It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
billypootons wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Is it odd that Parkins is pitching mattresses while admitting recently that he has trouble falling asleep?

perhaps, i giggle each time i hear parkins selling me erection pills ("....promo code score, there's never been a more appropriate promo code than that")

Years ago Fred Huebner had spots running simultaneously for a donut shop and some place selling diet pills.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
billypootons wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Is it odd that Parkins is pitching mattresses while admitting recently that he has trouble falling asleep?

perhaps, i giggle each time i hear parkins selling me erection pills ("....promo code score, there's never been a more appropriate promo code than that")

Years ago Fred Huebner had spots running simultaneously for a donut shop and some place selling diet pills.

I need some help!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm 

Parkins grouped hiring Vinny Del Negro with hiring "that screaming guy on the bench." I'm so glad this passionate fan of the Cubs and Bulls is on the home of the Cubs and Bulls!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:19 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
DAC wrote:
Parkins sure does like saying 100 percent.

It seems like he hears or reads a word or phrase he likes and then starts to overuse it:

draft capital
do the calculus
err on the side of aggression
game theory

"obviously"

says that word too often as well. if something is obvious then you don't have mention it, Parko

Schematically.

It kind of cracks me up how the end of every segment with Brian Billick is a commercial for something he's promoting. "So, Brian, tell me about...[insert product here]"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:31 pm 

Wayne Larrivee making Parkins sound like a twit in dismissing his over-the-top praise for Nagy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:50 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Wayne Larrivee making Parkins sound like a twit
and why not

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
Wayne Larrivee making Parkins sound like a twit in dismissing his over-the-top praise for Nagy.

Wayne should shut the fuck up and worry about where Aaron's next lay is coming from.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
It sounded like Mac was bothered by Parkins during the Wayne Larrivee interview.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:01 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Wayne Larrivee making Parkins sound like a twit
and why not

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Monicals
Nas wrote:
It sounded like Mac was bothered by Parkins during the Wayne Larrivee interview.

That as a tense and largely childish interview. Parkins behaved as if Larrivee called out his daddy as a wuss on the playground (even though Larrivee is mostly off-base about Nagy), then couldn't resist trolling him a gratuitous shot at Mike McCarthy. Larrivee was pretty-much red-assed during the entire discussion. Mac was the only adult in the room.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm 

AtomicFlop wrote:
Nas wrote:

That as a tense and largely childish interview. Parkins behaved as if Larrivee called out his daddy as a wuss on the playground (even though Larrivee is mostly off-base about Nagy), then couldn't resist trolling him a gratuitous shot at Mike McCarthy. Larrivee was pretty-much red-assed during the entire discussion. Mac was the only adult in the room.

hyuh, I mean, hyuh hyuh, if you WANT to say Nagy isn't that great, you CAN, hyuh hyuh, but YOUR coach got fired, soooooo maybe he iiiiis that great?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
AtomicFlop wrote:
Nas wrote:

Parkins is mentally unable to have a rational conversation about McCarthy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
I can't warm up to Parkins. I don't think he knows a lot about what it is he's watching.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mac & Parkins endless talking together is dry as dust. I gather the score has gone on the cheap with regular paid guests.
Mike Lombardi was interesting, he's gone as a paid guest. That's why score guys like Speigel, Grote, Hub are expert guests... cost effecient.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
vitoscotti wrote:
Mac & Parkins endless talking together is dry as dust. I gather the score has gone on the cheap with regular paid guests.
Mike Lombardi was interesting, he's gone as a paid guest. That's why score guys like Speigel, Grote, Hub are expert guests... cost effecient.

I like taking callers over guests but then again I'm the type of guy who stayed in his parked car dying of laughter listening about "5000 dollar suits" at funerals.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:47 pm 

Wayne Larrivee sounded salty as fuck. Sounds like a guy that's having a hard time dealing with the fact the Packers are going to fucking suck the next few years. Parkins might be a douche, but Larrivee is right next to him. I like Larrivee. But, fuck him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:03 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I just finished the interview, and I don't know, parts of it certainly sounded standoff-ish, while others sounded like two guys knowingly trolling one another about a heated rivalry. Mac was definitely grinding his teeth a few times when Parkins was trolling Larrivee, but was laughing heartily when Larrivee returned serve. Dunno, it might be one of those things where there's a presupposed understanding of each other's humor that we're not privy to. Maybe it started sounding peckish because one or both didn't understand the other, and then settled once one party realized there was a tinge of humor in the words of the other.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Haven't heard the interview yet, but did hear the sound byte of Larivee crying about Nagy. I like Wayne Larivee's PBP, but holy shit did he sound like a little bitch. Rip on Parkins all you want, but Larivee deserved to be trolled for that broadcast.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I just finished the interview, and I don't know, parts of it certainly sounded standoff-ish, while others sounded like two guys knowingly trolling one another about a heated rivalry. Mac was definitely grinding his teeth a few times when Parkins was trolling Larrivee, but was laughing heartily when Larrivee returned serve. Dunno, it might be one of those things where there's a presupposed understanding of each other's humor that we're not privy to. Maybe it started sounding peckish because one or both didn't understand the other, and then settled once one party realized there was a tinge of humor in the words of the other.

