1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The summer going into 7th grade.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
sinicalypse wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Hell, I’m not even drinking anymore.

Shouldn't you change your name to Sober Squirrel or something? Next thing you know you're gonna tell me that Rogers Park Bryan isn't from Rogers Park or Elmhurst Steve isn't in the Aryan Nation (they're known as "The Brand" in prison =)

As of now I believe it to be a temporary change.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Never high or drunk. Have had too much caffeine very often.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:02 am 

some of you guys are pretty hard core with the early ages. The only way I was even exposed to it in grade school was Hippie Herb the Herb at the caddyshack. He was a veteran...or was he? He was also in the group of older guys they kindly titled "professional caddy". The guy was always firing up. He also was growing in the utility area at the far southwest corner of the course. Herb later went schizo and pulled a switch blade on a kid at the caddie Sox game. Back in those days no one told their parents or raised a stink with management. Herb calmed down and probably didn't remember it the next day and life went on.

First and only time I tried it was in the 'dam when I was studying abroad. I was with about 10 people who had all traveled there with me and were much more professional at it. We sat around at The Grasshopper Café. It really didn't do much for me. I was just my normal funny self. Later on I went to a bar that had space cakes that looked like hostess ho-hos. They tasted awesome and I pounded two for food rather than getting high. I laughed at my friend's nose for about an hour. Then I had to grab some money from an ATM. As I was walking back to the bar a group of gypsies tried to roll me. This wasn't my first rodeo with the Roma people and even incredibly high I knew how to handle myself. If you are familiar with those human cockroaches you know that while they are thieves, they aren't up for physical confrontations. Fights bring out police and police throughout Europe have no qualms about burying a romani in a shallow grave for a simple offense. So they tried to do the move where they bump into you and one guy goes for your wallet. Unbeknownst to them I had put my wallet in my front pocket so their attempts were frustrated. I became aggressive to them, pointed to my front pocket and invited them to dance. They walked away waiting for easier prey.

I've never really had an interest in trying again despite it being readily available. I'm no teetotaler. I may be a square. It's just not my thing...and that is my story.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
My first time I was at work. Summer of 1989 working in the bag room at Forrest Hills Country Club. I was working with my friend's older brother and we went in the back of the cart barn and smoked some from a little water bong. To this day I can remember interacting with members, cleaning their clubs, setting up carts, etc. and having no idea what I just said to them or what they said to me. I "freaked out" just a little bit and went down to pick golf balls on the range to have some time by myself. Ended up smoking a lot of grass at work that summer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:26 pm 

...the next time I get high, will be the first time.....I don't get it, a lot of you hipsters get high to escape reality? AWWW Hell, I AM REALITY!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:27 pm 

Never been high in my 50 years. I tried pot twice, didnt understand the inhale process, so it never really entered my system. I still want to try it, just to get the feeling. I "got a guy" who can get me "edibles" whatever those are, he claims its the same effect. I will try them this summer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:29 pm 

mike the tuba player wrote:
Never been high in my 50 years. I tried pot twice, didnt understand the inhale process, so it never really entered my system. I still want to try it, just to get the feeling. I "got a guy" who can get me "edibles" whatever those are, he claims its the same effect. I will try them this summer.

Edibles are usually pretty potent. To someone who doesnt smoke, they will knock you on your ass. Dont be holding the Tuba.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
some of you guys are pretty hard core with the early ages. The only way I was even exposed to it in grade school was Hippie Herb the Herb at the caddyshack. He was a veteran...or was he? He was also in the group of older guys they kindly titled "professional caddy". The guy was always firing up. He also was growing in the utility area at the far southwest corner of the course. Herb later went schizo and pulled a switch blade on a kid at the caddie Sox game. Back in those days no one told their parents or raised a stink with management. Herb calmed down and probably didn't remember it the next day and life went on.

First and only time I tried it was in the 'dam when I was studying abroad. I was with about 10 people who had all traveled there with me and were much more professional at it. We sat around at The Grasshopper Café. It really didn't do much for me. I was just my normal funny self. Later on I went to a bar that had space cakes that looked like hostess ho-hos. They tasted awesome and I pounded two for food rather than getting high. I laughed at my friend's nose for about an hour. Then I had to grab some money from an ATM. As I was walking back to the bar a group of gypsies tried to roll me. This wasn't my first rodeo with the Roma people and even incredibly high I knew how to handle myself. If you are familiar with those human cockroaches you know that while they are thieves, they aren't up for physical confrontations. Fights bring out police and police throughout Europe have no qualms about burying a romani in a shallow grave for a simple offense. So they tried to do the move where they bump into you and one guy goes for your wallet. Unbeknownst to them I had put my wallet in my front pocket so their attempts were frustrated. I became aggressive to them, pointed to my front pocket and invited them to dance. They walked away waiting for easier prey.

