It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Every person in that picture is actively trying to avoid eye contact with Bernsie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He looks like corpse, get some sun nerd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
Every person in that picture is actively trying to avoid eye contact with Bernsie.

:lol: :lol: They are.

Before he's 60, Bernstein is going to look like Mr. Burns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
He won about $100,000 (in 1984 dollars), blew it all on harebrained gambling schemes, and died penniless.
Who could have seen that coming!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
312player wrote:

If I remember correctly he's declared multiple times he holds an anti-sun stance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
SpiralStairs wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

***27 minutes later*** and THAT'S why the Bulls, even with a healthy Derrick Rose, would never have beaten the Heat in the 2012 playoffs.

Lawyers are the worst accountants.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
He won about $100,000 (in 1984 dollars), blew it all on harebrained gambling schemes, and died penniless.

If I remember correctly, the last one involved a radio station looking for the serial number on a $1 bill, so he went to the bank, took out tens of thousands of dollar bills, then left them lying around his family room in plain sight for someone to break in and steal them all. This never would have happened to Ken Jennings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If I remember correctly, the last one involved a radio station looking for the serial number on a $1 bill, so he went to the bank, took out tens of thousands of dollar bills, then left them lying around his family room in plain sight for someone to break in and steal them all. This never would have happened to Ken Jennings.

Still a legend

The man decided he did not like working and instead of half assing it like most people or getting welfare, he went to work on harebrained schemes!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:35 pm 

As I've mentioned before, I watched tons of Press Your Luck on USA as a kid (sad day when I realized they stopped running game show reruns in middays). They were never allowed to show his episodes. Never got to see the actual episodes until I was in high school, I could only read about them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I finally decide to give this a bit a try and they have Len Kasper on. PTFB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
As I've mentioned before, I watched tons of Press Your Luck on USA as a kid (sad day when I realized they stopped running game show reruns in middays). They were never allowed to show his episodes. Never got to see the actual episodes until I was in high school, I could only read about them.

Buddy. Buddy. Buddy? You read about game show episodes as a kid?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Kirkwood wrote:
312player wrote:

If I remember correctly he's declared multiple times he holds an anti-sun stance.

ULTRA.VIOLET.RAYS.KILL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:51 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
312player wrote:

ULTRA.VIOLET.RAYS.KILL.

But the lack of them seem even worse in his case. He can’t be healthy. Look at that guy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:58 pm 

Either way his wife thinks he’s a catch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Toxic America Gay wrote:
Who is the goy in the pic?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm 

pittmike wrote:

He is extremely successful on a professional level.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
SCORE HOUSE... Mackey cooks his scallop recipe...

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/fil ... ve-reviews

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
harebrained schemes

Isn't it hair-brained schemes (I.e. you have no brain, only hair in its place) as opposed to harebrained like, say, rabbit brained schemes? Why do you hate rabbits?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:11 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He is extremely successful on a professional level.

He better be. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:16 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
harebrained schemes

Isn't it hair-brained schemes (I.e. you have no brain, only hair in its place) as opposed to harebrained like, say, rabbit brained schemes? Why do you hate rabbits?

Speed envy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Mac and Parkins talking with actor Patrick St. Esprit from Draft Day. Good stuff right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Godfella wrote:
Mac and Parkins talking with actor Patrick St. Esprit from Draft Day. Good stuff right now.

Didn’t Mac reference something about Mully being upset about comments from the other shows? I thought I heard Mac say they would discuss that but never heard anything about it again. Did I miss something?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Score House made the paper.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-spt-wscr-score-house-improvement-ideas-rosenthal-20190308-story.html

Column: 9 ideas to improve WSCR-AM's 'Score House' for the audience, if not the sports talkers
Fabulous Phil Rosenthal weighs in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
beni hanna wrote:
Score House made the paper.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-spt-wscr-score-house-improvement-ideas-rosenthal-20190308-story.html

Column: 9 ideas to improve WSCR-AM's 'Score House' for the audience, if not the sports talkers
Fabulous Phil Rosenthal weighs in.

It did have some promise but didn’t do much for me in the end. Without all the shows there I think we kind of knew not much would happen. Making the the morning divas live in the house is the only way fireworks are possible. I can’t imagine Mully being the whiny bitch that he is would ever do it though. Maybe if Shep is right and the rules did change it will be better next year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bring back Murph for this

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Bernstein is aging rough, but it could be worse....

This man was 34 years old when this picture was taken

Everyone looked old in the 80's. I'm in a facebook group dedicated to memories of the town I grew up in. Lots of photos posted from the 1980's of people who were in high school. Most of these women looked like they were in their 40's or 50's. Just an awful decade for everything.

