It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
veganfan21 wrote:
LTG Troll, Powered By Chat GPT [This is an unmonitored troll bot, do not respond] wrote:
Football rules.
:lol: :lol:

LTG wrote:
Hey, my intelligence is artificial too!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Link, why do you fall for this every single time?

It's a running joke that can only live if you respond.

LTG Troll, Powered By Chat GPT [This is an unmonitored troll bot, do not respond] wrote:
Basketball as a sport, first invented by Canadian national James Naismith, sucks.

LTG wrote:
You're CFMB's version of the 72 Dolphins. You're "relentlessly" celebrating the fact that you have 1 day out of 175 Off Season Days in which your point has merit. Do you not quite realize how silly this makes you appear? Just Asking A Question :lol: :lol: :lol:

NFL only does "HUGE" draft ratings on day 1 of the draft. The other 2 days "AVERAGE" FEWER viewers than a Tuesday night playoff game on TNT. Watch Ballpark Frank (known stats guy :lol: :lol: :lol:) work "feverishly" in order to "disprove" the point somehow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Football rules.

LTG wrote:
Woah Nellie! Even First Round Series games are drawing "record numbers". Hate to see what the numbers will be for the 2nd Round Series between the Lakers and G.S.

Quote:
NEW YORK – Game 7 of the Golden State Warriors vs. Sacramento Kings series on ABC on Sunday, April 30 averaged 9.8 million viewers, making it the most-watched first round NBA playoff game in 24 years. The game, which peaked with 11.9 million viewers, is ABC’s largest audience for a non-NBA Finals postseason game ever.

Overall, the NBA delivered its most-watched first round in nine years with games across ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBA TV averaging 3.4 million viewers, up 15% vs. last year. TNT, ABC and ESPN were the most-watched networks in primetime among viewers under 50 on 13 of the 14 nights of first round coverage.

TNT delivered its most-watched first round in five years, averaging 3.5 million viewers (up 6% vs. last year). For Disney platforms (ABC and ESPN), it was the most-watched first round ever with an average of 4.5 million viewers, an 18% increase from last season.

The NBA App and @NBA social generated a record 2.6 billion video views during the first round, up 46% vs. 2022. The NBA App recorded its most active users ever in a single day on Sunday, April 30.

System overload. The data engine was not able to process all required data in time. Code E45LmX

Leaves are falling all around
It's time I was on my way
Thanks to you I'm much obliged
For such a pleasant stay
But now it's time for me to go
The autumn moon lights my way
For now I smell the rain
And with it pain
And it's headed my way
Ah, sometimes I grow so tired
But I know I've got one thing I got to do
Ramble on
And now's the time, the time is now
To sing my song
I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl
On my way
I've been this way ten years to the day
Ramble on

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:32 pm 

Take that NFL! Our NBA app is better!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:59 pm 

Yowza! Yowza! Yowza!
So far during the 2022-23 season, the NBA has generated 14.4 billion views across its social platforms (a 49% increase over last season). Across the NBA app, NBA.com and connected devices, the NBA has generated 794 million video views (a 195% increase over last season).

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I wonder if some of those social media platforms are bullshit China numbers. They sold theor soul to them so who knows.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

I like how this has gone from "there is not more interest in off season out of town football than the NBA right now" to "over the course of the season its possible more 10 second gifs have been streamed on NBA social media sites than number of people who watched the NFL draft last weekend."

I guess if you pull at enough straws over the years, you will finally grab one that works whoa nellie

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I like how this has gone from "there is not more interest in off season out of town football than the NBA right now" to "over the course of the season its possible more 10 second gifs have been streamed on NBA social media sites than number of people who watched the NFL draft last weekend."
I guess if you pull at enough straws over the years, you will finally grab one that works.

You can say that again!
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I guess if you pull at enough straws over the years, you will finally grab one that works whoa nellie

Bernstein talks way too much NBA even though I don't mind it. They really (all shows) should have more NFL/College coverage. NBA Ratings are up in some of the first round games, but that is still 9M nationally. Maybe they are happy with that, but any football with NFL or meaningful college teams is going to generate more interest. Some of these shows though think it's more important to cover another Bulls loss.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
The 2023 NFL Draft in Kansas City had a total unduplicated audience in the United States of 54.4 million viewers for the three-day event, per the NFL.
I wonder how many of those supposed 2.4 billion streams were duplicates. YOWZA!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:12 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I guess if you pull at enough straws over the years, you will finally grab one that works.

You can say that again!
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I wonder how many of those supposed 2.4 billion streams were duplicates. YOWZA!

Tell Me About It. Yowza! Yowza! Yowza! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Quote:
Thank you Kansas City,” McCarthy wrote. “What a Draft celebration. 312k fans on hand over the three days. Onto the 2023 season.”

