It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:20 pm 

Well

the parkins woke awakening is upon us, soy boy on sports, the lactose intolerant lines are open, who is better Jesus or Colin Kaerpernik, light em up like Xmas trees.
you have Mac taking his hand off the tiller and having some health issues (the voice
box thing did not help him out of the blocks). He's trying to hold on (Im sure at some good cabbage) and get as much as he can
before, much like Reg Dunlop, he hangs up the blades and retires the axe and remembers that Joe McGrath trained him for the front
office.

Im probably stating the obvious, but I want to say it, I say this with relative confidence: IF MAC WAS NOT ON THIS SHOW, ITS RATINGS WOULD BE SHIT!!!

anyone who believes that Parko is the promised one, the young one who will bring ratings success back to a dying sports radio industry is sadly mistaken. Insanity is repeating the same
thing and hoping for a different result. Parko is now full SJW nutball, shilling his identity politics shtick to an audience that does not want to hear it. After the seal clubbing of
the bernsie Goff Marxist propaganda listening hour, why would you then move into SJW nutball zone when you take middays. Maybe he goes national, good riddance to bad rubbish, but there better be a better contender to take the mike, because soy boy is not it. If he didnt have Danny Mac, he would be drawing shit. Mac, take them for all you can, because after you go, that will be it for this place. Mully has a monopoly because nobody likes ESPNs national panderfest, so mornings will stay good, but forget the rest of em. There has to be more talent out there than this
pile of shit.

Podcasts are gonna kill this place, if they havent already, the doctor is in the hallway talking to the family of terrestrial radio, and he has the I'm concerned look on his mug. send the kids to the area by the vending machines, the future is bleak radio listeners.

Mr. Blonde:
Listen kid, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get.

later
sabu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Monicals
For what it's worth, I listened to about 30 minutes of Parkin's solo national show two Sundays ago and I have to say the entirety of what I heard was .... pretty bad. No SJW content, but nothing very good either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:20 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
AtomicFlop wrote:
For what it's worth, I listened to about 30 minutes of Parkin's solo national show two Sundays ago and I have to say the entirety of what I heard was .... pretty bad. No SJW content, but nothing very good either.

I have heard that same show the past 2 Sundays and thought it was pretty lame too. Not accurate information either. Saying this past Sunday that when the Bulls finally beat the Pistons in the playoffs (Jordan's 56 greatest moments) that ALL the Pistons walked off the floor without shaking hands with any of the Bulls. That was not true Dumars and several others did shake their hands.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:43 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Parkins is the poster boy for the decline of the score. Terrific delivery. Has nothing in common with the average Chicago sports fan. Let Mac go solo with heavy guests, or whatever to lessen his load. Make the show 2 hours. Have the various producers chime in. Now, you've got good radio.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
vitoscotti wrote:
Parkins is the poster boy for the decline of the score. Terrific delivery. Has nothing in common with the average Chicago sports fan. Let Mac go solo with heavy guests, or whatever to lessen his load. Make the show 2 hours. Have the various producers chime in. Now, you've got good radio.

So, the Dan Patrick model?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Wow.

We get it, sabu. You don't like Parkins. You don't need to start a new thread every time you want to have a little diatribe against the man. Next time you get your panties in a bunch over something Parkins says, just post your rant in this here thread. Or better yet, just don't listen.

Later
Coztansa

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:37 am 

I like Parkins. I don't necessarily buy into some board statements about him being the FOTS but I like his work. I even enjoy his Sunday night show.

Podcasts don't really provide that fun element of callers that has been the lifeblood of sports radio across the country. I think that sports talk radio will be one of those vestiges that will live on for as long as radio remains on.

of course Mac draws ratings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: ....
I started off as a big fan of Parkins as well, and that has waned.

When someone starts sniffing their own shit, things usually turn sour.

It kind of seems as if Parkins does not like to take callers now for whatever reason.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am 

What made the Heavy Fuel Crew and later early Boers and Bernstein fun was they were mean/funny. They went in on Phil Jackson for being a pseudo-creep with his Native American mysticism. They told fat jokes. They called people of all races stupid when they deserved it. Bernstein even went after callers for making up false claims of racism. Could you imagine that now?