Who is the guy in the pic?

Michael Larsen! He was on Press Your Luck (the big bucks, no whammies show) and, while out of work, taped all the shows and memorized the pattern of the gameboard (a ring of slide projectors outlined in lights, very primitive) so that he always knew when to stop and land on the $5000+Spin space. He broke the game such that the whole second round of the game had to stretch out over an episode and a half because he kept landing on free spins and never lost control of the board. He won about $100,000 (in 1984 dollars), blew it all on harebrained gambling schemes, and died penniless.

I get that he memorized the patterns, but how did he know when to stop? Did he just have to get the timing down? And that's why he missed on the +Spin a couple times and got better at hitting square 4 as he went on?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

This was pretty cool. Mac gets it 2 feet from the hole from 235. Right before he hit it, Parkins agreed to a bet for closest to the hole. Parkins knew he lost right after he saw where it landed. Obviously. I guess his shot was next.

Felt good for Mac. He was pretty proud talking about it afterwards. Said it was the best shot of his life. Cool.

https://670thescore.radio.com/media/files/day-3-best-golf-shot-macs-life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I'd like to see them do an hour show as a foursome at maybe 9 or 10pm which is not constrained to just sports talk. That gives them time to have a nice dinner and have a few oat sodas... that would be the essences of what Score House is like. What it was was just Cubs interviews for a week... at least the on-air shows. And recapping the previous night's events, while enjoyable, isn't the same as experiencing it live. They could even record stuff and have another Gertsch type cut up the previous night into a 30 minute segment that they put on between the shows instead of doing transition. Or offer a live stream with a cam in the house -- I know Bernsie wouldn't ever go for it probably, but that's more what I would want to see out of Score House.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:54 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
newper wrote:
I'd like to see them do an hour show as a foursome at maybe 9 or 10pm which is not constrained to just sports talk. That gives them time to have a nice dinner and have a few oat sodas... that would be the essences of what Score House is like. What it was was just Cubs interviews for a week... at least the on-air shows. And recapping the previous night's events, while enjoyable, isn't the same as experiencing it live. They could even record stuff and have another Gertsch type cut up the previous night into a 30 minute segment that they put on between the shows instead of doing transition. Or offer a live stream with a cam in the house -- I know Bernsie wouldn't ever go for it probably, but that's more what I would want to see out of Score House.

Cubs interviews and hosts talking about non sports topics are immediate red flags to turn the score off. The only scorehouse must listen was M &P boot licking Theo when he was throwing crazy Joe under the bus.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:08 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Bernstein is aging rough, but it could be worse....

This man was 34 years old when this picture was taken

Everyone looked old in the 80's. I'm in a facebook group dedicated to memories of the town I grew up in. Lots of photos posted from the 1980's of people who were in high school. Most of these women looked like they were in their 40's or 50's. Just an awful decade for everything.

Who is the guy in the pic?

Michael Larsen! He was on Press Your Luck (the big bucks, no whammies show) and, while out of work, taped all the shows and memorized the pattern of the gameboard (a ring of slide projectors outlined in lights, very primitive) so that he always knew when to stop and land on the $5000+Spin space. He broke the game such that the whole second round of the game had to stretch out over an episode and a half because he kept landing on free spins and never lost control of the board. He won about $100,000 (in 1984 dollars), blew it all on harebrained gambling schemes, and died penniless.

I get that he memorized the patterns, but how did he know when to stop? Did he just have to get the timing down? And that's why he missed on the +Spin a couple times and got better at hitting square 4 as he went on?

I think part of it was getting a feel for the actual board mechanics -- remember, he hit a whammy his first spin. I think he also memorized a fallback where there was another square that never had a whammy on it, so if he blew stopping on the 3000+/4000+/5000+ square, he could land safely on one that had less money and no free spins but also no whammies. And of course, being only human, he started getting shaky as it went on and finally knew well enough to pass. The show's supposed to be coming back again this summer, but surely so random as to make this impossible.

I also think he must have played dumb in his audition (and some of the first round). I've watched enough of this dumb show to know that coordinators were obviously looking for babbling idiots, but here's this guy who's watching the board intently and not saying a word. To be a fly on the wall as one guy's draining two weeks' worth of their prize budget.

pittmike wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Buddy. Buddy. Buddy? You read about game show episodes as a kid?

The game show reruns went away in 1995. I first got the internet in December 1996. One thing I wanted to do early on was remember the TV shows I used to watch. Sorry I wasn't using the nascent internet to fuck chicks as a ten-year-old.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next