It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can't Do It
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
It sounds like everyone but Terry was high as a kite.

NO

That can be taken two ways

I can promise you that Jiggs, Shaer and Terry were not walking around high or drunk.

Nor were Jesse, Judd, Alzamora, Fischman or Gieiser.

Gleason and Henderson were sober too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:00 pm 

I thought Jesse was North's running mate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Mac FM wrote:
sabu, your hostility is misguided. I am not in a deadpool. Considered one this year (85 & over) but passed. More importantly, if I DID get in one, I sure as fuck wouldn't notify anybody I chose.

Right. Which is why you gave some bullshit answer about how uncomfortable it was for you to talk about instead of saying I cant do it. You wouldnt tip anybody off as to who you were putting money on. Segment is a joke and your openness and honesty is complete crap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Don't feel like reading the whole thread, but did RodeoVann send a message to Mac about being in his deadpool? The fuck is going on here.

Did Van really do this?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:11 pm 

The Man wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
sabu, your hostility is misguided. I am not in a deadpool. Considered one this year (85 & over) but passed. More importantly, if I DID get in one, I sure as fuck wouldn't notify anybody I chose.

Right. Which is why you gave some bullshit answer about how uncomfortable it was for you to talk about instead of saying I cant do it. You wouldnt tip anybody off as to who you were putting money on. Segment is a joke and your openness and honesty is complete crap.

Did Gloop or Score is Doomed change their login?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
The Man wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

Did Gloop or Score is Doomed change their login?

Haters gone hate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I thought Jesse was North's running mate

After hours.

And he certainly wasn't trying to keep up with him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Mac FM wrote:
You seem a bit obsessed by my recovery, MHSPBGLHLG. Okay, I'll be your Huckleberry.

In September, I asked my golf buddy to grab a "couple helpers" from his wife's script. She had a knee. I had a back (and a shoulder) in addition to a biceps tendon I ruptured in August of '14. He gave me two 5 mg hydrocodone tabs (Vicodin).

I don't keep a script because I don't trust myself. "As needed" stopped applying to me around December of '07, two months after spinal fusion surgery. After that surgery, I took Norco 10 ("yellow birds" as I said). Had never had them before. Yeah, I had many Vicodin scripts of lower dosage over the years from a bunch of surgeries/injuries and I admit to occasionally added a couple to potentiate the effects of alcohol.

Never, however, had a met a pill that had such a dramatic effect as the Norco 10. The way they smelled. The sound of their shake in the bottle. It was Pavlovian. More than any substance I ever ingested. When I went into residential treatment in late '13, I realized I never, ever could have it again.

Had left knee replacement in Feb. of '16, and a laminectomy (back clean up near fusion) in Feb. of '17. Both times, I told the doc, no Norco.... low dosage Vic only. Both times, I set the vile next to my sink on the vanity and told Sheri to babysit me because I need it. Neither time did I exceed recommended dosage nor did I continue to refill after pain subsided. With the knee, I needed 'em up to about the six weeks mark in PT. With the back last winter, I didn't even finish the 30 5s that came with the initial script.

Some would say I shouldn't have done ANY of the above. I stopped worrying about what SOME say a long time ago.

Meetings? Not for me anymore. Haven't gone since shortly after I started the morning thing at the Drive, so what's that, Feb. or March of '15 I suppose. Got tired of a lot of it. They tell you "look for the similarities, not the differences." That's helpful but I grew tired of the 'YOU DID WHAT!!!!!????" reaction.

Bottoms are difference. I was lucky. My bottom was extreme withdrawal from things and most people. Didn't care to golf with buds anymore ('11, '12, '13). Lost my desire to go to games or travel. I REALLY didn't want to work (it included people and talking). Didn't really care much about intimacy with anybody but my wife and sons. I was content to become a complete recluse. Worth noting that in '11 and '12, I went off my psych meds without discussing with doctor.

Those meetings were valuable early, but some of the things I heard people talk about doing to their spouses, children, parents, friends, co-workers... I couldn't listen to it anymore. It became depressing. And meetings welcome newcomers... they have to because it's the right thing. Nothing more annoying than a 24-year-old addict with two weeks of sobriety who wants to hold forth on important issues because he now is an expert. Keep it.

I also believe in the stark honesty that is expected. I'm not a liar. I can proclaim retirement from LSD (9/84), mushrooms (6/86) cocaine (7/03) and acceptable "as needed" use of pain med since '13, but if I'm going to smoke ganj and have a couple bourbons or beers once in awhile, I'd feel like a hypocrite at meetings.

Still have a lot of contact with some "brothers & sisters" in the program... but I'm out on meetings.

Not obsessed about your recovery, but genuinely curious.

Considering you portray yourself as someone who is willingly transparent about your challenges in life and how open you've been about your drug use and recovery in the past, I was interested in an update.