Now the only people Bernstein feels comfortable really going after are callers he disagrees with from the area codes he doesn't like. Parkins wants to be "on the right side of history" so there is no bite to anything he does, and he is always coming from this position. A video of a drunken fight at Wrigley does not demand that he a perform a long soliloquy on his show to tell us he doesn't like racism one bit. We agree, but we don't want to be lectured about it.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'd rather listen to Parkins solo than Mully and Haugh or anything on ESPN 1000. The mere fact that he manages to stir up discussion, both good and bad, make him a more interesting host than most of the other people we have in this town.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac has the ability to get a good one liner in that will make you laugh. Today he did it and why I love Mack, talking about the Sox, Mac said something to the effect of, "Well now nobody will come watch the white sox, what are pretty going to protest not getting Machado, are they gonna double not go to the park"

I probably screwed it up, but it was hilarious and spot on. Mac has that ability that is a talent in radio most don't. Artie Lange on Howard Stern had that. Saw Artie stand up years ago, just not funny, he was just perfect for the "Jackie chair."

Onto Parkins, agreeing with some on here that I thought he would progress more. Kinda went stale, went to predictable political opinions, etc. Basically there are 1000 Danny Parkins out there in radio land.

I am a liberal on all social issues, but as a lover of sports, I find a few times bringing it up fine, but the amount of time spent is just annoying and a turn off. Also I make fun of my own. The score or SNL has not had one bit on AOC? Really! Remember how many Palin bits there were and there should have been. She was an idiot. Also virtue signaling from both sides I hate. No one has their shit together. Stop preaching.

Trust me, there are more moderate liberals out there and we are not all far left wingers. Kinda like Bear fans and meatball Bear fans. Not all the same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 pm 

Good comparison Artie & Mac. Artie is really bitter towards Stern. Ran across him bashing Stern on YouTube. Stern show now is pretty much trash, except for original cast, Interviews.101 archives much better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
When Howard went Hollywood Howie,I and I think most everyone left. The biggest fall to fans in the history of radio.

Yes he is Rich as ....., but what a sell out to be with the "in" crowd.

As to Artie, I am shocked he is still alive. Did anyone see his nose? His addictions just seem too much. I met him after a few shows and he just has a great heart, nice guy. Hoping he can overcome his demons.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
cookie23 wrote:
Mac has the ability to get a good one liner in that will make you laugh. Today he did it and why I love Mack, talking about the Sox, Mac said something to the effect of, "Well now nobody will come watch the white sox, what are pretty going to protest not getting Machado, are they gonna double not go to the park"

I probably screwed it up, but it was hilarious and spot on. Mac has that ability that is a talent in radio most don't. Artie Lange on Howard Stern had that. Saw Artie stand up years ago, just not funny, he was just perfect for the "Jackie chair."

Onto Parkins, agreeing with some on here that I thought he would progress more. Kinda went stale, went to predictable political opinions, etc. Basically there are 1000 Danny Parkins out there in radio land.

I am a liberal on all social issues, but as a lover of sports, I find a few times bringing it up fine, but the amount of time spent is just annoying and a turn off. Also I make fun of my own. The score or SNL has not had one bit on AOC? Really! Remember how many Palin bits there were and there should have been. She was an idiot. Also virtue signaling from both sides I hate. No one has their shit together. Stop preaching.

Trust me, there are more moderate liberals out there and we are not all far left wingers. Kinda like Bear fans and meatball Bear fans. Not all the same.

Dude I love your take on things. Sincere Kudos! :thumright:

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:00 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Good comparison Artie & Mac. Artie is really bitter towards Stern. Ran across him bashing Stern on YouTube. Stern show now is pretty much trash, except for original cast, Interviews.101 archives much better.

I went to pick up my boy at the airport sunday night. It was snowing and he was flying into midway so I knew it would be a long slog. I took our car with Sirius to get a long block of Stern. Maybe I have been away for too long but I just cannot listen to his new stuff for long blocks. It's not interesting or funny in any way.

