It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2/11: Stick to Sports!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
At about 2:50 an irate caller Jerry said "If you're going to talk about your weekend please keep it to 5 minutes. I tune into your station for sports, not to hear about your weekend."

McNeil told him he has options, and Jerry said "I know I have options, Mr. Danny! Do you want me to change the station?" Then Mac started asking Jerry what he thinks about various sports topics, which wasn't really Jerry's point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Maybe Jerry is from out of town...or he hasn't tuned in for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Tad Queasy wrote:
At about 2:50 an irate caller Jerry said "If you're going to talk about your weekend please keep it to 5 minutes. I tune into your station for sports, not to hear about your weekend."

McNeil told him he has options, and Jerry said "I know I have options, Mr. Danny! Do you want me to change the station?" Then Mac started asking Jerry what he thinks about various sports topics, which wasn't really Jerry's point.

I was listening and they were talking about future show trips golfing, and show trips that didn't materialize. W&S stray too. M&P are boring without a guest or gimmick segment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
someone should clue jerry in to the world of podcasts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The callers and audience are any FM/AM clients in which they need. With podcasts, etc. the old Howard Stern(when Stern was relevant) of hate radio that many try to replicate of telling callers to not to listen does not work in 2019.

Just ask Goff who was fired and Bernstein who was demoted. Unless you are an incredible talent like Stern was back in 90s, hate listen does not work.

I agree I turn off when they stray and turn off when Waddle and Silvy stray as well. A little hear and their is okay, but when you go on to long on anything, its just bad radio.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
ah for the days when the heavy fuel crew just stuck to sports for the whole show.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:20 pm 

Talking and hanging on every word of any referee was ptfb radio for me.

It's really weird to me fwiw.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
cookie23 wrote:
The callers and audience are any FM/AM clients in which they need. With podcasts, etc. the old Howard Stern(when Stern was relevant) of hate radio that many try to replicate of telling callers to not to listen does not work in 2019.

Just ask Goff who was fired and Bernstein who was demoted. Unless you are an incredible talent like Stern was back in 90s, hate listen does not work.

I agree I turn off when they stray and turn off when Waddle and Silvy stray as well. A little hear and their is okay, but when you go on to long on anything, its just bad radio.

Quote:
Hear and their

:D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
GoldenJet wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

Quote:
Hear and their

Yes, someone got it! The....erererere' word police people on social media sites/twitter might be the most insufferable human beings on the planet. In the WSJ, correction needed. From Conebone69, might wanna save your energy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
cookie23 wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

Quote:
Hear and their

Yes, someone got it! The....erererere' word police people on social media sites/twitter might be the most insufferable human beings on the planet. In the WSJ, correction needed. From Conebone69, might wanna save your energy.

Nah- to fuck up both words in the idiom is kinda special and worth pointing out. I mentioned it to my wife as she was walking by as soon as read it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Hub is such a douche...this afternoon he said Kareem Hunt was no Zeke Elliot or Leveon Bell and the Bears weren't missing out someone who hadn't proven anything yet. Mac countered that leading the league in rushing as a rookie seemed to be proof of ability and Hub then said his numbers were not that good and he led only because it was a down year for running backs. LOLOL.

Parkins also asked Hub if he was surprised Hunt was allowed to sign before the investigation was concluded, and Hub said no, but admitted to reporting the opposite a week ago. LOLOL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That's just an all around bad opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Hub is such a douche...this afternoon he said Kareem Hunt was no Zeke Elliot or Leveon Bell and the Bears weren't missing out someone who hadn't proven anything yet. Mac countered that leading the league in rushing as a rookie seemed to be proof of ability and Hub then said his numbers were not that good and he led only because it was a down year for running backs. LOLOL.

Parkins also asked Hub if he was surprised Hunt was allowed to sign before the investigation was concluded, and Hub said no, but admitted to reporting the opposite a week ago. LOLOL.

Well it was a down year for rb’s based upon total rushing yardage. His total was the lowest to lead the league since 1990. Still a good performance for a rookie though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:24 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Well it was a down year for rb’s based upon total rushing yardage. His total was the lowest to lead the league since 1990. Still a good performance for a rookie though.

And iirc, unlike our own Dolphin and Dr. Ken, he didn't have much to say about Jordan Howard. Or Hunt, despite his pre-draft "study". Or Kamara.

Maybe he just doesn't know 21st century running backs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The other thing that Parkins called Hub out on was Hub's constant referral to the Hunt incident as a DV case. It is not, despite Hub stating that the NFL puts it in the same category.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
There was always tension from early Mac towards Hub sighing or mumbling under his breath. It doesn't come out now with new company guy Mac. I like Hub because he's actually giving his true opinion, which is a rarity anymore on the score. Parkins looked like a fool debating the severity of Hunt's attack that it wasn't DV. I observe this board grades severity of physical attacks by who it's on which I expect from this crowd, but still disappointing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

Tad Queasy wrote:

Personally, I don't care what Mac ate for dinner, his favorite movie from the 90's or band from the 70's. Mac is entertaining though so he at least makes these stories interesting. However, I'm not able to listen for 5 hours straight, or at all some days, so when I do listen, I'd prefer it to be a sports topic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am 

BD wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Personally, I don't care what Mac ate for dinner, his favorite movie from the 90's or band from the 70's. Mac is entertaining though so he at least makes these stories interesting. However, I'm not able to listen for 5 hours straight, or at all some days, so when I do listen, I'd prefer it to be a sports topic.

It's mid-February. There's literally nothing sports related to talk about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
There was always tension from early Mac towards Hub sighing or mumbling under his breath. It doesn't come out now with new company guy Mac. I like Hub because he's actually giving his true opinion, which is a rarity anymore on the score. Parkins looked like a fool debating the severity of Hunt's attack that it wasn't DV. I observe this board grades severity of physical attacks by who it's on which I expect from this crowd, but still disappointing.

What are you saying?

Do you equate Hunt with what Ray Rice did?

All abuse is bad, but there are degrees.