Yeah this one failed to live up to the hype after listening to it .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:59 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Haven't heard the interview yet, but did hear the sound byte of Larivee crying about Nagy. I like Wayne Larivee's PBP, but holy shit did he sound like a little bitch. Rip on Parkins all you want, but Larivee deserved to be trolled for that broadcast.

If you listened to the interview you'd understand what he meant by arrogant. I haven't listened to Mac + Parkins in months but this interview is a perfect example why. Parkins is an unlistenable twat. He without a doubt was personally offended by Larrivee labeling Nagy arrogant. I have never heard a radio host so protective or rah-rah about a coach like Parkins is about Nagy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I enjoyed the hell out of that interview. Mac admitted during transition that it was kind of set up as a bit. Parkins was just playing up on the rivalry and also on Wayne being an old school guy who the game has left behind. Sure Parkins was a bit disrespectful, that's what he was going for.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
I enjoyed the hell out of that interview. Mac admitted during transition that it was kind of set up as a bit. Parkins was just playing up on the rivalry and also on Wayne being an old school guy who the game has left behind. Sure Parkins was a bit disrespectful, that's what he was going for.

I'm not sure what interview you listened to if that was your takeaway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Wayne should shut the fuck up and worry about where Aaron's next lay is coming from.

It has to be tremendous pressure doing anything involved with the Packers.

They don't have fans, they have absolute FANATICS in the truest and most extreme sense of the word.

The second half of this season's opener was won BY THE FANS. The way they booed at the end of the first half was extremely intimidating. They just have learned to never, ever, settle for mediocrity, or worse, failure.

I certainly don't fault Larrivee for succumbing to the tribalism - any other smart person would do the same. That's really all it was.

Nagy was stupid for doing the fake, though. He almost cost us the game with that muff.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Kirkwood wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I relistened to it in its entirety, with the benefit of hearing Mac and Parkins discuss it the next day.

You admit you don't listen to Mac and Parkins and you personally don't like Parkins. You're missing some quality radio.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:51 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

It has to be tremendous pressure doing anything involved with the Packers.

They don't have fans, they have absolute FANATICS in the truest and most extreme sense of the word.

The second half of this season's opener was won BY THE FANS. The way they booed at the end of the first half was extremely intimidating. They just have learned to never, ever, settle for mediocrity, or worse, failure.

I certainly don't fault Larrivee for succumbing to the tribalism - any other smart person would do the same. That's really all it was.

Nagy was stupid for doing the fake, though. He almost cost us the game with that muff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Many people on the wrong side of history when it comes to Parkins. He's great.

Also, that larivee interview was nothing. pretty standard interview, and Mac and Parkins were a bit easy on him if anything for his embarrassing Nagy comments.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Many people on the wrong side of history when it comes to Parkins. He's great.

Also, that larivee interview was nothing. pretty standard interview, and Mac and Parkins were a bit easy on him if anything for his embarrassing Nagy comments.

Everyone here hates everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:26 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Not me. I love everybody.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:26 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I relistened to it in its entirety, with the benefit of hearing Mac and Parkins discuss it the next day.

You admit you don't listen to Mac and Parkins and you personally don't like Parkins. You're missing some quality radio.

Correct, I can't stand Parkins. His idolatry of Maddon and Theo during the summer made me want to throw up. The adulation for coaches and management has clearly carried over to Nagy and Pace, as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:00 pm 

I don't know if Parkins ever had any luster, but after giving him a fair listen the last couple of months I just don't find him likable.

He comes across as super pompous, and he hits the mic daily thinking that he has some profound thought .... and will spend the rest of the show agast that anyone could disagree. One could argue this formula is what you want from your host - but I really think the host needs to be likable to pull that off. Whether it's the stoner laugh or his word-of-the-day take on an issue, I'll take a pass. His response to any sort of discussion/argument is to first agree "correct" or "100 percent", but then explain to the other person that since he accepts that they have to accept whatever angle he is taking. If that doesn't work, go to the super condescending "you don't really think that _____" take (in a sing-songy, whiny voice) and throw a word like "travesty" or bring up KC.

I'm still angry at Mac for bringing meatpants back to Chicago, but he is a bit of a comfortable shoe ... familiar, not pretentious, and will have a discussion. He's got a bit of classic North in him with the parody songs, and owns how bad they are. I heard Parkins bring up his work (on parody songs) with meatpants, and his attempt at self deprecation seemed incredibly forced and disingenuous.

Much like Gina Grad (on the Adam Carolla podcast) is supposedly MENSA (while coming across as a complete buffoon), they chose to pair Bernstein with McKnight - "smart" sports talk - and man McKnight sounds like a bigger moron than Mike North ever did. He went (after winning a contest) to the Larry Holmes school of radio where you make a statement - wait to hear which way Bernstein goes on it - then IMMEDIATELY change course if what you just said isn't in line with Bernstein. I'm supposedly right in the station's demo, but good God I don't know how McKnight is ever an answer to any question about sports talk....and I don't know how letting a cocky nerd like Parkins take the wheel of your afternoon/drive time show is ever a great idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next