It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sounds good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
FavreFan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Paxson off the rails. He should maybe not do interviews anymore.

:lol:

I’m only like 8 minutes into the podcast clip of it and he sounds like a mad man.

I know Mac said he never heard him like that before, but I want to say about 2 years ago he was on Waddle and Silvy and accused them of interrogation and basically was a replay of today. They had to talk after the interview like Mac and Parkins did and check themselves to make sure they weren't going too hard. I would agree it sounds like Paxson is fed up with dealing with media even though he knows he has to deal with media.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I think Pax is pissed because dumb ass Gar was supposed to be the guy to keep all this shot off him after the Vinny stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Great job by Parkins. I especially like the exchange where he asks Paxson what creative approaches he's taking to attract free agents and the response is nothing really because we know they don't want to come.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm 

People on RealGM seem convinced that Paxson was actually ranting about this board at 19:30, but I took his use of "your forum" to just be referring to sports radio in general. Nevertheless, just in case he was referring to CFMB and reads here, allow me to say piss off John.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm 

Great interview.

Paxson sounded like a total idiot. How dare fans and media expect him to answer questions....about their 12th rebuild. Saying it was an integration anytime he comes on....so stupid.

This team is so fucked.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Pax can be the "Fuck you guy". Cuz he's always had a job for life. Jerry considers him like a son.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Excellent interview. Parkins left Paxson flustered a couple of times. That was some old-school Score interviewing right there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:10 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Was it really that good of an interview? GarPax really should avoid extended question sessions. Paxson was a sitting duck. Paxson has been grilled many times on the score and espn 1000. This was nothing new. No club president or gm should last all these years with his limited success. Michael Reinsdorf needs to clean house, if he's really in charge.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Was it really that good of an interview?

You dont like Parkins. It was a great interview.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
His thoughts on Jim Boylen make it sound like he'll be back...or if he isn't brought back, Pax kinda blames the media for not "getting it" and essentially forcing him to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 am 

I used to yell, "Pax for three!" as I let a three fly from the top of the blacktop.

Paxson has fucked up the Bulls for so many years that I am going to have to change it to "Kerr with a 15 footer!" Which is fine since that is all I can shoot in my old age.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
rogers park bryan wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Was it really that good of an interview?

You dont like Parkins. It was a great interview.

Goff, Bernstein, Silvey and others have went after Pax, and got him pissed. It's theater, but too easy. I wouldn't hand out any awards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am 

Parkins sounded like an entitled know-it-all. I'm critical of Paxson/the Bulls, as they continue to seemingly piss away the sheer power of the Bulls name/logo/history. They, one would think, have unlimited resources (once they're "there"), but the can never cross the threshold into title contender.....and that IS literally his job.

That said, it's called being a professional. It seems like odd behavior for a host to want to spend days/weeks claiming to be a big fan, rally the fans to rise up for the ouster of upper mgt, then to have the guy on and not be interested in having a discussion. Parkins wanted a fight. He wanted to whine and condescend in his questions, bluntly throwing gotchya statements at him and expecting him to not get emotional. Obviously he wanted him to get emotional. He wanted the Twitter mentions and attaboys. He knew he wasn't going to get a sufficient (in his opinion) answer to any of the questions. Like him or hate him, Paxson is doing what he thinks will work - it probably will not, but it's pure insanity to think otherwise....so for Parkins to get so insulted and angry at Paxson, in an "interview" like this, is just silliness. Parkins repeats himself a lot, and I think it's to convince himself of just how right he is ("I, eheheh, I'm sorry, but planning to hopefully win the lottery (to get the #1 pick) is NOT a plan, eheheheh, it's just not.") If he asked Pax if that was his plan, Pax would tell him it's not (at this point getting a high draft pick IS what is going to happen, so that IS part of the plan...if they luck into #1, then they luck into #1...no one with half a brain cell would PLAN on winning that type of lottery) and much like he kept on saying, post interview, that "and Pax knows that".....Parkins knows that Paxson's Plan is not to get the #1 pick. But if he didn't further that narrative, every 5 mins whilst talking about the Bulls, well he wouldn't be doing his job.