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:21 pm 

BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Bernstein talks way too much NBA even though I don't mind it. They really (all shows) should have more NFL/College coverage. NBA Ratings are up in some of the first round games, but that is still 9M nationally. Maybe they are happy with that, but any football with NFL or meaningful college teams is going to generate more interest. Some of these shows though think it's more important to cover another Bulls loss.

Bernstein talks about it more than other hosts and that is only because MANY of the guys there hardly discuss it all. Outside of the NFL draft, Off Season NFL Football is a way of time. Definitely not more pertinent than the NBA playoffs. That was always my point.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

Your point is wrong. HOOCHIE MOMMA!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:01 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Your point is wrong. HOOCHIE MOMMA!

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Simple Frank needs to go to brain rehab.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

If it weren't for the Bulls, this city might be the most overrated sports city universally, not just nationally. There's really nothing going on beyond the Bulls 6 wins besides the Hawks' run. It's actually hockey and basketball preventing the city from becoming really embarrassing.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:24 pm 

Whether a local team wins or loses matters little when it comes to ascertaining whether a city is a "great sportstown" or not. The fans determine that. Not the success of the franchises

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
BD wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I'm not an NBA fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I enjoy the NBA talk as well. One, it's one of the only ways I know what's going on in the NBA. Two, while the NFL is definitely the most popular topic in all of sports, the amount of time the Score devotes to Bears coverage during the season is completely out of control. Not enough happens in one regular season Bears' game to sustain a week's worth of content.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:44 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Whether a local team wins or loses matters little when it comes to ascertaining whether a city is a "great sportstown" or not. The fans determine that. Not the success of the franchises

Exactly. We may be chumps but fans are supportive and engaged. That's a sports town.

but, 15 championships in 38 years in the four major sports and a slew of minor ones is semi notable

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 6:33 pm 

Warren Newson wrote:
Two, while the NFL is definitely the most popular topic in all of sports, the amount of time the Score devotes to Bears coverage during the season is completely out of control. Not enough happens in one regular season Bears' game to sustain a week's worth of content.

Exactly. This is actually the main reason I stopped watching football and also the main reason I stopped listening to the score. I grew up a huge Football fan. Diehard Bears but when the score came along found myself liking it less and less. And then eventually not at all. Fantasy Football, Gambling Shows, That dumbass show where Zach Zaidman used to whisper all the time(all access) etc. After awhile I stopped listening to the Score because of it. Then later I stopped watching football altogether.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:25 am 

NFL dominating social media with schedule release videos. Sounds like the NBA is about to lose that app views advantage they worked so hard to get!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Exactly. We may be chumps but fans are supportive and engaged. That's a sports town.

but, 15 championships in 38 years in the four major sports and a slew of minor ones is semi notable

Say what now?

Bulls = 6
Hawks = 3
Cub = 1
Sox = 1
Bears = 1

That's 12. Did I miss 3?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Chicago Sky?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

gd said 4 major sports. WNBA would not qualify. Learn to read.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Say what now?

Bulls = 6
Hawks = 3
Cub = 1
Sox = 1
Bears = 1

That's 12. Did I miss 3?

Maths are hard.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 3:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Frank Coztansa wrote:
gd said 4 major sports. WNBA would not qualify. Learn to read.

As the #1 Sky fan, basketball is major sport, it counts.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
The fact that none of you seem to know that the Sky have won only one championship would seem to suggest that WNBA titles do NOT count as "majors".

That said, even if we were counting WNBA titles, that would still only put Chicago at 13 championships, not 15.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Quote:
The four-game Nuggets-Lakers NBA Western Conference Finals averaged 7.9 million viewers across ESPN and ABC.

Congrats on the conference finals getting almost 2/3 of the viewers of night one for the off season out of town NFL draft.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Quote:
The four-game Nuggets-Lakers NBA Western Conference Finals averaged 7.9 million viewers across ESPN and ABC.

Congrats on the conference finals getting almost 2/3 of the viewers of night one for the off season out of town NFL draft.

Dan Bernstein says the NBA ratings are strong, but the Finals will not be good.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

The WCF ratings were up over last year. But clearly this statement made early in the thread, "there isn't more interest in Off Season out of town Football than there is in the NBA right now," has been proven wrong time and time again.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: What??
If Jokic is your biggest star, there's gonna be a problem. European Jesus...he's not.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time guy wrote:
There isn't more interest in Off Season out of town Football than there is in the NBA right now. No way. No How.
Yet "record" ratings for NBA first round games still drawing less than off season out of town football. Whoa Nellie!

Quote:
Not too shockingly, people tuned in for Game 7 between Boston and Miami in record numbers. Per the AP: “The Miami Heat’s win over the Boston Celtics to reach the NBA finals has drawn the highest preliminary television rating for an NBA playoff game on cable since records started being kept in 2003. Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals Monday night produced a 9.1 overnight rating, roughly 10-11 million viewers.

Highest rating playoff game ever, which took place on a Holiday evening, still fails to outdraw the 'Off Season out of town Football' event on a Thursday.

Yes way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next