I can listen to youtube highlights from the past that last hours without wanting to switch.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Parkins and Grote was a decent show yesterday. Parkins and pretty much anyone has been a decent show. I have listened to Mac and enjoyed most of his work for a lot of years but I think he may actually be holding Parkins back. I find myself switching stations way more when Mac is on the radio nowadays.

I can also say that Parkins solo does absolutely nothing for me. Shep chiming in only makes it worse. He actually seems to have decent sports thoughts but cannot stand to hear his voice on the air. I will have no desire to turn the Score on at any point today.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:10 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
grote is always an instant booster shot to a show when he subs... it's yet to be proven can his bits stand the test of time 5 days a week for 5 hours a day

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
The Man wrote:
Parkins and Grote was a decent show yesterday. Parkins and pretty much anyone has been a decent show. I have listened to Mac and enjoyed most of his work for a lot of years but I think he may actually be holding Parkins back. I find myself switching stations way more when Mac is on the radio nowadays.

I can also say that Parkins solo does absolutely nothing for me. Shep chiming in only makes it worse. He actually seems to have decent sports thoughts but cannot stand to hear his voice on the air. I will have no desire to turn the Score on at any point today.

Did you ever consider you may not like sports radio?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Bennys
Jbi11s wrote:
The Man wrote:

Did you ever consider you may not like sports radio?

I dont like this sports radio. The afternoon show is much better than the Goff experience we had to suffer through but the rest of it is just not good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 am 

The Man wrote:

Parkins lack of talent is holding Parkins back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

I went to pick up my boy at the airport sunday night. It was snowing and he was flying into midway so I knew it would be a long slog. I took our car with Sirius to get a long block of Stern. Maybe I have been away for too long but I just cannot listen to his new stuff for long blocks. It's not interesting or funny in any way.

I can listen to youtube highlights from the past that last hours without wanting to switch.

Same. Every night on my drive home I put on old stern clips. No interest in anything from him from 2011 on

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
vitoscotti wrote:

That fat greaseball should take some responsibility, he was fucking awful compared to Jackie, he beat every bit into the ground. We get it clown, you're a fat dago from Jersey who likes hookers, blow and heroin.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
But doesn't everyone who leaves the show end up hating Stern? He's a stingy prick.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
I'll add one more thing about Stern, when he's not being fed lines by one of his writers, especially Jackie, he's surprising unfunny.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:47 pm 

Stern can be funny on his own. Talking about his parents, or current news. Mac, Stern, Dahl all teamed with inferior sidekicks, or crews, that haven't worked out is a common thread they have. I think after a while they aren't concerned with quality. Just about the money. Mac now a Cubs cabana boy is exactly what he would mock when he detested ass kissers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Parkins Solo + Nonstop NCAA Talk = PTFB Today.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnatis
Don’t know what Sabu has up hs butt about Parkins but he’s the main reason to tune in. Great takes on sports and doesn’t just care about 20 years ago like Mac. He’s great solo. Great when he pairs with Spiegs. Never should have split them up. Mac is a has been who phones it in. Really only cares about football and can’t be bothered with being prepared. Parkins carries the shoe and does great solu. This sabu character clearly doesn’t understand quality when he hears it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnatis
This Sabu character is quite the tool. Danny is prepared, has the knowledge and talent to carry the show alone at any time. Mac is great if you want the nostalgia of the old days in football but to say McNeil is why the show draws is insane. The show draws because Parkins is an enormously talented host and is the future of the WSCR. It sure isn’t the arrogant Laurence Holmes. Parkins (unless DiCastro fucks up and loses him by not paying him enuf), provides the Score a chance at 25 years with the Goat of sports talk radio hosts in Danny Parkins. Others are sniffing around danglin’ more money at him but in his heat and soul his family, his beloved teams and his heart totally belong to Chicago.Fans want that passion on the home town station.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:16 am 

Mac should have went solo during the interview with Fergie Jenkins. Parkins should have never participated in that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
The station should never have fucked with the Spiegel and Parkins show. That was a terrific duo. McNeil should be solo or with Bernstein.