBA TV averaging 3.4 million viewers, up 15% vs. last year. TNT, ABC and ESPN were the most-watched networks in primetime among viewers under 50 on 13 of the 14 nights of first round coverage.

TNT delivered its most-watched first round in five years, averaging 3.5 million viewers (up 6% vs. last year). For Disney platforms (ABC and ESPN), it was the most-watched first round ever with an average of 4.5 million viewers, an 18% increase from last season.

The NBA App and @NBA social generated a record 2.6 billion video views during the first round, up 46% vs. 2022. The NBA App recorded its most active users ever in a single day on Sunday, April 30.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
long time guy wrote:
There isn't more interest in Off Season out of town Football than there is in the NBA right now. No way. No How.
Yet "record" ratings for NBA first round games still drawing less than off season out of town football. Whoa Nellie!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:06 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Woah Nellie! Even First Round Series games are drawing "record numbers". Hate to see what the numbers will be for the 2nd Round Series between the Lakers and G.S.

Quote:
NEW YORK – Game 7 of the Golden State Warriors vs. Sacramento Kings series on ABC on Sunday, April 30 averaged 9.8 million viewers, making it the most-watched first round NBA playoff game in 24 years. The game, which peaked with 11.9 million viewers, is ABC’s largest audience for a non-NBA Finals postseason game ever.

Overall, the NBA delivered its most-watched first round in nine years with games across ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBA TV averaging 3.4 million viewers, up 15% vs. last year. TNT, ABC and ESPN were the most-watched networks in primetime among viewers under 50 on 13 of the 14 nights of first round coverage.

TNT delivered its most-watched first round in five years, averaging 3.5 million viewers (up 6% vs. last year). For Disney platforms (ABC and ESPN), it was the most-watched first round ever with an average of 4.5 million viewers, an 18% increase from last season.

The NBA App and @NBA social generated a record 2.6 billion video views during the first round, up 46% vs. 2022. The NBA App recorded its most active users ever in a single day on Sunday, April 30.

That's pretty good and that 9.8 million average is only about 1.5 million less than the NFL draft got on Thursday!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:08 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time guy wrote:
There isn't more interest in Off Season out of town Football than there is in the NBA right now. No way. No How.
Yet "record" ratings for NBA first round games still drawing less than off season out of town football. Whoa Nellie!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:09 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Quote:

That's pretty good and that 9.8 million average is only about 1.5 million less than the NFL draft got on Thursday!

And :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:10 pm 

The NFL draft averaged 11.4 million on Thursday. What am I not comprehending?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Whoa Nellie!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:11 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brick wrote:

Quote:
The NFL offseason is just under six months.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:13 pm 

Oh, I didn't comprehend your incomprehensible point.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:14 pm 

Brick wrote:

Validation!
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

I guess LTG's new schtick is to post a bunch of convoluted information that may or may not be accurate, then scream you can't comprehend his mess when you question it.

Quite a thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:38 pm 

Brick wrote:

Word to Brick: You might need to explain to your buddy, your pal Ballpark Frank just what is meant by the term "average" while you're at it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brick wrote:

Quote:
Average audience of six million viewers watched the three-day event

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:41 pm 

So a Game 7 of the NBA playoffs outdrew the 4-7 rounds of the NFL draft, and this is a point worth making? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I guess LTG's new schtick is to post a bunch of convoluted information that may or may not be accurate, then scream you can't comprehend his mess when you question it.

Quite a thing.

In your case I don't think anyone needs to "scream" anything in order to get their point across.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:46 pm 

Brick wrote:
So a Game 7 of the NBA playoffs outdrew the 4-7 rounds of the NFL draft, and this is a point worth making? :lol:

You're CFMB's version of the 72 Dolphins. You're "relentlessly" celebrating the fact that you have 1 day out of 175 Off Season Days in which your point has merit. Do you not quite realize how silly this makes you appear? Just Asking A Question :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:47 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Do you not quite realize how silly this makes you appear?

Awesome :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:48 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Do you not quite realize how silly this makes you appear?

Awesome :lol: :lol:

Ditto!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

You're CFMB's version of the 72 Dolphins. You're "relentlessly" celebrating the fact that you have 1 day out of 175 Off Season Days in which your point has merit. Do you not quite realize how silly this makes you appear? Just Asking A Question :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditto! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 3:57 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

The draft is a big story for much more than 1 day out of 175 and it's not like the NBA is a big story in most of those days either.

