It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Keep fighting the good fight Mac, I would have pressed that nerd on why he thinks he can still booze but he needs to have people study weed to determine if it's got any benefits..what a fucking clown, an ignorant lace curtain, North shore ignorant cun t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Pot heads just can't handle booze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Not true. I've seen FF drink damn near a gallon of whiskey.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:49 am 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:

They go hand n hand, like PB n jelly or Grilled cheese n tomato soup.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:46 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
It was an ATTEMPT at constructive criticism Bob and keep it comin'. But you fail to humor us with specifics.... like.... WHY was it better? You only said it was "far more superior." Cheryl Burton teach you? ABC7's NYE show in '94, to a patron at club, "whattaya you gonna do to make 1995 mo better?"

Nas, Parkins isn't "hogging" the mic. If I felt he were, we'd discuss it. As he said in the Ask Parkins, distribution of "mic time" in interviews is predicated on interest in topic/association with guest, etc. Often times, especially during interviews with athletes, I have nothing more to ask after four minutes. Danny keeps peppering, extracting words from young, often vapid minds. I've done it to death.

I have ZERO relationship with George McCaskey so that thought came out of nowhere.

With Bill Petersen and Dan Patrick, I was a bit mic hoggy, but I also wanted to include Sparkins so he gets to know some of my guys he admires.

We won't quit waving the flag for reshaping the country's view of weed. 20th century viewpoints regarding IMPORTANT issues need to be quashed. Social justice warrior. Kinda hate that term. When did advocating what is right (in this case, medically, not morally) become a bad thing? A doctor actually e-mailed me the other day, noting he never will be prescribe it, nor educate his patients on its "so-called" benefits. That's fucked up. He took an oath. He's placing his own "values" over what the AMA is suggesting.

I am neither religious nor non-religious, but when those empowered to treat patients are choosing the Bible over science.... it needs to be addressed and we have a forum for it. Fortunately, the NFL stuff with weed gives us an easy on ramp to the conversation.

Lastly, enough with the "stick to sports" stuff. Jimmy D didn't verbalize what he meant particularly well in one of the major stories (salute) was written about station changes in March. What he meant was "stick to the toy department." HE'S the one behind our Rolling Stones plans in June. What he wants omitted, I couldn't agree more, is politics.

The weed issue is not a political one.

You're conveniently missing the point on your fairly constant (at least in my sampling of the show) weed talk....I don't care if you wear a blue tie or a red tie, or what that tie makes you think/legislate, nor do I care about weed......I tune into the "toy department" (as you call it) to have fun....not to literally have a stoner do his stoner laugh as he can't even fathom how people might not want it fully legalized/not tested for in sports (all while his cool uncle jumps on the excellent weed for everyone train). Weed is not a political issue the audience is wanting you to stop harping on so much .... it's an f'd out topic that really doesn't need to be brought up with every guest/once an hour. I have Murph's magic 8 ball in my pocket, and it said NOT LIKELY when I asked it if you or Sparkins will go down in history as some great pioneers in the public acceptance of weed, weed, weed.

Mac, you are the only reason I listen to this show - despite your stoner partner's constant KC and weed talk, I enjoy hearing you on the radio. I'm a Day 1 guy, and though you weren't quite enough to get me to wander over to 1000, I was glad when you came back. I've fond memories of you and Terry on the air, but regret to inform you that I will never fully be able to forgive you for getting meatpants back to Chicago/on the air. Though, as with Goff it seems that time has taken care of that mistake for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:13 pm 

312player wrote:
Keep fighting the good fight Mac, I would have pressed that nerd on why he thinks he can still booze but he needs to have people study weed to determine if it's got any benefits..what a fucking clown, an ignorant lace curtain, North shore ignorant cun t

Yea, that answer was ridiculous. It would have maybe been acceptable 15-20 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Mac FM wrote:
It was an ATTEMPT at constructive criticism Bob and keep it comin'. But you fail to humor us with specifics.... like.... WHY was it better? You only said it was "far more superior." Cheryl Burton teach you? ABC7's NYE show in '94, to a patron at club, "whattaya you gonna do to make 1995 mo better?"

Nas, Parkins isn't "hogging" the mic. If I felt he were, we'd discuss it. As he said in the Ask Parkins, distribution of "mic time" in interviews is predicated on interest in topic/association with guest, etc. Often times, especially during interviews with athletes, I have nothing more to ask after four minutes. Danny keeps peppering, extracting words from young, often vapid minds. I've done it to death.

I have ZERO relationship with George McCaskey so that thought came out of nowhere.

With Bill Petersen and Dan Patrick, I was a bit mic hoggy, but I also wanted to include Sparkins so he gets to know some of my guys he admires.

We won't quit waving the flag for reshaping the country's view of weed. 20th century viewpoints regarding IMPORTANT issues need to be quashed. Social justice warrior. Kinda hate that term. When did advocating what is right (in this case, medically, not morally) become a bad thing? A doctor actually e-mailed me the other day, noting he never will be prescribe it, nor educate his patients on its "so-called" benefits. That's fucked up. He took an oath. He's placing his own "values" over what the AMA is suggesting.

I am neither religious nor non-religious, but when those empowered to treat patients are choosing the Bible over science.... it needs to be addressed and we have a forum for it. Fortunately, the NFL stuff with weed gives us an easy on ramp to the conversation.