Parkins is nothing more than a different version of Mike North. Sure he's not promoting a Hug A Black Day or demanding a local news guy wear a sombrero to look "more Mexican", but he digs in on certain topics and has no problem being incredibly confrontational and offensive (in his line of questioning) or holding a sign in the stands, to get the spotlight on him for at least a few minutes. He's the modern day version of the obnoxious blowhard radio guy.....oh, and he smokes weed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I have no problem with the snarkiness. Paxson needs to stay above it. I don't think Pax was properly prepared to deal with confrontational questioning. That shit should run right down his back. He should keep his red ass more in check.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 am 

Oh, I agree. I don't think Pax has done a great job, and I also don't think he should have reacted the way he did - that's what Parkins wanted, and he gave it to him. He should be above it.

Parkins is SO MAD at Pax and Gar.....if he's truly, I mean seriously, so upset about the Bulls he should be intelligent enough to realize that Pax and Gar are not changing the way they do things and that his anger should be at Reinsdorf. Assuming Reinsdorf (Michael or Jerry) only care about the bottom line, and not championships, then Parkins' little temper tantrums are just super annoying radio.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 am 

If Paxson and the other general managers and owners in town were smart, they would only appear on Mully and Haugh, where they will be tossed softball after softball.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:13 am 

Anyone that thought Parkins was bad in that interview is just blinded by their dislike for him. That was a great interview.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Geraci's
Serious question: how come stars don't want to come here?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:50 am 

RockyBarufi wrote:
Serious question: how come stars don't want to come here?

Whether it's legit or not, there is belief that the Bulls dont take care of their players/stars. They end up fighting with all of them. Jordan, Rose, and Butler all left under less than loving circumstances.

And, the shadow of Jordan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:48 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Anyone that thought Parkins was bad in that interview is just blinded by their dislike for him. That was a great interview.

Great is a bit much, even if you love Parkins. I don't need an intentionally combative host asking the "tough" questions. Parkins tone and attitude caused him to "not get to" other questions he had .... Parkins wasn't interviewing him to become the boss of the Bulls, but that sure as hell sounded like it. What are you going to do, outside the box, to get big stars here? Again, I'm no fan of Paxson's GM/VP work but based on Mac's long-time relationship with him I think you had the chance to have a decent conversation and communicate what the fans are truly feeling.....instead boy wonder decided to get smug and condescending with a guy THEY asked to be on their show.

"Great" interview. Yah.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Harry Seaward wrote:
oh, and he smokes weed.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Great is a bit much, even if you love Parkins. I don't need an intentionally combative host asking the "tough" questions. Parkins tone and attitude caused him to "not get to" other questions he had .... Parkins wasn't interviewing him to become the boss of the Bulls, but that sure as hell sounded like it. What are you going to do, outside the box, to get big stars here? Again, I'm no fan of Paxson's GM/VP work but based on Mac's long-time relationship with him I think you had the chance to have a decent conversation and communicate what the fans are truly feeling.....instead boy wonder decided to get smug and condescending with a guy THEY asked to be on their show.

"Great" interview. Yah.

Be happy I didnt call you Harry Suckwad

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Harry Seaward wrote:
Parkins sounded like an entitled know-it-all. I'm critical of Paxson/the Bulls, as they continue to seemingly piss away the sheer power of the Bulls name/logo/history. They, one would think, have unlimited resources (once they're "there"), but the can never cross the threshold into title contender.....and that IS literally his job.

