It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Maybe I didn't listen at the right times but most of what I heard was okay at best?

MANY segments were replays of previous interviews?

What did I miss here, fellas? I still think the best stuff will be the stories that will trickle out in the coming days?

A PTFB moment was Bernstein & McKnight amazed by and analyzing a groundskeeper extracting sunflower seeds from the field - for 10 minutes. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
newper wrote:
Beautiful looking course

Is Parkins wearing running pants and running shoes?

I spy a Proforce Axivcore shaft too. Not a fan. Furious prefers the Proforce V2. Parkins appears to be using it as a walking stick.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Curious Hair wrote:
. To be a fly on the wall as one guy's draining two weeks' worth of their prize budget.

Interesting story for you -- When Carey took over on TPIR, they knew it would have an affect on the viewers, so they made the games easier to win so it would be more exciting. They made them a little -too- easy though --- after 6 months, the show was $700,000 over budget.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
So, the purpose of the Score House was to promote the Bernstein and McKnight and McNeil and Parkins shows and to give current listeners a reason to listen more and to attract new listeners. After that, I would think both shows would be motivated to put forth their best efforts to capitalize on this but, no...Mac is on vacation all this week and Parkins in on vacation all next week.

Wasn't Score House fun! Want to hear more of McNeil and Parkins? Well, tune back in three weeks.

That seems...odd to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Yeah, I tried listening Parkins yesterday and it was awful. They started letting Grody opine which is never good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
newper wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
. To be a fly on the wall as one guy's draining two weeks' worth of their prize budget.

Interesting story for you -- When Carey took over on TPIR, they knew it would have an affect on the viewers, so they made the games easier to win so it would be more exciting. They made them a little -too- easy though --- after 6 months, the show was $700,000 over budget.

producers:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
So, the purpose of the Score House was to promote the Bernstein and McKnight and McNeil and Parkins shows and to give current listeners a reason to listen more and to attract new listeners. After that, I would think both shows would be motivated to put forth their best efforts to capitalize on this but, no...Mac is on vacation all this week and Parkins in on vacation all next week.

Wasn't Score House fun! Want to hear more of McNeil and Parkins? Well, tune back in three weeks.

That seems...odd to me.

I kept hearing that this whole thing was to promote the Cubs as well as an opportunity for the relatively new lineup to bond and get to know each other. I didn't hear them once mention the importance of the station-audience relationship. I thought that was the key to all of this, especially a guy like Connor McKnight. There should have been more interaction (Q + A perhaps) with their audience on Facebook/Periscope, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Parkins mentioned that they should give spring training trips to listeners next year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah that would be the way to go. Like when Dahl took listeners to Hawaii every year. Not in the budget I’m sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Caller Bob wrote:
Yeah, I tried listening Parkins yesterday and it was awful. They started letting Grody opine which is never good.

Solo Danny today was even worse.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Yeah that would be the way to go. Like when Dahl took listeners to Hawaii every year. Not in the budget I’m sure.

Those were sponsored trips I'm assuming/hoping, Apple vacations or whoever sponsored those trips was mentioned 1,000 times.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Sarge wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Those were sponsored trips I'm assuming/hoping, Apple vacations or whoever sponsored those trips was mentioned 1,000 times.

I am sure. My recollection is that it was generally the resort sponsoring.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Is Les going to come along for Score House II?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7