It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Woke Mac
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Surprised to hear Mac state MANY at the UC can no longer cheer for Patrick Kane like they used to. He stated something like, “they know what kind of man he is.”

Other than acting like frat-boy douchebag at times, there is no reason to not cheer when he scores. The rape charge was BS. He was drunk in Madison (who hasn’t been). His worst offense seems to be the taxi driver punch, and he was really young. Am I missing something?

Post subject: Re: Woke Mac
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Heisenberg wrote:
Surprised to hear Mac state MANY at the UC can no longer cheer for Patrick Kane like they used to. He stated something like, “they know what kind of man he is.”

Other than acting like frat-boy douchebag at times, there is no reason to not cheer when he scores. The rape charge was BS. He was drunk in Madison (who hasn’t been). His worst offense seems to be the taxi driver punch, and he was really young. Am I missing something?

That was classic when the taxi drivers lawyer said his client was in bad shape after the Kane incident.
Then, after the taxi driver was paid off by Kane, the taxi driver referred to Kane as a"fine young man".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I was actually thinking about this the other day, weird. Mac does seem to have veered Left sometime between his Mac & Spiegs days and his recent return to The Score, and I'm not sure why. Could just be that this kind of pervasive politicking is only recently in vogue, and Mac is displaying political sensibilities that have always been there. But that doesn't seem to jibe with the Old Mac of HFC days: Drinky, smokey, snorty Mac who loved fishing and rocking doesn't exactly portend "Patrick Kane is problematic, and I get that, and it's Actually Good" Mac.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Agreed. But my larger point is Kane a bad guy? One unworthy of cheers? I take my kids to games, a d have no problem if they cheer or wanted an 88 sweater.

I would not want them to wear a Ray Rice Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Didn't someone here mention a few weeks ago that during a transition, Bernstein was gonna give Mac what he knew about the Kane deal? Maybe an off-air discussion was had, and maybe Mac bought what Bernstein was selling.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Does anyone actually believe Bernstein has sources? Or, just stuff & rumors he picks up on the internet? Even Julie is hinting she has a Cubs finance source. Please!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Mac has always been a tad conflicted. His stance against sitting in different seats than those you purchased has always bugged me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Well shit , maybe he can just jump on and answer why he’s holding the ridiculous notion that people don’t cheer for him anymore because he’s a bad guy because I gotta tell ya, he seems pretty fucking beloved every time he touches the puck

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
As a STH, I promise you, Kaner is beloved.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I wish someone who knows The Truth About Patrick Kane would just tell the rest of us, since apparently we don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 pm 

A guy who hasn't done anything wrong in years, except get fraudulently accused in a scam, and there are media members still scapegoating him...or covering up things they're too chicken shit to talk about.

Sweet home Chicago!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Now wait a minute ...

Unless I badly misheard and misunderstood, he and Parking agreed today (rightfully so) that a person's job shouldn't be forfeit just because of allegations ... if they're guilty, fine, launch them.

I know that's not all the same idea as noted above, but all I remember were allegations that slowly fell to pieces until everyone just walked away because I'm looked a great deal like there was some chicanery and lying afoot.

How can you give Kane the business because of allegations but then declare allegations alone mean nothing without proof and a fair non-acquittal trial?

RIP Thursdays at 5.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 pm 

You forgot that Bernstein and Goff, through their sources Fels and McClure, strongly hinted that we'll never know the true story, the implication being that they do, and that Kane is indeed a rapist.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Mac has always been woke / leftist. Nothing new here.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
wdelaney72 wrote:
Mac has always been woke / leftist. Nothing new here.

People forget that a 2 yr. old Mac protested w/ Dr. King in Birmingham.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 pm 

Breaking news: father of son with autism believes in social safety net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
vitoscotti wrote:
Does anyone actually believe Bernstein has sources? Or, just stuff & rumors he picks up on the internet? Even Julie is hinting she has a Cubs finance source. Please!

Bernstein likes to be vague while using a very dramatic tone so it sounds like he's saying something when he's not saying anything. He doesn't care about being right, he just cares about not being able to be told he was wrong.