Then your clearly dodging of the topic got me even more intrigued.

Thanks for finally replying

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

#Stan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
#Stan

#Spiegs

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: ....
The Man wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

If you actually had a life, you wouldn't last 10 fucking minutes doing that segment, dipshit.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:58 am 

MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
You seem a bit obsessed by my recovery, MHSPBGLHLG. Okay, I'll be your Huckleberry.

In September, I asked my golf buddy to grab a "couple helpers" from his wife's script. She had a knee. I had a back (and a shoulder) in addition to a biceps tendon I ruptured in August of '14. He gave me two 5 mg hydrocodone tabs (Vicodin).

I don't keep a script because I don't trust myself. "As needed" stopped applying to me around December of '07, two months after spinal fusion surgery. After that surgery, I took Norco 10 ("yellow birds" as I said). Had never had them before. Yeah, I had many Vicodin scripts of lower dosage over the years from a bunch of surgeries/injuries and I admit to occasionally added a couple to potentiate the effects of alcohol.

Never, however, had a met a pill that had such a dramatic effect as the Norco 10. The way they smelled. The sound of their shake in the bottle. It was Pavlovian. More than any substance I ever ingested. When I went into residential treatment in late '13, I realized I never, ever could have it again.

Had left knee replacement in Feb. of '16, and a laminectomy (back clean up near fusion) in Feb. of '17. Both times, I told the doc, no Norco.... low dosage Vic only. Both times, I set the vile next to my sink on the vanity and told Sheri to babysit me because I need it. Neither time did I exceed recommended dosage nor did I continue to refill after pain subsided. With the knee, I needed 'em up to about the six weeks mark in PT. With the back last winter, I didn't even finish the 30 5s that came with the initial script.

Some would say I shouldn't have done ANY of the above. I stopped worrying about what SOME say a long time ago.

Meetings? Not for me anymore. Haven't gone since shortly after I started the morning thing at the Drive, so what's that, Feb. or March of '15 I suppose. Got tired of a lot of it. They tell you "look for the similarities, not the differences." That's helpful but I grew tired of the 'YOU DID WHAT!!!!!????" reaction.

Bottoms are difference. I was lucky. My bottom was extreme withdrawal from things and most people. Didn't care to golf with buds anymore ('11, '12, '13). Lost my desire to go to games or travel. I REALLY didn't want to work (it included people and talking). Didn't really care much about intimacy with anybody but my wife and sons. I was content to become a complete recluse. Worth noting that in '11 and '12, I went off my psych meds without discussing with doctor.

Those meetings were valuable early, but some of the things I heard people talk about doing to their spouses, children, parents, friends, co-workers... I couldn't listen to it anymore. It became depressing. And meetings welcome newcomers... they have to because it's the right thing. Nothing more annoying than a 24-year-old addict with two weeks of sobriety who wants to hold forth on important issues because he now is an expert. Keep it.

I also believe in the stark honesty that is expected. I'm not a liar. I can proclaim retirement from LSD (9/84), mushrooms (6/86) cocaine (7/03) and acceptable "as needed" use of pain med since '13, but if I'm going to smoke ganj and have a couple bourbons or beers once in awhile, I'd feel like a hypocrite at meetings.

Still have a lot of contact with some "brothers & sisters" in the program... but I'm out on meetings.

Considering you portray yourself as someone who is willingly transparent about your challenges in life and how open you've been about your drug use and recovery in the past, I was interested in an update.

Just post under your damn name, Spiegs.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Panther pislA wrote:
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

How bout I lay under your wife's crotch instead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I doubt Spiegs doesn't have a favorite pizza place.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza pros
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
Wasn't aware of the recovery thread, but I'll check it out. Meantime, get a therapist. He or she is likely to be more helpful than 300 slapdicks and Spaulding holding forth on important issues. I'm glad I've made you (and probably others) a bit uncomfortable. I'd be itchy in judgmental skin, too.

No one's judging you. It's worth mentioning. The image of you throwing on the Led Zepplin hockey jersey and trolling for tail in boystown brings a smile to my face.

I just read former 44th Ward Alderman Dick Simpson's latest book, The Good Fight, and he talks about a homosexual experience he had in college. Maybe this type of "experimentation" is more common than I thought.

I will admit that there are some men I find attractive- Ryan Phillippe, the late Marc Bolan, the kid from Dazed and Confused. The thing is, they all look like chicks. I can't really see rolling around with some bear. No offense, Mac. Or dolphin.

There are objectively handsome men. I don't think I'd refer to them as attractive, at least not to me. Maybe I'm in denial but its always been women who did it for me. I was just a little kid when Charlie's Angels was on. I distinctly remember some scene where they had to go to a nude beach. I didn't know anything about the birds and the bees yet and was way too young to do anything about it if I did. It just naturally was something that I was attracted to and couldn't get out of my mind. Never had that kind of experience with a guy.