Lastly, enough with the "stick to sports" stuff. Jimmy D didn't verbalize what he meant particularly well in one of the major stories (salute) was written about station changes in March. What he meant was "stick to the toy department." HE'S the one behind our Rolling Stones plans in June. What he wants omitted, I couldn't agree more, is politics.

Will be an historic Chicago day the day you guys smoke weed on air.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
vitoscotti wrote:
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Great Job, ya know, actually doing your job.

Were you doing your job when you were being a social justice warrior when you should have been talking about sports?

No idea what you're talking about, pussy. Let's meet and fight on camera and then you can crack jokes after I skull fuck your closest female relative.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:10 pm 

Harry Seaward wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

You're conveniently missing the point on your fairly constant (at least in my sampling of the show) weed talk....I don't care if you wear a blue tie or a red tie, or what that tie makes you think/legislate, nor do I care about weed......I tune into the "toy department" (as you call it) to have fun....not to literally have a stoner do his stoner laugh as he can't even fathom how people might not want it fully legalized/not tested for in sports (all while his cool uncle jumps on the excellent weed for everyone train). Weed is not a political issue the audience is wanting you to stop harping on so much .... it's an f'd out topic that really doesn't need to be brought up with every guest/once an hour. I have Murph's magic 8 ball in my pocket, and it said NOT LIKELY when I asked it if you or Sparkins will go down in history as some great pioneers in the public acceptance of weed, weed, weed.

Mac, you are the only reason I listen to this show - despite your stoner partner's constant KC and weed talk, I enjoy hearing you on the radio. I'm a Day 1 guy, and though you weren't quite enough to get me to wander over to 1000, I was glad when you came back. I've fond memories of you and Terry on the air, but regret to inform you that I will never fully be able to forgive you for getting meatpants back to Chicago/on the air. Though, as with Goff it seems that time has taken care of that mistake for you.

oh shut the fuck up. do you really think your opinion matters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:24 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Why so Sirius, playa?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:06 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Why so Sirius, playa?

i get angry sometimes because I no longer do drugs. My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:22 pm 

MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Why so Sirius, playa?

Smoke some weed pussy, get ahold of yourself

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Friday Speigel was in. Parkins comments you're here for the hour. Parkins asks can you stay for another segment to fill out the hour. Speigel says sure. After the commercial Mac announces Speigel had to split for a previous engagement. Can't stay the whole hour. Are these guys the three stooges?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:23 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Friday Speigel was in. Parkins comments you're here for the hour. Parkins asks can you stay for another segment to fill out the hour. Speigel says sure. After the commercial Mac announces Speigel had to split for a previous engagement. Can't stay the whole hour. Are these guys the three stooges?

Maybe Spiegs has graduations to go to, has meetings to go to. Maybe he doesn't want to be in his meetings all sore or be at his son’s graduation all sore just because of something he did in the past.

Ever think of that?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:16 pm 

312player wrote:
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Why so Sirius, playa?

Smoke some weed pussy, get ahold of yourself

I really wish I could let it stop with the douja, my brother. I really, genuinely do...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Their rapid fire celeb call ins with SB picks was pretty alright this afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:12 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
Their rapid fire celeb call ins with SB picks was pretty alright this afternoon.

Yes, this was awesome!

Mac not too good at the Mathematic Bone with TB's prediction.

(34 minus 26 = 8, not 6!)

PAPPY!!!! MY GUY!!!

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:13 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
vitoscotti wrote:

Hopefully everything is okay with Spiegel on the homefront. But he was working. He left McNeil and Parkins holding the bag. He came off looking dazed and confused like a blithering idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:38 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Maybe Spiegs has graduations to go to, has meetings to go to. Maybe he doesn't want to be in his meetings all sore or be at his son’s graduation all sore just because of something he did in the past.

Ever think of that?

I was pretty proud of this one. . . I actually had some self-inflicted, hand-shaped red marks on my back afterwards . . . and. . . nothing.

Nice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:44 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Was Luke Wilson really on the show last week? Missed that one.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Panther pislA wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah, he was plugging his Super Bowl toothpaste commercial and talking about his Cowboys...wants Jimmy Johnson to come back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Panther pislA wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That was an excellent interview. He seems like a good guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Peoria Matt wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It was. When it started I rolled my eyes because I thought it would be a scripted Colgate interview limited to Super Bowl talk. It was anything but that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am 

Franky T wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
RFDC wrote:

It was. When it started I rolled my eyes because I thought it would be a scripted Colgate interview limited to Super Bowl talk. It was anything but that.

Link?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
Paxson was a solid get.

Well done.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:50 pm 

Paxson off the rails. He should maybe not do interviews anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
Paxson off the rails. He should maybe not do interviews anymore.

:lol:

I’m only like 8 minutes into the podcast clip of it and he sounds like a mad man.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Won’t hear it until tomorrow but the Parkins has been firing the last couple days I hope he gave it to Pax good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Won’t hear it until tomorrow but the Parkins has been firing the last couple days I hope he gave it to Pax good.

He asks him about an answer he gave to Schuster on the annual Christmas Day interview. Paxson said if the rebuild doesn't work, then people who want him gone might get their wish.

Parkins brought it up and Paxson loses his mind. (paraphrasing) "God, I can't even say something tongue in cheek ". Mac said he's never heard Paxson so angry.

A caller after the interview said "That's the best defense Paxson played in his whole career."

Very good interview by Parkins and Mac.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next