The draft ratings are just a good example of the reach of the NFL outside of the season.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:09 pm 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

The draft is a big story for much more than 1 day out of 175 and it's not like the NBA is a big story in most of those days either.

The draft ratings are just a good example of the reach of the NFL outside of the season.

NFL only does "HUGE" draft ratings on day 1 of the draft. The other 2 days "AVERAGE" FEWER viewers than a Tuesday night playoff game on TNT. Watch Ballpark Frank (known stats guy :lol: :lol: :lol:) work "feverishly" in order to "disprove" the point somehow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

"There isn't more interest in Off Season out of town Football than there is in the NBA right now but the nfl draft does HUGE ratings day one"

Whoa Nellie!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:05 pm 

Link, why do you fall for this every single time?

It's a running joke that can only live if you respond.

Unless you are in on it, to which I say, well done

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 5:55 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Unless you are in on it, to which I say, well done

That anyone REALLY believes that there is some sort of message board "ethos" which you must adhere to is what I find to be the biggest "joke" of all actually. Along with the fact that idiots like Frank place so much value into it. You'd think that the career loser had just hit for the PowerBall Jackpot the way he gets all lathered up at the prospect of someone "responding" to one of his rather mundane posts.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:49 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

NFL only does "HUGE" draft ratings on day 1 of the draft. The other 2 days "AVERAGE" FEWER viewers than a Tuesday night playoff game on TNT. Watch Ballpark Frank (known stats guy :lol: :lol: :lol:) work "feverishly" in order to "disprove" the point somehow :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like rounds 2 and 3 of the draft beat the NBA playoff games on Friday.

NBA beat rounds 4-7 though!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:52 pm 

Brick wrote:

"Looks Like" :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:52 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes. This also doesn't seem to include the draft coverage on ABC which would give the NFL draft a big lead.

NFL Draft(combined on ESPN/ESPN2/NFL): 5.33 million.
Grizzlies/Lakers: 4.64 million.
Kings/Warriors: 4.98 million.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

LTG Troll, Powered By Chat GPT [This is an unmonitored troll bot, do not respond] wrote:
Basketball as a sport, first invented by Canadian national James Naismith, sucks.

LTG wrote:

LTG Troll, Powered By Chat GPT [This is an unmonitored troll bot, do not respond] wrote:
Football rules.

LTG wrote:

Quote:

System overload. The data engine was not able to process all required data in time. Code E45LmX

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:06 am 

Brick wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Brick wrote:

Yes. This also doesn't seem to include the draft coverage on ABC which would give the NFL draft a big lead.

NFL Draft(combined on ESPN/ESPN2/NFL): 5.33 million.
Grizzlies/Lakers: 4.64 million.
Kings/Warriors: 4.98 million.

YOWZA! YOWZA! YOWZA!

Round 1 of NBA Playoffs on ABC/ESPN Sets Viewership Records
“The NBA enjoyed tremendous digital success too with its app and social media platforms amassing a total of 2.6 billion views, 46% higher than last year’s total.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:13 am 

Yowza! Yowza! Yowza!

Quote:
Per Basketball News, the NBA has just surpassed 70 million followers on Instagram, more than the MLB, NHL, and NFL combined, making the league a top-10 followed page on IG as a whole.

Just wait until you hear the numbers from last year for the Association, though. The NBA was the most-viewed sports league on all platforms, compiling 24 billion views and 2.3 million engagements. In 2021 alone, the NBA gained 18 million new followers across Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

To put their success into perspective, the NFL has 25 million followers, MLB 8.9 million, and the NHL at 5.5 million. Kevin Estevez, who was hired by the NBA as a digital content strategist, explained how they separate themselves from the rest in terms of engagement.

Via Basketball News:

“What’s really been our guiding philosophy throughout is we’ve tried to be a first-mover on all of these platforms, and in many cases, we were the first sports-league account on the platform,” Esteves explained. “Then, it’s about optimizing content for the platform that we’re on — not just spraying the same piece of content across all of our platforms, but really optimizing for each platform, nurturing that fan base and giving them exactly what they want. That’s sort of been key in our recipe for success.”

The NBA is doing it the right way. With more stars breaking into the scene each and every season, they’re only going to grow even more

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next