No, no, no...Show. Me. Where. I. Said. That.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews are beloved. Two of the greatest athletes of all time in Chicago. Well above Khalil Mack and the boys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Not for long..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I was just listening to Speigel and Rosenbloom. They were talking about Addison Russel and DV. Rosenbloom read a text from someone who said his Blackhawks' fandom changed due to the Kane rape allegations and has been tainted ever since. Speigel said those allegations proved to be without merit and Rosenbloom interrupted him and said "We don't know if they were without merit because it never went to court."

WTF? There are still people in the media, most of whom apparently work at WSCR, who seem oddly invested in people believing Kane is guilty.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:07 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
I was just listening to Speigel and Rosenbloom. They were talking about Addison Russel and DV. Rosenbloom read a text from someone who said his Blackhawks' fandom changed due to the Kane rape allegations and has been tainted ever since. Speigel said those allegations proved to be without merit and Rosenbloom interrupted him and said "We don't know if they were without merit because it never went to court."

WTF? There are still people in the media, most of whom apparently work at WSCR, who seem oddly invested in people believing Kane is guilty.

And the reason it never went to court is because a fucking no-nonsense competent professional real ass D.A. did a months long investigation ( aside from all the other shit pulled by her side ) and basically called her a lying gold digging c unt who should probably be prosecuted herself in his summation of deciding how much " merit" there was to her story but I'm sure Lil Danny , Julie, Rosenbloom etc, have better sources on the case whoknow what really happened than the district fucking attorney in the case. These fuckers are worse than Hilary Clinton supporters still butthurt that she lost.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Tad Queasy wrote:

Kane wasn't even charged because the accuser and her family turned out to be whackos. Rosenbloom went full-blown SJW a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
vitoscotti wrote:

MANY don't have a problem with a media personality having actual "trusted sources". No big deal, really - most media outlets have them. It comes as a result of continuity, trust and years of relationships.

I worked at a newspaper for ten years and I understand it completely.

However, if true, why would one publicly confirm a source's exact team and department? That could easily appear to be careless and irresponsible possibly resulting in termination of said source?

If I was the source of a media personality and they reported what I told them by outing the team and the department I worked for, that would result in immediate "ghosting".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 am 

Dan happily opened up the doors of his home to Bobby Hull

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 am 

I guess Mac missed this thread huh ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:03 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
And the reason it never went to court is because a fucking no-nonsense competent professional real ass D.A. did a months long investigation ( aside from all the other shit pulled by her side ) and basically called her a lying gold digging c unt who should probably be prosecuted herself in his summation of deciding how much " merit" there was to her story but I'm sure Lil Danny , Julie, Rosenbloom etc, have better sources on the case whoknow what really happened than the district fucking attorney in the case. These fuckers are worse than Hilary Clinton supporters still butthurt that she lost.

Bernstein regularly suggested that because Kane had a police officer with him as security it meant that there was a conspiracy within the department to cover-up the sexual assault. He also suggested for years on the air that Kane regularly slept with under-age girls.

He followed all of this up by saying that Kane would soon be getting married in a PR stunt to make these stories go away. For some reason Bernstein has had a chip on his shoulder about Kane.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Dan happily opened up the doors of his home to Bobby Hull

Good catch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:50 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Bernstein regularly suggested that because Kane had a police officer with him as security it meant that there was a conspiracy within the department to cover-up the sexual assault. He also suggested for years on the air that Kane regularly slept with under-age girls.

He followed all of this up by saying that Kane would soon be getting married in a PR stunt to make these stories go away. For some reason Bernstein has had a chip on his shoulder about Kane.

White hockey player.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah from a talk radio perspective a Blackhawks controversy like that was ratings gold. Get passionate meatball fans to call in and argue as well as listen to every breaking crumb of news about their best player. Furthermore, when the story is so clouded it makes the perfect scenario to create all sorts of rumors and story lines to keep it going.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:15 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I was actually thinking about this the other day, weird. Mac does seem to have veered Left sometime between his Mac & Spiegs days and his recent return to The Score, and I'm not sure why. Could just be that this kind of pervasive politicking is only recently in vogue, and Mac is displaying political sensibilities that have always been there. But that doesn't seem to jibe with the Old Mac of HFC days: Drinky, smokey, snorty Mac who loved fishing and rocking doesn't exactly portend "Patrick Kane is problematic, and I get that, and it's Actually Good" Mac.

Mac has always leaned left. He just talks about it more now because Parkins brings it up.