It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
man of few opinions wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
But it turns out there was.

No there isn't. NFL Offseason consists of 6 months and the only time anyone cares about it happens to be for 3 days. And you really can't count the 3rd day.

I admire you for continuing to dig your heels in on this argument. :lol:

NFL diehards are euphoric about the fact that they have less than .00000000001% of the Off Season to actually gloat about its level of "importance" and "relevance" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
TriColoredPastas wrote:

No there isn't. NFL Offseason consists of 6 months and the only time anyone cares about it happens to be for 3 days. And you really can't count the 3rd day.

NFL diehards are euphoric about the fact that they have less than .00000000001% of the Off Season to actually gloat about its level of "importance" and "relevance" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving forward, What is your goal in this thread? Not attempting to be mean spirited, just asking a question

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
billypootons wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Moving forward, What is your goal in this thread? Not attempting to be mean spirited, just asking a question

to get it to 65 pages

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:28 pm 

billypootons wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

That question should have been directed at those who continously troll about the topic months ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
This has got me thinking, what was the genesis of this thread/argument? Was it when Bernstein & Goff spent multiple segments discussing an NBA eigth-Final matchup and people were taking the piss out of them for it, so LTG got all butthurt and tried to argue that NBA playoff interest dwarfs that of NFL off-season interest?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
This has got me thinking, what was the genesis of this thread/argument? Was it when Bernstein & Goff spent multiple segments discussing an NBA eigth-Final matchup and people were taking the piss out of them for it, so LTG got all butthurt and tried to argue that NBA playoff interest dwarfs that of NFL off-season interest?

He's just upset that his Bulls did nothing at the trade deadline.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The NFL was accidentally built for gambling. Their scoring system is the reason. That the defense can score is the reason.

A gambler in football is almost never out of the hunt.

It's not the actual play on the field that is superior. It's the product behind the product that's superior.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
long time douche was incredulous that the trade of a top WR in football (at the time) garnered discussion on local radio airwaves. If people actually cared about the NBA, it wouldn't have happened.

It will be fun when the NFL Combine gets higher Tv ratings than whatever NBA trash happens to be televised on those days.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:12 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time douche was incredulous that the trade of a top WR in football (at the time) garnered discussion on local radio airwaves. If people actually cared about the NBA, it wouldn't have happened.

It will be fun when the NFL Combine gets higher Tv ratings than whatever NBA trash happens to be televised on those days.

You're just that stupid to where YOU believe that a lazy as shit, out of work talk show host like Dan McNeil actually has his "fingers on the pulse" of what is or isn't "quality sportstalk". It's no wonder that both yours and his acts grew stale a LONG TIME AGO, GUY!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:27 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank is definitely not a dude known for ability to "analyze" that's for sure
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nfl-co ... e2ggp3bpxh

Quote:
ESPN opted to air special editions of NFL Live from the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis during its standard two-hour opinion block on Thursday and Friday, and move High Noon, Highly Questionable, Around the Horn, and Pardon the Interruption to ESPN2. In a vacuum where the goal would be to maximize ratings for ESPN's flagship network in that window, it is hard to frame this decision as anything other than highly unsuccessful. However, it is possible to consider other factors in Disney's relationship with the NFL and perhaps conclude that the potential ends justify the means.

On Thursday from 4-6pm ET, NFL Live averaged 241,000 viewers and on Friday it averaged 251,000 viewers. Here is what the opinion shows averaged on the previous three Thursdays and three Fridays in February (full data at bottom of page):

Quote:
Slight Dip in NFL Combine Audience
Coverage of the NFL Combine averaged a 0.17 rating and 267,000 viewers on NFL Network, down 3% in viewership from last year (276K) but up 19% from 2016 (225K). Last Saturday’s window, which included the quarterback, wide receiver and tight end workouts, was the top draw with a 0.24 (-8%) and 389,000 (-4%)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nfl-co ... e2ggp3bpxh
Quote:
Mar 3, 2020
:lol: :lol:

Quote:
This year's Super Bowl was watched by an average of 123.4 million people in the US, making it the most watched broadcast since the 1969 Moon landing.

