It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
As for an actual question. With baseball season coming up....next time you guys have Winkler on from the milwaukee station to talk cubs/ brewers can you fuck with him a little more? He's a good sport and can go off topic at any time with some hilarious stories. Ask him about his history of taking uneaten wings off peoples plates at a college dive bar and then eating them in the bathroom stall. He talked about it on the air but that kind of a story deserves a blowtorch signal like 670 as opposed to the 20 mile radius antenna up here at 1250.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:25 pm 

The hell if I’m reading all that. Does he still think the sun rises and sets inside Theo’s ass?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Parkins, are you interested in becoming a PBP guy or do you feel radio show host is your calling? If you did PBP, what college or pro team would you choose?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Parkins, have you ever played the lottery using numbers obtained from a fortune cookie?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
As for an actual question. With baseball season coming up....next time you guys have Winkler on from the milwaukee station to talk cubs/ brewers can you fuck with him a little more? He's a good sport and can go off topic at any time with some hilarious stories. Ask him about his history of taking uneaten wings off peoples plates at a college dive bar and then eating them in the bathroom stall. He talked about it on the air but that kind of a story deserves a blowtorch signal like 670 as opposed to the 20 mile radius antenna up here at 1250.

Winkler? From Milwaukee?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Parkins wrote:
First time poster, long time periodic lurker. What happened to Redacted?
GONE!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Parkins wrote:
Thanks for the questions. Feel free to send a few more. I’ll also add this observation... sometimes we get hammered for not sticking to sports. I’ve noticed this board which started as a sports talk radio message board evolved and often the most hotly debated topics have nothing to do with sports radio and you have threads on food, movies, music, politics, current events, and general nonsense (salute for Mac). Why can this sports radio message board expand and adapt with the times to cast a wider net but your local sports talk radio station can’t do the same?

Don't have a problem with you going off the sports topic, usually that's the most fun when you guys are shooting the shit about anything. The problem is the political thoughts are the same as everyone on the station. There's no conversation. I'm sure you heard the term, "echo chamber."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Not bad. There was clearly some effort put into reading the questions and giving thoughtful answers. Flawless navigation around the Hallway Larry and Jules questions too!!

Yeah.. quit ignoring the 350 lb elephant and the sawed off mulatto in the room. Answer these man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Parkins wrote:

Thanks for the questions. Feel free to send a few more. I’ll also add this observation... sometimes we get hammered for not sticking to sports. I’ve noticed this board which started as a sports talk radio message board evolved and often the most hotly debated topics have nothing to do with sports radio and you have threads on food, movies, music, politics, current events, and general nonsense (salute for Mac). Why can this sports radio message board expand and adapt with the times to cast a wider net but your local sports talk radio station can’t do the same?

Food, movies, music, and general nonsense are fine. It's politics and current events where you really get on thin ice. No matter how well thought out your opinions are on politics/social justice issues and no matter how well you express them, you're still going to piss half of the audience off. No matter what you say, no matter what you do, a sports radio show is not going to get people to change their political beliefs.

Also, no matter how good you get at offering opinions on politics/social justice issues, you will never be the equal of the hundreds of outlets that do it full time.

It's just a losing game all around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Parkins wrote:
5. I 100% agree we should be going after bigger non sports guests. It was talked about in 2018, it’s going to be a bigger goal in 2019. I loved our segment on the sopranos anniversary with Alan Sepinwall for example and we’re in touch with Brian Koppleman who wrote Rounders and Billions to hopefully join us in March. Also hoping to have Tom Segura on ahead of his Chicago theatre shows so I like how we’re starting the year off.

Thanks for coming on - excellent show of sportsmanship in taking our questions.

I love the effort, but I was talking about BIG guests. The three you mention above are unknown to most people who don't have quick access to Wikipedia.

I mean BIG. Go after the egotists who just love to hear their own voices. Huge stars.

What's the worst they could say? No?

Let me guest produce for one day and I would have listeners shitting their pants with HUGE GETS. HUGE.

How? I would start with local guys like Jake Johnson, Bill Petersen, etc., ask them to get me in with this guy and that gal, this agent and that producer, and there you go. Before you know it, you have Ahnold or Sly on the damn air at 670 the Score.

Its only as difficult as you make it out to be. Seriously, maybe bring ur buddy LoHo in for a consult on getting big names. He chops down some nice cherry trees from time to time.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:57 am 

Panther pislA wrote:
Parkins wrote:
5. I 100% agree we should be going after bigger non sports guests. It was talked about in 2018, it’s going to be a bigger goal in 2019. I loved our segment on the sopranos anniversary with Alan Sepinwall for example and we’re in touch with Brian Koppleman who wrote Rounders and Billions to hopefully join us in March. Also hoping to have Tom Segura on ahead of his Chicago theatre shows so I like how we’re starting the year off.