I've never really had an interest in trying again despite it being readily available. I'm no teetotaler. I may be a square. It's just not my thing...and that is my story.

did you caddy at butterfield?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:33 pm 

Franky T wrote:
My first time I was at work. Summer of 1989 working in the bag room at Forrest Hills Country Club. I was working with my friend's older brother and we went in the back of the cart barn and smoked some from a little water bong. To this day I can remember interacting with members, cleaning their clubs, setting up carts, etc. and having no idea what I just said to them or what they said to me. I "freaked out" just a little bit and went down to pick golf balls on the range to have some time by myself. Ended up smoking a lot of grass at work that summer.

Sure looks like there's a relationship--perhaps causal--between caddying and consuming marijuana cigarettes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:42 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Edibles are usually pretty potent. To someone who doesnt smoke, they will knock you on your ass. Dont be holding the Tuba.

Thanks for the warning. i dont want to be knocked on my ass, maybe I will break one in half. I will be with the GF on vacation in the mountains. I wont kill her on nothin like that, will I?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:48 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Thanks for the warning. i dont want to be knocked on my ass, maybe I will break one in half. I will be with the GF on vacation in the mountains. I wont kill her on nothin like that, will I?

Be careful if you eat them and then walk out into the fresh air. Some people are known to curl up in a ball and go sleepies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:05 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Do you want her dead?

If not, then no.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:40 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Do you want her dead?

If not, then no.

I dunno.. I watched reefer madness.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:16 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Do you want her dead?

If not, then no.

I dunno.. I watched reefer madness.

That was a classic slow-laugh movie. I saw that while baked in Lincoln Hall (I think) at U of I. Something funny would happen, and it would take me a few seconds to embrace the full hilarity of the moment. I'd laugh like this: Hunh, hunh, hunh, huhn-ha, hunh-ha, ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-haha, hahahahahahahahhahahhahahahaha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:22 pm 

I saw it at a b movie fest in 94. And 95 or 6 too I think. Way too enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
I heard Boston's More Than A Feeling and was convinced it was the greatest song ever made.

I was wrong. The 2nd time I got high, I was convinced Pink Floyd's Animals was the greatest album ever made. At least I was getting closer to being right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:

DON"T DO IT MIKE!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:00 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
You know, technically the question I asked parkins was about the highest he's ever gotten. Evidently this nuance got lost in translation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:01 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Yeah, it was something like that at U of I. They had some cartoons on before of cartoon characters getting high.

When I was a kid and my brothers went to NU, they took me to these 50s Disney movies on Friday nights. A ton of students were there. I was nine or ten. We went for ice cream afterwards and then everyone went to bed around midnight. I remember thinking, "This place rules!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 pm 

Nardi wrote:
I heard Boston's More Than A Feeling and was convinced it was the greatest song ever made.

I was wrong. The 2nd time I got high, I was convinced Pink Floyd's Animals was the greatest album ever made. At least I was getting closer to being right.

Not embarrassing. This is: Thinking Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues was one of the top five albums of all time, any century. And that was two or three years into me smoking a lot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
We got tuba mike in the tribe. Nice.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
First time I smoked was in my buddy's older brother's brown partyvan on the way to a Metallica Concert my freshman year.

Smoked several times after that, but never got high until like the 7th or 8th time.

Either the weed was ditch or I wasn't inhaling (I believe I was holding the smoke in my mouth, like one would smoke a cigar), or both.

The weed was pretty horrible back then. Absolutely terrible, seedy and brown.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:14 pm 

tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Yeah, it was something like that at U of I. They had some cartoons on before of cartoon characters getting high.

When I was a kid and my brothers went to NU, they took me to these 50s Disney movies on Friday nights. A ton of students were there. I was nine or ten. We went for ice cream afterwards and then everyone went to bed around midnight. I remember thinking, "This place rules!"

This was bfest which was 24 hours of crap. Plan 9 from Outer Space, Invasion of the Bee Girls, The Terror of Tiny Town amongst others including one about people turning corpses into cat food and the cats attacking people. They also brought in a movie that was The wrong reel so we got a few minutes of a Bergman movie. It was a bizarre selection.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

This was bfest which was 24 hours of crap. Plan 9 from Outer Space, Invasion of the Bee Girls, The Terror of Tiny Town amongst others including one about people turning corpses into cat food and the cats attacking people. They also brought in a movie that was The wrong reel so we got a few minutes of a Bergman movie. It was a bizarre selection.

:lol: Was this on campus, then?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:21 pm 

Absolutely, at Norris. there was even a Marilyn Monroe stag film one year. That was something. They still do the festival, open to the public.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Absolutely, at Norris. there was even a Marilyn Monroe stag film one year. That was something. They still do the festival, open to the public.

Wow, that is cool. I wonder if the stag film would fly today.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm 

tommy wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Wow, that is cool. I wonder if the stag film would fly today.

Not sure how well it flew in 94 but I don’t think it would fly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: *
I don't do drugs, never have never will.

Up with hope down with dope!!!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused