It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Well so much for Decastro wanting to get back to talking sports. Turned on 670 at 1 and it was like I was listening to the view.

I think they hit every bingo card. Racism, Islamophobia, homophobia, Kapernick, right side of history, Virtue Signaling, most divisive times.

And that is without Bernstein in transition.

As much as the gambling talk at the beginning was to much, "fun radio" has reverted back to left wing politics.

Thing is I support much of what they are saying, but man, I don't care what a bunch of 20 year old hipsters and Spiegal have to say about politics.

Yes they have the right to "not stick to sports," but sports radio is the job. The word Sports is in it. Imagine going to a doctor and you go for your exam and instead of talking about your health, he starts talking politics. You would find a new doctor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Parkins is such an effete bitch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Spiegel concluded politics and sports discussion among millennials is more acceptable than for those in their 40s and 50s. I was hoping the discussion would change but that's all Spiegel and Parkins wanted to talk about so I went to ESPN 1000.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Not to defend those guys so much. Today with Ricketts I would say the topic was there to discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Maybe call the sponsors like people did without Goff.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Parkins is such an effete bitch

He is the poster child of beta male.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Maybe call the sponsors like people did without Goff.

All that ended up doing was give Goff the chance to turn down offers from three (3) top ten (10) markets though .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:20 pm 

A quick perusal of cookie's post history indicates he may be the most triggered special snowflake in board history.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Monicals
I already avoid 670 during the weekends because of Julie DeCastro. Now, hearing her voice during the week, is causing my radio dial to bounce even more frequently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Why the hell was she on today?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
cookie23 wrote:
Well so much for Decastro wanting to get back to talking sports. Turned on 670 at 1 and it was like I was listening to the view.

I think they hit every bingo card. Racism, Islamophobia, homophobia, Kapernick, right side of history, Virtue Signaling, most divisive times.

As much as the gambling talk at the beginning was to much, "fun radio" has reverted back to left wing politics.

Thing is I support much of what they are saying, but man, I don't care what a bunch of 20 year old hipsters and Spiegal have to say about politics.

Yes they have the right to "not stick to sports," but sports radio is the job. The word Sports is in it. Imagine going to a doctor and you go for your exam and instead of talking about your health, he starts talking politics. You would find a new doctor.

Espn 1000 has it's flaws. Kaps boot lickin', Hood, Silveys voice, Jurko can get squirrelly. But, no sjw bs, politics, PC obligatory apologies to the offended. They mention hot topics but their views aren't forced on the listeners.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Monicals
vitoscotti wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

Espn 1000 has it's flaws. Kaps boot lickin', Hood, Silveys voice, Jurko can get squirrelly. But, no sjw bs, politics, PC obligatory apologies to the offended. They mention hot topics but their views aren't forced on the listeners.

Those guys can be just as bad, but for different reasons. I generally like Tom Waddle, but I THINK it was their show a few months ago, where for 20 MINUTES they debated two topics: What Silvy likes or does not like in his coffee and which hotel in their recent trip to ESPN HQ had the best toilets. The only reason I stuck it out with that is I was stuck in traffic and whatever was going on over at 670 at that particular time was worse.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
A quick perusal of cookie's post history indicates he may be the most triggered special snowflake in board history.

I am a liberal who likes to listen to sports radio and hear sports talk. Yep, guilty for being consistent. Wanna do the “triggered” or “snowflake” response, have at it. I enjoy getting my news from Jake Tapper, not 20 year old pothead.

Those talking waddle/silvy I agree. It can be good, but when Grangeco(sp?) is on or they go off topic on some really boring subjects they can just be boring.

Thank God for podcasts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Please...for the love of God....STOP. TALKING. ABOUT. THE. SINCLAIR. DEAL.

It's a non-story and Cubs games will be fine.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
wdelaney72 wrote:
Please...for the love of God....STOP. TALKING. ABOUT. THE. SINCLAIR. DEAL.

It's a non-story and Cubs games will be fine.

but the emails!

if not for the ricketts emails i dont think anyone really harps on the sinclair deal.... but i do agree most of the score's audience is probably more interested in how much this will raise their cable bill and what providers are going to do

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
That's not their talking point...it's the (potential) for conservative content. It's not going to happen. It's cubs baseball. let it go.

As far as cable bills go.....paying a la carte is the future...it's coming. We just need the legislation supporting subscriptions in local markets to be lifted. I'd rather pay $5-10 a month directly for the channel without having to sign up for the crap I don't want and go back to wasting $70-100 per month on xfinity or satellite.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.