I love the effort, but I was talking about BIG guests. The three you mention above are unknown to most people who don't have quick access to Wikipedia.

I mean BIG. Go after the egotists who just love to hear their own voices. Huge stars.

Let me guest produce for one day and I would have listeners shitting their pants with HUGE GETS. HUGE.

How? I would start with local guys like Jake Johnson, Bill Petersen, etc., ask them to get me in with this guy and that gal, this agent and that producer, and there you go. Before you know it, you have Ahnold or Sly on the damn air at 670 the Score.

Its only as difficult as you make it out to be. Seriously, maybe bring ur buddy LoHo in for a consult on getting big names. He chops down some nice cherry trees from time to time.

like I said, I think Obama would be a person you can get. Tell him you will not talk politics. Only limit the discussion to the Sox and Chicago topics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: ....
good dolphin wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Parkins wrote:

like I said, I think Obama would be a person you can get. Tell him you will not talk politics. Only limit the discussion to the Sox and Chicago topics.

There ya go, although I am not a huge fan of deifying a retired deep CIA asset.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Obama couldn’t name 3 current players on the Sox roster.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Panther pislA wrote:

I remember when North and Jiggetts had The Road Warriors on for an interview, and after North's first question, Hawk replied, "you sound like a drinker." :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Parkins, please don't take this personally, as you seem like a fine chap, but I don't really care what you think about anything. You are on a local AM station. Again, no offense.

Love,

leash

P.S. I do like your work, generally speaking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:34 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Obama couldn’t name 3 current players on the Sox roster.

Machado, Harper and Abreu by opening day

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:35 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Parkins wrote:

There ya go, although I am not a huge fan of deifying a retired deep CIA asset.

tough to consider it deifying to have a person on to talk about the Sox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm 

Tuned in just before 3pm yesterday and stayed with it until 4pm when my drive ended. Great hour-plus of radio with talk about the Chappelle Show, Cowley (actually not being a penis) on Bulls, True Detective s3 talk, and Lazarus on the Hawks. One of the best hours of sports radio I've heard in at least a year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FrankDrebin wrote:
Tuned in just before 3pm yesterday and stayed with it until 4pm when my drive ended. Great hour-plus of radio with talk about the Chappelle Show, Cowley (actually not being a penis) on Bulls, True Detective s3 talk, and Lazarus on the Hawks. One of the best hours of sports radio I've heard in at least a year.

Cowley was the biased jag he always is. I loved how he couldn't even admit that the Bulls won the Butler trade.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hey Parkins...why didn't you answer the Laurence or Julie questions?

Afraid of BigRed or scary Larry?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:57 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Cowley was the biased jag he always is. I loved how he couldn't even admit that the Bulls won the Butler trade.

That was the one drawback. He loves Jimmy's cock too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Why would Parkins take shots at Julie or Laurence?

Does he want or need the work stress it could bring?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

The afternoon show seems to have no issues taking shots at guest hosts from other stations (post hang-up) and then replaying their responses after getting called out by said guest on their own show.

So, why just limit it to out of towners? The Score itself was promo'ing Laurence's show with that "Bring It!!" quote for weeks, which was directly after their mini-squabble.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Bill Peterson on the show tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I think talking shit about out of town guests after they get off the phone with them is super cowardly and something a giant pussy would do. Parkins does that shit all the time.

Maybe he should talk shit about Larry on the air, so Laurence can whoop his scrawny, ghoulish looking ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
doug - evergreen park wrote:
The afternoon show seems to have no issues taking shots at guest hosts from other stations (post hang-up) and then replaying their responses after getting called out by said guest on their own show.

So, why just limit it to out of towners? The Score itself was promo'ing Laurence's show with that "Bring It!!" quote for weeks, which was directly after their mini-squabble.

Parkins was fine with the other hosts ribbing them. Pretty much said if we can do it why cant they. It was pretty funny at first but Mac didnt take it so well. Started ripping them for working in Boston instead of NY. He doesnt seem to laugh at himself as much as he used to.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

well, there you go.

If he's fine with it, then be fine with it. Rip away. LoHo doesn't read the board anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
well, there you go.

If he's fine with it, then be fine with it. Rip away. LoHo doesn't read the board anyway.

Do we need to do a graphic novel version of the board to get him to read?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Darkside wrote:
well, there you go.

Do we need to do a graphic novel version of the board to get him to read?

A graphic novel version of the board does sound pretty badass, to be fair to leery

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

a graphic novel of the julie dicaro thread is Garfield Book #3.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next