It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:37 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
With your sunny disposition and great personality I cannot believe your phone isn't ringing off the hook. Nobody calls you? I'm shocked.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
The only person I call regularly is my dad, unless it's somebody's birthday. Almost everything else is text, email, or instant messaging depending on the person or the time of day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
The only person I call regularly is my dad, unless it's somebody's birthday. Almost everything else is text, email, or instant messaging depending on the person or the time of day.

My phone is always on "Do not disturb." Everyone knows I don't answer. Text or email.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Kirkwood wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
DAC wrote:
Parkins sure does like saying 100 percent.

It seems like he hears or reads a word or phrase he likes and then starts to overuse it:

draft capital
do the calculus
err on the side of aggression
game theory

"obviously"

says that word too often as well. if something is obvious then you don't have mention it, Parko

He describes nearly everything as either "incredible" or "amazing" when they could have been more accuarely described as "good" or "somewhat amusing."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
"obviously"

says that word too often as well. if something is obvious then you don't have mention it, Parko

He describes nearly everything as either "incredible" or "amazing" when they could have been more accuarely described as "good" or "somewhat amusing."

i podcasted yesterday's transition and he dropped a perfect Parkins gem.

Parkins wrote:
It's a risk-reward calculus. But when he gets down there in close, he can't try to make the perfect throw because not only is it a turnover; you're taking 3 off the board at a minimum. So he does seem to be prone to potentially the fatal mistake, which is obviously awful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
"obviously"

i podcasted yesterday's transition and he dropped a perfect Parkins gem.

Parkins wrote:
It's a risk-reward calculus. But when he gets down there in close, he can't try to make the perfect throw because not only is it a turnover; you're taking 3 off the board at a minimum. So he does seem to be prone to potentially the fatal mistake, which is obviously awful.

Jesus... :lol:

Arguing about whether or not a coach made the right decision because Option A results in success 46% of the time and Option B results in success 49% of the time is not good radio to me. As Mac pointed out, there are other things happening on the field that can affect a coach's decision besides "what the math says."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:01 pm 

Parkins needs to learn how to cool his jets regarding certain topics. Beating a dead horse is an understatement.

It started with the blind trust of Maddon/Theo/Jed/Cubs regarding literally any move.

Now he's quickly becoming an equally annoying jag with his love of Pace/Nagy.

Parkins' belief in McCarthy as a bad coach is right. But omg we get it. This is Chicago radio and I hear more about McCarthy out of Parkins' mouth than Milwaukee radio.

All these guys are jaggoffs. The over-the-top too often repeated opinions on them is PTFB.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:05 pm 

He often sounds like that guy who read Grantland or Fangraphs for the first time. And now they won't shut the fuck up

Well, actually, kicking the 43-yard FG was the sub-optimal strategy because going for it on 4th would've increased their winning probability by 3%

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:13 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Parkins needs to learn how to cool his jets regarding certain topics. Beating a dead horse is an understatement.

It started with the blind trust of Maddon/Theo/Jed/Cubs regarding literally any move.

Now he's quickly becoming an equally annoying jag with his love of Pace/Nagy.

Parkins' belief in McCarthy as a bad coach is right. But omg we get it. This is Chicago radio and I hear more about McCarthy out of Parkins' mouth than Milwaukee radio.

All these guys are jaggoffs. The over-the-top too often repeated opinions on them is PTFB.

Kirkwood wrote:
He often sounds like that guy who read Grantland or Fangraphs for the first time. And now they won't shut the fuck up

Well, actually, kicking the 43-yard FG was the sub-optimal strategy because going for it on 4th would've increased their winning probability by 3%

100% agree on both posts and :lol: at the second one. The buzz words make guys like that sound like interchangeable robots, but they think they sound brilliant.