That said, it's called being a professional. It seems like odd behavior for a host to want to spend days/weeks claiming to be a big fan, rally the fans to rise up for the ouster of upper mgt, then to have the guy on and not be interested in having a discussion. Parkins wanted a fight. He wanted to whine and condescend in his questions, bluntly throwing gotchya statements at him and expecting him to not get emotional. Obviously he wanted him to get emotional. He wanted the Twitter mentions and attaboys. He knew he wasn't going to get a sufficient (in his opinion) answer to any of the questions. Like him or hate him, Paxson is doing what he thinks will work - it probably will not, but it's pure insanity to think otherwise....so for Parkins to get so insulted and angry at Paxson, in an "interview" like this, is just silliness. Parkins repeats himself a lot, and I think it's to convince himself of just how right he is ("I, eheheh, I'm sorry, but planning to hopefully win the lottery (to get the #1 pick) is NOT a plan, eheheheh, it's just not.") If he asked Pax if that was his plan, Pax would tell him it's not (at this point getting a high draft pick IS what is going to happen, so that IS part of the plan...if they luck into #1, then they luck into #1...no one with half a brain cell would PLAN on winning that type of lottery) and much like he kept on saying, post interview, that "and Pax knows that".....Parkins knows that Paxson's Plan is not to get the #1 pick. But if he didn't further that narrative, every 5 mins whilst talking about the Bulls, well he wouldn't be doing his job.

Parkins is nothing more than a different version of Mike North. Sure he's not promoting a Hug A Black Day or demanding a local news guy wear a sombrero to look "more Mexican", but he digs in on certain topics and has no problem being incredibly confrontational and offensive (in his line of questioning) or holding a sign in the stands, to get the spotlight on him for at least a few minutes. He's the modern day version of the obnoxious blowhard radio guy.....oh, and he smokes weed.

People who watch NBA basketball are fucking fools. Basically no better than redneck WWE fans, really, but at least they are open about that "sport" being a total farce.

The second teams started tanking I was out. This was right after it became completely okay to run teams by allowing children to set up paid play-dates with each other in the cities of their choice under the guise of "dynasty-building".

This league is a joke. Its just a place to take a cheap date now. The fact that the United Center still sells out for games is unfathomable in and of itself. It is a juvenile, undisciplined game that is only watched by complete, mindless idiots. There is no conjecture, there is no drama. To engage this mess is a willing admission that one is vapid. There is no history, there is no entertainment. The NBA needs a complete re-boot. I would almost prefer watching fucking soccer at this point.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:07 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

People who watch NBA basketball are fucking fools. Basically no better than redneck WWE fans, really, but at least they are open about that "sport" being a total farce.

The second teams started tanking I was out. This was right after it became completely okay to run teams by allowing children to set up paid play-dates with each other in the cities of their choice under the guise of "dynasty-building".

This league is a joke. Its just a place to take a cheap date now. The fact that the United Center still sells out for games is unfathomable in and of itself. It is a juvenile, undisciplined game that is only watched by complete, mindless idiots. There is no conjecture, there is no drama. To engage this mess is a willing admission that one is vapid. There is no history, there is no entertainment. The NBA needs a complete re-boot. I would almost prefer watching fucking soccer at this point.

Tanking has been around forever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:20 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Bullshit. No it hasn't - not like it is being done today.

Ask Damon Stoudemire and Big Country Reeves.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Harry Seaward wrote:

And is still much worse and more pervasive in MLB.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Dude, they invented the draft lottery in 1984 to combat tanking.

What is the relevance of Stoudemire and Reeves?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:29 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

They were on shit-ass teams that would be for-sure tankers in these times, and yet they balled hard 24/7.

It is pathetic the way teams are openly trying their hardest to come in last place.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

They were on shit-ass teams that would be for-sure tankers in these times, and yet they balled hard 24/7.

It's not the players who are tanking, Thro

Its the executives purposely putting bad teams out there. The players always (99.99%) play their best because their next contract is at stake.

Tanking was so prevalent in the era we grew up watching they had to make a rule to combat it.

There are many legit reasons to hate the modern NBA, tanking is not one of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next