It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Tanking has been around forever.

Bullshit. No it hasn't - not like it is being done today.

Ask Damon Stoudemire and Big Country Reeves.

Dude, they invented the draft lottery in 1984 to combat tanking.

What is the relevance of Stoudemire and Reeves?

They were on shit-ass teams that would be for-sure tankers in these times, and yet they balled hard 24/7.

It's not the players who are tanking, Thro

Its the executives purposely putting bad teams out there. The players always (99.99%) play their best because their next contract is at stake.

Tanking was so prevalent in the era we grew up watching they had to make a rule to combat it.

There are many legit reasons to hate the modern NBA, tanking is not one of them.

Well, tanking (it is understood that the organization is behind this) and super-team building through crybaby, lowbrow tactics/tampering are enough reasons.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Anyone that thought Parkins was bad in that interview is just blinded by their dislike for him. That was a great interview.

Great is a bit much, even if you love Parkins. I don't need an intentionally combative host asking the "tough" questions. Parkins tone and attitude caused him to "not get to" other questions he had .... Parkins wasn't interviewing him to become the boss of the Bulls, but that sure as hell sounded like it. What are you going to do, outside the box, to get big stars here? Again, I'm no fan of Paxson's GM/VP work but based on Mac's long-time relationship with him I think you had the chance to have a decent conversation and communicate what the fans are truly feeling.....instead boy wonder decided to get smug and condescending with a guy THEY asked to be on their show.

"Great" interview. Yah.

Be happy I didnt call you Harry Suckwad

Yes, thank you for sparing me from such high brow humor.

I've sampled both Mully/Haugh and Bernstein/Rosenbloom today (seems like the Paxson Interrogation was more of a story to Bernstein than it was to Mully) ... I cannot make it through this show if all it is going to be is some sort of bizarre victory dance over Parkins' "great" interview......hearing Parkins go back again, and again, and again, to break down something is quickly becoming as maddening as Rozner's incessant MCGOWAN schtick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

They were on shit-ass teams that would be for-sure tankers in these times, and yet they balled hard 24/7.

Trae Young and John Collins would like a word

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
NBA has never been better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

It is pathetic the way teams are openly trying their hardest to come in last place.

Bryant Reeves ate himself out of the league in about 3 seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:41 pm 

IMU wrote:

Next year could be the best year in a long time. Need Durant to leave GS

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:25 pm 

I listened to it on the podcast. Like others, don't understand the "celebration dance" over an interview. Good interview, Paxson defensive, but he always is.

Today on ESPN1000 Nick Fridell was on and even though I am not a big fan of him, made a great point. The whole Gar/Pax thing jumped the shark years ago. The two guys should have been fired. Wanna ask tough questions to a guest people will care about, get Michael Reinsdorf. He employs these two babbling idiots.

Until fans don't show and local sponsors stop, 3rd in attendance and I think revenue for a bad product. From a business perspective, that is hitting it out of the park. Again, grill Michael, not the clown show of Gar/Pax.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:14 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I was also thinking Michael Reinsdorf would be the guy who merits an interrogation interview. Why the praise for basically something that been done probably 10x already to Paxson on Chicago sportsradio? There's a stench to the interview. Like a set up job attack to boost the m&p relevance? Then, m&p pat themselves on the back the whole next day. Paxson now is low hanging fruit. Grill him, big deal. No push back.

Next day too , Mac revels in the compliments that this is like the good old days on Belmont Ave with no broadcast ties to teams. Bringing up the classic North/McCaskey interview. Yeah, the Bulls were desperate for a radio partner mid season. Right now the score can be honest about the Bulls. In Mac's new score era of honest opinions about broadcast partners let's see if it carries over to the Cubs? Will crazy Joe, Tom, Theo, Jed be taken to the wood shed if merited during an interview? No fucking way will they rock the boat with all the leverage the Cubs have over them. Especially when m&p will basically be a Cubs post game after day home games. Parkins will be his usual Cubs apologist hanging his bs hat on "that data dictates" any time Joe bungles another game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:

I thought super-teams were supposed to be good for the league?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:

I thought super-teams were supposed to be good for the league?

GS would still be a super-team; this would create another (potentially).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
vitoscotti wrote:
I was also thinking Michael Reinsdorf would be the guy who merits an interrogation interview. Why the praise for basically something that been done probably 10x already to Paxson on Chicago sportsradio? There's a stench to the interview. Like a set up job attack to boost the m&p relevance? Then, m&p pat themselves on the back the whole next day. Paxson now is low hanging fruit. Grill him, big deal. No push back.

Next day too , Mac revels in the compliments that this is like the good old days on Belmont Ave with no broadcast ties to teams. Bringing up the classic North/McCaskey interview. Yeah, the Bulls were desperate for a radio partner mid season. Right now the score can be honest about the Bulls. In Mac's new score era of honest opinions about broadcast partners let's see if it carries over to the Cubs? Will crazy Joe, Tom, Theo, Jed be taken to the wood shed if merited during an interview? No fucking way will they rock the boat with all the leverage the Cubs have over them. Especially when m&p will basically be a Cubs post game after day home games. Parkins will be his usual Cubs apologist hanging his bs hat on "that data dictates" any time Joe bungles another game.

I don’t think it’s possible for it to be a “set up job”. Paxson may be a lousy exec but he’s not an idiot. The team has stunk for several years and doesn’t appear to be getting better. He knows he is going to get pounded the minute he agrees to the interview. The fact that he didn’t seem to have better answers to some of the more obvious questions is a bit concerning though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Geraci's
We are not going to get Pax to admit that he is bad at his job.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
This why Pax only came on once a year at Christmas and talked to David Schuster.

Shoe's questions are cleverly worded to ensure Paz would return next Christmas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5