Mac's presence helps to temper the things you mentioned, but when he's not there a solo Parkins sounds like a windbag who thinks he's on the right side of history about everything. He just doens't come off as likable or open to opinions other than his own.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:20 pm 

His shock when NFL coaches mis-manage the clock or fail at in-game strategy is so annoying. Motherfucker, is this the first year you have watched the NFL???? Every coach is a dumbass with that stuff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:22 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Complaining about clock management is football's version of complaining about the power play: you can always say it and you'll never be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins is a master of speaking without saying anything when he's solo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
vitoscotti wrote:

He'd be perfect for AM 1000.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:17 pm 

Why is he so obsessed with Mike McCarthy? Has he lost a lot of money betting on the Packers?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
vitoscotti wrote:

Parko not on my level.. not even close... How dare you sir

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:51 pm 

Don't let anyone take your picture before you finish your cherry slurpee.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
That's lipstick, his teeth would be red if it was a slurpee or slush.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: ....
billypootons wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Parko not on my level.. not even close... How dare you sir

This guy is truly a 7th Dan Black Belt of saying absolutely nothing of import or value, but being able to babble on for hours.

His mere one handed, remote Chi-strike would cripple Parkins in an instant.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 am 

312player wrote:
That's lipstick, his teeth would be red if it was a slurpee or slush.

Dude, give the man some credit. Those lips probably properly ate Ginger Zee's box.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Very bizarre sportsradio Wednesday afternoon on m&p. Mac spent 15 minutes talking Parkins down from a ledge about his sleep issues. Mac played doctor recommending sleep aids. Parkins apparently does no exercise or walking which would help. I only hate Parkins when he force-feeds sabermetrics & sjw. I'm very sympathetic to him with his back history. But, this is stuff to talk to a doctor about, not get counseling on sportsradio from guy with a dubious past with drugs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:46 pm 

Honestly, Parkins is turning out to be more of a human curiosity than Grobstein.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:44 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
With your sunny disposition and great personality I cannot believe your phone isn't ringing off the hook. Nobody calls you? I'm shocked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get 'im, 'Spo!

Nice.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Mama Santa's
Tad Queasy wrote:
DAC wrote:
Parkins sure does like saying 100 percent.

It seems like he hears or reads a word or phrase he likes and then starts to overuse it:

draft capital
do the calculus
err on the side of aggression
game theory

Bernstein likes to say “anecdotal”
Grobstein: “No doubt about that”
Mac: “Desirous”

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:16 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Actually, vitoscotti, my history with legal and illegal chemicals (learning the science of drugs, the brain and human behavior) makes me the PERFECT person to explore his dilemma. Think I can relate to the restlessness of a 32-year-old, recently-married, ascending sports radio star who's on the cusp of the biggest business deal in his young career? With experience, and they don't all have to have positive outcomes, comes wisdom.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Mac FM wrote:
Actually, vitoscotti, my history with legal and illegal chemicals (learning the science of drugs, the brain and human behavior) makes me the PERFECT person to explore his dilemma. Think I can relate to the restlessness of a 32-year-old, recently-married, ascending sports radio star who's on the cusp of the biggest business deal in his young career? With experience, and they don't all have to have positive outcomes, comes wisdom.

Pulling the goalie cures all ills!

-Mackey circa November 2018

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:
Honestly, Parkins is turning out to be more of a human curiosity than Grobstein.

Yesterday they played a soundbite from Les where he was saying no one on the current Bears roster, including David Robinson, could start for the '85 team, and the current tight ends couldn't carry Emery Moorehead's jock.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
he soundbyte of Les was hysterical...."David" Robinson :lol:
I only wish M&P would have spent more time on it. I was old enough to watch and experience the greatness of the '85 Bears. That defense as a whole is one of the all time best....that being said, Mack and Hicks would run circles around the '85 Bears.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Is it odd that Parkins is pitching mattresses while admitting recently that he has trouble falling asleep?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:07 pm 

Mac: I would run for the hills if I were the fan of an NFL team that hired Pat Fitzgerald.
Parkins: Really, why? I don't get get the calculus people do to determine that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
denisdman wrote:
Is it odd that Parkins is pitching mattresses while admitting recently that he has trouble falling asleep?

perhaps, i giggle each time i hear parkins selling me erection pills ("....promo code score, there's never been a more appropriate promo code than that")

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next