Well, I think there's a line there somewhere between masculinity and femininity. Would you bang Brienne of Tarth?

Hell. Yeah I'd fuck that BIG bitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:45 am 

MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

How bout I lay under your wife's crotch instead

Impossible.

I've seen pictures of you, Bro. Gheorghe Mureșan couldn't straddle that mountainous gunt of yours.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:20 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
It might be time to put Can't Do It on the sidelines for a month.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
One of the callers yesterday asked Mac about his aforementioned drug-induced sexual thoughts and whether he envisioned being the pitcher or catcher. After pausing to think about what could be said on air, Mac responded that it didn't involve taking his pants off.

I happened to be in the car with my wife (she probably hasn't heard Mac since the HFC days), and it was funny to see her WTF reaction to the conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
One of the callers yesterday asked Mac about his aforementioned drug-induced sexual thoughts and whether he envisioned being the pitcher or catcher. After pausing to think about what could be said on air, Mac responded that it didn't involve taking his pants off.

I happened to be in the car with my wife (she probably hasn't heard Mac since the HFC days), and it was funny to see her WTF reaction to the conversation.

Yikes.. so Mac wants to suck some D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I think either Parkins or Shep responded, "that narrows it down." :lol:

Mac did go on to talk seriously about some of his therapy and how his issues stemmed from feelings of abandonment from his mother and sister. Kudos to Mac for his honesty and being able to overcome some pretty rough times.

Last edited by Jaw Breaker on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I didn't follow it exactly but Mac made it seem he goes no further than his wife putting a pinky up his ass during a blow job or something. I don't know if he elluded to anything about doing the fucking or sucking.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:28 am 

I couldn't find the Charlie's Angles scene I referenced. Here is another memorable one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA1vt9Xktfs

This was during my pre teens and even if I didn't know why I wanted it I knew what I wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
It seems the jail guard knew exactly what she wanted. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
doug - evergreen park wrote:

I concur.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:41 am 

Don Tiny wrote:

I concur.

When it works, it's a lot of fun, but when it doesn't...

For one thing, cannot they just flat out say, no more sex calls. I mean they're inane and who the hell really wants to know that stuff.

For another, it seemed like yesterday, they clearly had some kinda signal or such, that from Mac how you doing it to Danny asking him to talk about therapy. It seemed very planned to me, as a way to filibuster Can't Do It without specifically nixing it. I mean they took all of what 2 calls yesterday.

Finally, I'd love to ask Mac, if I ever called on Can't Do it, "Do you want to continue Can't Do It?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:45 am 
1000 CLUB

Just ask Parkins...Can you please cancel "Can't Do It?"

He'll say..."can't do it" and you'll get a prize.

Yesterday was likely a response to things we have been posting here. And then the callers sucked...(no pun intended).

and welcome to the board VI. Try not to be an ass...and stay away from the Politics section. you'll get internet aids.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:47 am 

and welcome to the board VI.

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:52 am 
1000 CLUB

47 posts in 13 and a half years...

so, welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Theceej7 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
Wasn't aware of the recovery thread, but I'll check it out. Meantime, get a therapist. He or she is likely to be more helpful than 300 slapdicks and Spaulding holding forth on important issues. I'm glad I've made you (and probably others) a bit uncomfortable. I'd be itchy in judgmental skin, too.

No one's judging you. It's worth mentioning. The image of you throwing on the Led Zepplin hockey jersey and trolling for tail in boystown brings a smile to my face.

I just read former 44th Ward Alderman Dick Simpson's latest book, The Good Fight, and he talks about a homosexual experience he had in college. Maybe this type of "experimentation" is more common than I thought.

I will admit that there are some men I find attractive- Ryan Phillippe, the late Marc Bolan, the kid from Dazed and Confused. The thing is, they all look like chicks. I can't really see rolling around with some bear. No offense, Mac. Or dolphin.

There are objectively handsome men. I don't think I'd refer to them as attractive, at least not to me. Maybe I'm in denial but its always been women who did it for me. I was just a little kid when Charlie's Angels was on. I distinctly remember some scene where they had to go to a nude beach. I didn't know anything about the birds and the bees yet and was way too young to do anything about it if I did. It just naturally was something that I was attracted to and couldn't get out of my mind. Never had that kind of experience with a guy.

Well, I think there's a line there somewhere between masculinity and femininity. Would you bang Brienne of Tarth?

Hell. Yeah I'd fuck that BIG bitch

:lol: :lol: Me too. Most of my girlfriends including my ex-wife have been big blondes. My wife is small with auburn hair. She sometimes will bust my balls by asking how I ended up with her since I like "big blonde kühe" so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Was your 19-year-old tall and blonde as well?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next