It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
NFL product Sucked Ass this year, but those ratings sure were great!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Clawmaster wrote:
Takes were solid, sorry to have exposed your lack of NBA fandom.

However, you will be much more informed after you complete all the research I gave you, so your welcome as always, thanks for your call.

I already forgot what you assigned. I barely remember what your bad takes were. I do know they were so inconsequential that I'm not even going back to see what exactly what they were.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Seeing more of the European influence, guys like Luka and Jocic flopping around and then whining like bitches when they don't get a foul called, slows the game down, league obviously coddles and protects the "superstar" players, games almost seem rigged at times.

Bad take #2. Are games being rigged for the T-wolves, Magic, and Thunder? Are they going out of their way to protect the lackluster Lakers, Suns, and Warriors?

NO ONE EVER cried more than the '80's Celtics

New rule: Flopping gets you an unsportsmanlike technical.

Let's see how the T-Wolves, Magic, and Thunder do in the playoffs, did you just recently start watching the NBA? Do you pay attention to it at all, the Jokic 18 free throws? Maybe you watching a different TV than everyone else.

Here is a homework assignment for you, will fully explain in crayon what you need to do, go to the magic google machine, it will take a bit for your Commodore 64 to load everything up, and the video will be a bit wonky, but watch the Dallas Mavericks, they have a kid from Slovenia named Luka Doncic, you likely do not know that Slovenia is a country, but it is and they do have a ton of very tall white guys there that are good at basketball.

Ok lil' fella, you found the video, now press that triangle thing so it will play, now watch how Doncic looks at the ref after every play, then compare that to the old Celtics/Lakers where they did complain, but did not stop playing to berate the ref as the guy they were supposed to be defending was running the other way down court, compare and contrast the two approaches.

Next you will go to a Denver Nuggets video and watch a very, very tall and awkward looking guy named Nikola Jokic, now this will undoubtedly confuse you as he does not look very athletic, but trust me his is a good player. You will also be confused that he is from Serbia, it was likely a part of Yugoslavia the last time you were perusing your Funk & Wagnalls or Encyclopedia Britannica, or maybe you never got past Weekly Reader, but anyway the country of Yugoslavia split up into several places that produces very all white guys. You will notice the same type of thing from Jokic, he even makes a praying type motion to the refs from time to time, which again slows the game down and makes you watch him bitch.

Well, you have a lot of work to do and with the limited capacity of you Commodore 64 it will take hours to load stuff, so go forth and conquer young knight!

Early favorite for post of the year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:29 am 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:

I watched some basketball from england during halftime of the college championship game. London v. Newcastle. It was kind of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

It really did, particularly the first six weeks of the season. The current CBA has basically killed training camp, and it shows in the on-field product.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

It really did, particularly the first six weeks of the season. The current CBA has basically killed training camp, and it shows in the on-field product.

Yeah I always wondered what kind of impact that would have. And didn't they double down on that lunacy by holding players out even more during the preseason? Or was that just the Bears?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
QB play was mostly bad and the lack of QB depth around the league was on full display given all the injuries.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
well at least the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade managed to beat an NFL game in ratings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:30 pm 

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Sucked Ass this year, but those ratings sure were great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Sucked Ass this year, but those ratings sure were great!

:lol:

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade always sucks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:34 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:

:lol:

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade always sucks!

That's what a Chicagoan would say.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:49 pm 

How Many Days Til Bears are in "pads" again? Just Asking a Question

SICP morning lifting starts tomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs/Buffalo Bills game was the highest-rated game in NFL divisional round history.

CBS Sports announced an average of 50.4 million viewers on Sunday Night, making it the most-watched program since Super Bowl LVII last February.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
The Kansas City Chiefs/Buffalo Bills game was the highest-rated game in NFL divisional round history.

CBS Sports announced an average of 50.4 million viewers on Sunday Night, making it the most-watched program since Super Bowl LVII last February.

That is pretty crazy. It wasn't long ago that 20-25M was a ridiculous number. This was a divisional game, not even a Championship game and both of those look good on paper also.

The bar is set high though, so look for people like Florio to predict the decline of football if they are only doing 38M next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:58 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:

That is pretty crazy. It wasn't long ago that 20-25M was a ridiculous number. This was a divisional game, not even a Championship game and both of those look good on paper also.

The bar is set high though, so look for people like Florio to predict the decline of football if they are only doing 38M next year.

Wow, that number is crazy in today's media landscape.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:

The NFL has certainly mastered the art of drawing casual fans to the product. Football fans find the endless shots of Taylor Swift annoying, but they already have us, they know there is a chance it will draw in non-football viewers, so you get the shots of her and the entertaining antics of the Kelce brothers plastered all over social media.

You pair that with the fact that NFL games are one of the few remaining appointment TV destinations and you get a massive live audience.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:05 am 

Think about how big the ratings would be if they could get Jelly Roll in a suite!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Brick wrote:
Think about how big the ratings would be if they could get Jelly Roll in a suite!

He already lives in your mind, so he watched it with you on Sunday.

Thinking of giving my fan club members a name, how does "Paws Club" sound?

Do appreciate all of my followers, so glad I was able to open up new trains of thought to them, but that is what the Baron did back in the day, of course he did it by applying the dreaded claw hold, my methods are far less taxing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:31 pm 

Do you think the NBA would actually get higher ratings if they cancelled the basketball part of the NBA and just had the same players play a game of flag football?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Brick wrote:
Do you think the NBA would actually get higher ratings if they cancelled the basketball part of the NBA and just had the same players play a game of flag football?

I would watch that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
The Pro Bowl Games skills competition drew double-digit percentage audience increases in the overall ages 18–34 group, and males within that demographic.

Initial figures for this year show that this year's Pro Bowl Games skills competition drew an average audience of 1.14 million, up 8% and the best figure for that part of the event since 2018.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:57 am 

In this Valentine's season, I can say without fear that I heart Frank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:50 am 

Frank may have been the rightest anyone on here has ever been rightest about anything.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The people of Germany loved Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:16 pm 

This guy gets it!
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Disagree.

Out of town football is an instant PTFB for MANY Chicago sports radio fans. Or at least it was when I routinely listened to Chicago sports radio.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:16 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
You can talk out of town football any time of the year as football is pretty much the king of sports. It's the one sport that every sports radio listener follows. If you don't follow football, then you probably don't tune into sports radio in the 1st place.

There isn't more interest in Off Season out of town Football than there is in the NBA right now. No way. No How.

Nope!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
But it turns out there was.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:47 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:

No there isn't. NFL Offseason consists of 6 months and the only time anyone cares about it happens to be for 3 days. And you really can't count the 3rd day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
In this Valentine's season, I can say without fear that I heart Frank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
TriColoredPastas wrote:

No there isn't. NFL Offseason consists of 6 months and the only time anyone cares about it happens to be for 3 days. And you really can't count the 3rd day.

I admire you for continuing to dig your heels in on this argument. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next