It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rozner
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Sounds like Mac may have had a hand in running a Rozner off of the score. And now states he needs to be honest with the listener. I guess he’s pretty tight with the new boss.

Post subject: Re: Rozner
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:49 pm 

Can you share with the class what you are talking about for those of us not listening?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Mac was basically saying what the board thinks of Rozner. Not a fan at score but good writer. Stick to that instead of Feder pity party.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Once again, Jimmy de tapping into the unofficial focus group for The Score...

CFMB = The Electronic Man Cave.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
It started with Mac saying something along the lines of "it's amazing Hit & Run can go on without him" in his sarcastic tone. Said the newspaper is a good place for him to share his opinions. When Parkins pushed back a little Mac said something about how he must have only tuned in when he was doing his McGowen bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The only possible reasons for the newspaper to be a good place:

1) You don’t have to hear his grating voice,
2) No one but me is reading the DH these days, saving the world from Mon Chi Chi’s idiotic thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
That kinda sucks, Mac. You can't expect us to have compassion for your shit when you're essentially pissing on Rozner's radio grave.

Still love ya, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Damn I hope the board doesn’t piss off Jimmy Decastro and Mac at any point where they cease and desist this place.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm 

I am going to knock back a case of shitty beer tonight in an effort to piss on Roz’ radio grave for as long as possible at an economy price.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Mac has a lot of balls critiquing anyone at the score. It was obvious during the m&p Cubs post games they didn't even watch the game often, and just winged it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Shit... I kinda like Rozner on the Score.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:34 pm 

Darkside wrote:

I kinda like that the Score shit on Rozner.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Darkside wrote:

Went to the first Hit and Run fantasy baseball draft and Barry could not have been nicer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
I called in right after that segment!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:50 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I heard that. Not a bad call.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Thanks! To be fair I stole the 2 attempts to challenge any call from a thread on here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Peoria Matt wrote:

Did he sound legit or is he really a soi boy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 pm 

spmack wrote:
That kinda sucks, Mac. You can't expect us to have compassion for your shit when you're essentially pissing on Rozner's radio grave.

Still love ya, though.

Agreed. Spmack is a class act.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 pm 

Darkside wrote:

#metoo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Only on weekend mornings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Not out to piss on a grave.... just being honest. Roz was fine with weekend baseball shows... or as an occasional fill-in (during baseball season). I didn't get the heavy doses of him outside of baseball season. I can think of 10 other hosts I'd rather hear (half already on staff) substitute.

I also am agitated at the source, Robert Feder. Neither Feder, nor Phil Rosenthal, Jeffrey Agrest & Jon Greenberg... nobody has written the truth about the "new Score." Jimmy de Castro was creamed for the changes on two shows in March and the already-successful morning show a couple months later. Comment sections on Twitter, Facebook, here, the papers' sites universally crushed the station.

Where's the motherfucking follow up? Nine months later, the Score is whipping ESPN's ass and the gap has widened. In a post-Cubs world, Parkins & I won all but two of the weeklies and one of them was by 1/10 of a point. Adam Delevitt, in a Jeffrey Agrest S-T column published May 28, chirped about ESPN's "consistency." Know what's consistent? All of their shows are getting their asses pounded by the Score.

Somebody who calls himself a local media critic should write that instead of hosting a pity party for a weekend host with zero skins on the wall in a major day part.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I hated Rozner, he was awful. If Barry wasn't doing his McGowan impression he was talking about Greg Maddux. If Decastro can launch Larry and Julie the ratings gap will explode.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I would "Ask Mac" who he thinks is a better fill in host. And he can't answer Spiegs. Rosnebloom? Shep? DiCaro? Larry? Rozner did just fine on his shows and when he would co-host and I would rather listen to him than the alternatives.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
So basically, MAC and DeCastro are going around the score removing all the leaks from the station.

Very mafia like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mac FM wrote:
I also am agitated at the source, Robert Feder. Neither Feder, nor Phil Rosenthal, Jeffrey Agrest & Jon Greenberg... nobody has written the truth about the "new Score." Jimmy de Castro was creamed for the changes on two shows in March and the already-successful morning show a couple months later. Comment sections on Twitter, Facebook, here, the papers' sites universally crushed the station.

You know the old joke about [insert U.S.-based NHL team], that there are only 15,000 fans in the city but they're there at every game? There were only 15,000 Jason Goff fans, but they were all Extremely Online. I don't think there was ever a more beloved host to local journalists, bloggers, and facebook commenters under 40. They took it so personally, like they themselves were the ones being repudiated. So I'm not surprised that coverage has been less than favorable, even with the strong ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

You know the old joke about [insert U.S.-based NHL team], that there are only 15,000 fans in the city but they're there at every game? There were only 15,000 Jason Goff fans, but they were all Extremely Online. I don't think there was ever a more beloved host to local journalists, bloggers, and facebook commenters under 40. They took it so personally, like they themselves were the ones being repudiated. So I'm not surprised that coverage has been less than favorable, even with the strong ratings.

I mean what other host will tell you stories about how he got pulled over at 3am because he was black*.

*Black meaning cruising for gay sex.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
I enjoyed Rozner on baseball shows; he had some decent Bears and Hawks thoughts also. He tried way too hard to funny sometimes and his constant use of his "catchphrases" really grinded on me. Sucks he won't be on Hit and Run anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac FM wrote:
Not out to piss on a grave.... just being honest. Roz was fine with weekend baseball shows... or as an occasional fill-in (during baseball season). I didn't get the heavy doses of him outside of baseball season. I can think of 10 other hosts I'd rather hear (half already on staff) substitute.

Where's the motherfucking follow up? Nine months later, the Score is whipping ESPN's ass and the gap has widened. In a post-Cubs world, Parkins & I won all but two of the weeklies and one of them was by 1/10 of a point. Adam Delevitt, in a Jeffrey Agrest S-T column published May 28, chirped about ESPN's "consistency." Know what's consistent? All of their shows are getting their asses pounded by the Score.

Somebody who calls himself a local media critic should write that instead of hosting a pity party for a weekend host with zero skins on the wall in a major day part.

Mac is correct on this. Decastro was vilified on every social media(which tends to be to the left, this is important because of the show it replaced). Parkins and Mac are doing great in the ratings. Anyone who thinks this show is not an upgrade over Goff/Bernstein 5 hour lectures on social issues is not much of a sports fan.

I do question the morning show replacing Hanley with Haugh. Also, cannot believe anyone listens to McKnight/Bernstein show for it is honestly just boring.

As to Rozner, very good writer, OMG he is was bad on radio. All I heard was two things, his metra trips in and MCGOWENNNNNNN. How that bit lasted so long. Who told him to continue that or did no one tell him it was just bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:44 pm 

Never understood the love Rozner got. I would listen to hit and run, just because I enjoy baseball talk. Whenever he would work with Bernstein or Porky it was brutal. The goofy voices, the golf odds, the hockey talk, you can keep that shit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:24 am 

Mac FM wrote:

:lol:

Shots fired at your boy Dele!