Preliminary US TV ratings put Sunday's game just behind Apollo 11's historic landing, which was seen by an estimated 125 to 150 million people.

Kansas City Chiefs beat the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 in overtime on Sunday in Las Vegas, NV.

NFL > NASA

NASA > NBA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 pm 

How would Frank know what most people like to watch? His idea of "Must See TV" consists of watching Golf?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Both the moon landing and Superbowl were staged

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:42 pm 

The anticipation for this "off-season event" is considered to be off the charts!

https://www.nfl.com/network/events/nfl-combine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Dude, I don't know what you're trying to argue. I love basketball and the NBA but there's no doubt the NFL garners more eyeballs across the country. At this point more people would watch Mahomes watch paint dry than they would watch the NBA playoffs, and that's totally fine. Just accept it. It doesn't mean basketball sucks.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:54 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
. At this point more people would watch Mahomes watch paint dry than they would watch the NBA playoffs, and that's totally fine. Just accept it. It doesn't mean basketball sucks.

This is more CFMB claptrap. Something which you just seem to love. And if events like the combine were so much more compelling than an NBA game, then they wouldn't be telecast on Cable television's version of Siberia. Nothing says "hot ticket" quite like having your events telecast on NFL Network.
But hey continue to spin the company line. You're actually rather good at it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Quote:
NBA Draft averaged 3.74 million viewers

Quote:
Thursday’s opening round of the NFL Draft averaged a combined 11.29 million viewers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:42 pm 

Quote:

Yep
Franky T wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Thursday’s opening round of the NFL Draft averaged a combined 11.29 million viewers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Quote:

Yep
Franky T wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have no idea what you are saying here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Quote:

Yep
Franky T wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have no idea what you are saying here.

The mere fact that the only aspect of the NFL Offseason that anyone ever can seem to reference is the NFL Draft in essence validates the point that I happen to be making. The NFL ONLY OUTDRAWS the NBA on 2 Out of about 200 days during its Offseason And that's day 1 and Day 2 of its Draft. That's it. With this being said it makes no sense to keep LYING to the people as if it happens to be otherwise because it isn't. Outside of Day 1 and Day 2 of the draft, very few actually give a shit about the NFL during its Offseason. Because if they did, then the NFL Combine would never be televised on a station that draws fewer viewers than the IHSA Championship Basketball Game does.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:35 am 

Because if they did, then the NFL Combine would never be televised on a station that draws fewer viewers than the IHSA Championship Basketball Game does.
Once again, the NFL combine not outdrawing live NBA games isn't the big win you think it is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:57 am 

i think this is the 20th anniversary of the combine being televised.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:31 am 

Brick wrote:
Because if they did, then the NFL Combine would never be televised on a station that draws fewer viewers than the IHSA Championship Basketball Game does.
Once again, the NFL combine not outdrawing live NBA games isn't the big win you think it is.

Yes it is if the topic pertains to "Off Season Football" And if Brick isn't "gaslighting" every issue then what exactly is that he actually does around here? Just Asking A QUESTION

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:40 am 

Brick wrote:

Yes it is if the topic pertains to "Off Season Football" And if Brick isn't "gaslighting" every issue then what exactly is that he actually does around here? Just Asking A QUESTION
So why is it a big win that actual live NBA games will draw a larger audience than people running in a straight line?

It's always been about interest in terms of discussing things outside the actual games.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:19 am 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

So why is it a big win that actual live NBA games will draw a larger audience than people running in a straight line?

It's always been about interest in terms of discussing things outside the actual games.

Whenever the argument is obviously stupid, then just simply make an attempt to "recalibrate" the argument. Won't work. this rip dude. Accept your L and move on

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I bet the Combine outdraws the NBA this weekend. Excited to see the numbers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:45 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I bet the Combine outdraws the NBA this weekend. Excited to see the numbers

Which renders me more confident than ever now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:51 am 
100000 CLUB

You're very confident in your support of a losing argument over the years. I will give you that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:00 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You're very confident in your support of a losing argument over the years. I will give you that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Yeah sure whatever dude. Make sure to post those rather "robust" combine numbers whenever you get the chance "aye"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
JAGG watches the combine hoping a dick will fall out during the 40

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next